What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scrubs

Munky

Coach
Series 1 - 3 were some of the best TV I've ever seen.

Everything after that was good without being a standout.

Caged Panther

First Grade
Although I must say How I Met Your Mother is catching up imo, also a great show.

It's been good to see How I Met Your Mother developing a bit of a fan base. I think a lot of people wrote it off early as being another run of the mill US comedy.

Neil Patrick Harris as Barney is worth the price of admission alone and that whole slap bet think he has going on with Marshall is hilarious. :lol:

tokerShark

Juniors
However, house is not sh*t, and it is not the same type of show so you cant compare them like that. I agree cox was probably a great inspiration for house, but they are slightly different personalities. Also, 7 doesnt even have house, 10 does, so you cant complain that 7 is forgetting scrubs because of house, unless you just like having go's at house.
i never refered to channel 7 , i meant comercial staitions in general. however, house is sh*t, but thats just my opinion

Bumble

First Grade
Scrubs is a good show, it doesn't overdo it and it's always funny. The janitor is piss-funny as is The Todd.

I hate House, hate it with a passion. 3 minutes into it and I wanted to punch the TV.

Hugh Laurie's accent is so utterly ridiculous that I couldn't watch a second more.

Agree entirely. Dr House is just a watered down version of Cox, with a drug problem.

Locky24

Juniors
Scrubs has to be one of the Funniest Shows still going, IMO No matter how Many episodes get made they will never get boring.

You think he does a bad American accent?
He does an amazingly effortless, great accent IMO.

It's probably a great accent. The problem for me is that he was so f**king funny in the Blackadder WWI series, that I just can't watch the bloke doing a yank accent.

300 million f**king yanks and they have to pinch a Pom to play one...

Tommax25

Bench
i never refered to channel 7 , i meant comercial staitions in general. however, house is sh*t, but thats just my opinion

whatever in post 7 you say somehting along the lines of "they give crap shows like house and greys anatomy primetime", implying that they get primetime over scrubs. scrubs=7, greys anatomy=7, house=10. You reffered to them as if those two were in direct competition with scrubs, like if one was suddenly cancelled scrubs would move in. House is not stealing scrubs primetime as it is on a different channel. Greys anatomy maybe, but not house. The only possible impact house has on scrubs scheduling is that channel 7 bosses feel that it wont stand up to house in direct comeptition for ratings in the same timeslot so they run different shows over scrubs which they feel will rate well against it. But that only explains one day, so no house barely impacts on scrubs timeslot at all. In saying that channel 7 will only run what rates well so I guess if more people watch it at 11:30 it may get bumped up. But I doubt it.

And fair enough you think house (and greys anatomy) are crap but plenty of other people would feel otherwise, including myself with house, and perhaps a lack of people like you, me and the rest on this thread for scrubs is why it is where it is. thats my opinion.

And a little off topic, if we are talking about shows not being given their dues you cannot go past the king in this department arrested development. that is the best show I have ever seen, yet it got canned after three seasons and got horrible timeslots in australia. a travesty of justice that is.

elyod138

Bench
And a little off topic, if we are talking about shows not being given their dues you cannot go past the king in this department arrested development. that is the best show I have ever seen, yet it got canned after three seasons and got horrible timeslots in australia. a travesty of justice that is.

Arrested Development was amazing.

Hopefully the movie is just as good (if they ever start it).

Aaron_sfas

Juniors
Arrested Development was amazing.

Hopefully the movie is just as good (if they ever start it).

every time i watch arrested development it gets funnier. i've probly seen it all about 5 times through, and it keeps getting funnier. horribly underrated show. shame it was cut so short

tokerShark

Juniors
its funny how we got into arrested development, my mate and i always argue which is better, the more i watch arrested development the more i like it, but one thing bugs me about it.... george michael, not his character or even the actor that plays him(awesome in superbad), but the fact everyone calls him george michael, just george would do, i know its petty but it bugs the sh*t out of me

Aaron_sfas

Juniors
its funny how we got into arrested development, my mate and i always argue which is better, the more i watch arrested development the more i like it, but one thing bugs me about it.... george michael, not his character or even the actor that plays him(awesome in superbad), but the fact everyone calls him george michael, just george would do, i know its petty but it bugs the sh*t out of me

yeh... but jeffrey tambor is george, so he cant be called that... and the jason bateman is michael, so he cant be called that.

therefore: george michael

effnic

Bench
I f**king love scrubs man, i got all 6 seasons on dvd and i have downloaded up to episode 11 on season 7, it seems to have stopped there. I have read everywhere that season 7 will be the very last.

Latest posts