What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sea Eagles' World offer

Lowey3

Juniors
lockyno1 said:
Good. I could not care less about the game.:lol:

Typicall Ocker Sh*te.

1 Club man rather than thinking about the game as a whole, you Ockers make me sick!

Who ever comes over will lose against us (ST Helens) however thats not the point! Your excuse for years as been because it's played in the UK, now that we want to play it in OZ - Brisbane want to pull out of it altogether!

I'd love to play Manly in a Trial match at Knowsley Road - the atmosphere is awesome at our ground and i'm sure the Manly players will love the game, they're also very close to the Fans.

And it'd be awesome to see the Worlds best centre play at KR for 1 last time (well atleast while his contracts still on at Manly) - i have a feeling he'll be back in 4 years.

Lowey3

Juniors
Mr Saab said:
The "worlds best centre" will not be allowed to play for St Helens in this WCC game.

Who says he will ?

He'll still get a great reception at KR and he's someone who all fans love watching - whether he plays for our team or not.

This season fans of Bradford, Leeds, Hull etc.. have all stood up and applauded his displays.

The guy is a legend!!

Anyway, i fail to see why Manly are getting stick!! when it's Brisbane who dont give a sh*t about our great game.

Briza

Juniors
Lowey;

Thanks for adding some intelligence to the post, As you can see from the responses from opposition supporters - Jealousy and Hatred for the Manly Club is well and alive!

Mr Saab

Referee
Lowey3 said:
Who says he will ?

He'll still get a great reception at KR and he's someone who all fans love watching - whether he plays for our team or not.

This season fans of Bradford, Leeds, Hull etc.. have all stood up and applauded his displays.

The guy is a legend!!

Anyway, i fail to see why Manly are getting stick!! when it's Brisbane who dont give a sh*t about our great game.

IF Jamie plays, he will be in a Manly jumper.
I dont care if Manly play this game or not..it is a mickey mouse game and probably another game where Matt Orford will fail to deliver

wittyfan

Referee
The WCC stuggles enough as it is to gain credibility, if this farcical idea of a match goes ahead it will kill it off once and for all.

t-ba

Post Whore
wittyfan said:
The WCC stuggles enough as it is to gain credibility, if this farcical idea of a match goes ahead it will kill it off once and for all.

It's not going to be billed as the WCC though...Maybe Cronulla Should Relocate to Blackpool and attempt to capture the NL1 title...

jed

First Grade
Is it only that Manly are offering to play St Helens that people are getting upset about? How about they offer to play one of the other finallists? I'm sure you'd find a few willing teams like Hull, Bradford, Leeds etc that would gladly offer to play Manly. Would that make people happy?

Personally I hope the WCC goes ahead. That way, irrespective of the result, no-one can say that playing the game in the dead of the northern winter has favoured the ESL side. The fact is, only one team in recent years (the Roosters) have taken it seriously, and they managed to win a few years ago. I'd like to see Brisbane field their best possible side, and see how things go.

As much as I dislike St Helens, I'll be cheering them on if they play Brisbane - St Helens were a class act this season. Had Melbourne won the NRL GF this year, I'd have simply relished a cracker of a game, the two greatest sides in the world facing off against each other. I might have even made the effort to travel to the game.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Lowey3 said:
1 Club man rather than thinking about the game as a whole, you Ockers make me sick!

Pfft, sorry if I care more about premierships than a crappy WCC game!:lol:

t-ba

Post Whore
wittyfan said:
If it's not billed as the WCC, then why travel halfway around the world for a trial????

The opportunity to play in a trial against one of the finest RL clubs in the World should be incentive enough.

jed

First Grade
wittyfan said:
If it's not billed as the WCC, then why travel halfway around the world for a trial????
Why take the effort to travel to country NSW for the trial games? If Manly go to the UK, they won't simply play against the Saints, they'll also play against other sides. The exposure they'll receive over there will be well worth the trip, and their fanbase will certainly grow.

Isn't that the whole reason the NRL trials are played in the country - as a goodwill exercise? Good on Manly for even entertaining the idea.

t-ba

Post Whore
If Manly donated a few Million to internally displaced refugees in the Darfur, I have no doubt that half of the Board would criticize the club for its nerve to challenge the Soveignty of the Sudanese Government...

effnic

Bench
Now the real footy fans are out making legitimate points the pretenders seem a bit quiet,(except wittyfag and lockyfag but who can shut them up) you all have nothing better to say than how bad manly suck. You guys arent rugby league fans, your as bad as the media waiting for something controversial to happen then you jump out of your little rocks. Its not about manly its about a game of rugby league.

If its not Brisbane, it should be Melbourne, simple Manly got to the final 6, and then got belted by a team who got beaten comfortably by the runners up. Melbourne should get the next priority and not Manly.

Misty Bee

First Grade
lockyno1 said:
Pfft, sorry if I care more about premierships than a crappy WCC game!:lol:

You care more about trials v Birdsville than international football.

broncos - most forfeits in history!!!!!

lockyno1

Post Whore
Misty Bee said:
You care more about trials v Birdsville than international football.

broncos - most forfeits in history!!!!!

No, I care about giving players a good rest. They need it. It has been a long season. I could not care how many forfeits we have done. Do not care one bit mate.

Latest posts