What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

scouser thugs

fish eel

Immortal
I'm surprised there hasnt been a thread about this ;-)

http://breakingnews.iol.ie/sport/story.asp?j=221404424&p=zzy4x5y3x&t=soccer

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]A UEFA report which will be presented to Britain's sports minister Richard Caborn tomorrow will brand Liverpool fans the worst in Europe.

European football’s governing body, who commissioned undercover police agents to compile the report over the last four years, say there have been more incidents involving Reds supporters than anyone else.

The report paints a damning picture of the Anfield club’s fans’ behaviour at last month’s Champions League final in Athens.

UEFA insist those alleged incidents – with many supporters who held genuine tickets complaining of being denied entry into the stadium – were the latest in a long line of transgressions.

UEFA spokesman William Gaillard said: “The incidents involving Liverpool fans have been well known to us before the trouble at the Champions League final which involved Liverpool fans last week

“That was just the latest example. What other set of fans steal tickets from their fellow supporters or out of the hands of children?

“We know what happened in Athens, and Liverpool fans were the cause of most of the trouble there.

“There have been 25 incidents involving Liverpool fans away from home since 2003 and these are in the report – most teams’ supporters do not cause any trouble at all.”

Liverpool have sent their own report to UEFA complaining about lax security measures at the final. Many supporters with forged tickets or no tickets at all managed to gain access to the stadium.

Gaillard added: “You must ask yourself why at the same match, with the same conditions, there was no trouble with the Milan fans – only the Liverpool fans.”
[/FONT]

that report is missleading since it's about european football matches and not domesticaly, i'm sure lots of turks, serbians, croatians, czechs and italians are quite upset at losing the title of the worst crowds to liverpool of all clubs

Moffo

Referee
i've spent a bit of time up there and that report is not surprising at all

Red Bear

Referee
meh
Athens was a farce from all reports.
I dont defend the actions of this small minority of fans tho, shouldnt start trouble its stupid. Surprised no Italian sides were mentioned after both legs of roma vs man u this year, or after peopl get killed in their domestic competition. The misleading thing here is its talking just about europe compettion, not some of the sh*t that goes down with many clubs in domestic comps round the world

Still hopefully our fans clean up their act overseas from now on.

Tom Shines

First Grade
I would be mighty pissed too if I flew 43559ks to Athens, only to be refused entry when I DO have a valid ticket to the biggest club game of the year.

UEFA are a bunch of hypocritical merkins and are a joke of an administration from a region that is supposed to be leading the way ... like wheelsy says, no one mentions the fact UEFA f**ked up major on that night and the greek stadium was in no way fit to host that game, yet another f**k up from a board who couldn't organise a root in a brothel ... it's fitting that ac milan are current european champions too

dingalingbell

Juniors
muppets at UEFA love to make a big deal of when English fans do anything wrong, conveniently forgetting all the things the Italians have done in the last couple of years.........

dingalingbell

Juniors
Tonearm Terrorwrist said:
UEFA are a bunch of hypocritical merkins and are a joke of an administration from a region that is supposed to be leading the way ... like wheelsy says, no one mentions the fact UEFA f**ked up major on that night and the greek stadium was in no way fit to host that game, yet another f**k up from a board who couldn't organise a root in a brothel ... it's fitting that ac milan are current european champions too

:fist: really does say it all...............

BlueFenix

Juniors

Were they not involved in the match fixing? Should have not even been there. Liverpool should have played another team that really deserved to be playing for the best team in europe tag. AC = cheating f*cks.

Time for Platini and Gailard to move on me thinks.

i'll explain it anyway, because uefa f**ked up by letting the cheats play in europe and then f**ked up by letting a stadium unfit to stage the biggest club match of them all and because total chaos followed, i said it was fitting that milan are champions, as in making the entire 2006/07 champions league a joke

thought that was obvious:?

suck sh*t, just coz u cant handle that a team that actually plays an attractive brand of football is euro champs. im no fan of ac milan but im proud to see them as euro champs.

fifa are the f**k ups, sepp blatter is an idiot the size of pele

MrSharky

Juniors
pennywisealfie said:
suck sh*t, just coz u cant handle that a team that actually plays an attractive brand of football is euro champs. im no fan of ac milan but im proud to see them as euro champs.

I'm sorry but I disagree with this point. Obviously Milan are made to sound like "Joga Bonito FC" when Foster talks about them during his anti-English club tirades (which I sort of half agree with). Just because they don't play hoofball and actually play the ball on the ground doesn't render them as an attractive team to watch.

Milan are a typical Italian team with a defensive outlook (no.1) and pragmatic approach (no.2). Their midfield is far from what you call dynamic and the strikers they have (minus Ronaldo) are to put it simply: appalling. FFS Filipo Inzaghi is the most ungifter player in the history of football :lol:.

In fact: Capello's R.Madrid >>> Ancelotti's AC Milan

Furthermore, I would not even contemplate watching them if there wasn't the individual brilliance of R9/Kaka to look forward to...

icon6.gif

pennywisealfie said:

even stevie wonder gets bored during milan games

Latest posts