What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

sean long to the bunnies?

Once Dead

Bench
Just get Monaghan and save a few bucks! This is why Souths are always stuffed, dumb decisions money wise

Special K

Coach
ucantseeme said:
I dont get it, earlier this year Joe Williams was touted as the next big thing ala Benji or Karmichael and now he has disappeared of the radar, has he been injured?

Souths must have money to burn if they can afford to buy a GB International....why not go buy some All Black players while they're at it or maybe Jonny Wilkinson....Jeez i wish i was a club CEO i would sign Batista
lol Batista is like 39

If Souths were smart they would buy out Mona's contract and give Manly compo rather than buy Long..

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Bumble said:
Wait...you think he's leaving ENGLAND for the money?

You're not bright...even for a Sharks supporter.
I didn't say that.

I said the only thing he will have is a big pay cheque. His skills are highly over rated, and is possibly the sh*ttiest kicking halfback in the world.

I'm not stating that he'll be on more or less money at all, I just said all he will have is a pay cheque.

Stop reading into things and making assumptions. You're not real smart for a whatever the f**k you are.

aussies1st

Staff member
ucantseeme said:
I dont get it, earlier this year Joe Williams was touted as the next big thing ala Benji or Karmichael and now he has disappeared of the radar, has he been injured?

Souths must have money to burn if they can afford to buy a GB International....why not go buy some All Black players while they're at it or maybe Jonny Wilkinson....Jeez i wish i was a club CEO i would sign Batista
Williams is playing in PL from memory, the coach has no faith in him.
Batista probably would be able to pick up most of the players in the nrl and throw them over the sideline

PantherKing

Juniors
chriswalkerbush said:
Sean Long could be a great signing. He tends to go missing at rep level, but then so does Craig Gower. When he's switched on, he's a damn fine player. When he's off, however, he's worse than Willie Peters.

The whole GB team goes missing at rep level

Davester

Juniors
Saints deny Long moving to Sydney

_41381221_long203.jpg

Long has been at St Helens for eight seasons

St Helens have moved quickly to reject reports that Great Britain scrum-half Sean Long is heading to South Sydney.

The Sydney Morning Herald quotes long as saying the move is "something I'd like to do".

But Saints chairman Eamon McManus said: "The furthest that Sean Long will be going next season is the away trip to Les Catalans in Perpignan.

"I don't know who South Sydney are speaking to but it isn't the same Sean Long that I'm speaking to."

The Sydney Morning Herald reported the 28-year-old as saying: "It's something I'd like to do, play in the NRL.

"I've never had a chance and now there's an opportunity so, yeah, I'm up for it. I've got two years left on my contract so it's up to Saints."

South Sydney chief executive Shane Richardson said he hoped Long's fine service at Knowsley Road - he has been with Saints for eight years - would act in his favour. "We're hopeful that his service to the club will help them to allow him to give him a shot to prove himself in Australia," said Richardson. "And we hope we're the club to give him that shot." Long still has two years left on his contract with St Helens.

Source (BBC Sport):http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_league/super_league/st_helens/4749795.stm

griff

Bench
Davester said:
But Saints chairman Eamon McManus said: "The furthest that Sean Long will be going next season is the away trip to Les Catalans in Perpignan.

I thought the Lions were meant to be touring Australia next season?

Obviously Long won't be a part of it even if they are.

aussies1st

Staff member
Souths really are desperate to get him. What is even more surpising is the Saints wanting to keep him

Bumble

First Grade
madunit said:
I'm not stating that he'll be on more or less money at all, I just said all he will have is a pay cheque.

Stop reading into things and making assumptions. You're not real smart for a whatever the f**k you are.

Yes, he's going to get a paycheck for play football...I'm sure that's exactly what you meant with your comment. :roll:

Latest posts