What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Season ‘22

Tiger05

First Grade
That back row is just pure vomit

Who are you going to put there. I reckon that is the best we have and we have next to no back-ups.

As for the pack I think Musgrove and Seyfarth need to be in the team. Tamou will take one of their spots but it's not the right option.

This should make everyone happy😂😂😂

Wests Tigers reach record Membership milestone​

It’s not a bad figure given the 2022 prospectus.

18000 lambs to the slaughter.

Lee’s bought 17000 pet memberships.

stryker

First Grade
It's meaningless dribble isn't it. I don't blame them. They probably mean it as well. The thing is you have to do it on the park.
If it didn’t happen every year you may forgive them but fair dinkum they are like clockwork.
We are due a Brooksy editorial soon describing how despite Hastings arrival, this is still his team.

Tiger05

First Grade
If it didn’t happen every year you may forgive them but fair dinkum they are like clockwork.
We are due a Brooksy editorial soon describing how despite Hastings arrival, this is still his team.

Good guess but it's already happened. Nofo said Brooksy was ordering Hastings about because it's Brooksy's team.

Tiger05

First Grade
I think North Queensland’s pack is far more suspect than ours.

We are stacked with middle forwards but we are extremely weak in relation to edge forwards. We also have a lot of options in the centres but no proven NRL options. Tamou gets a spot in the team which weakens our middle forwards as well.

Our forwards are better than our backs but that just shows the weakness in our team.

We are stacked with middle forwards but we are extremely weak in relation to edge forwards. We also have a lot of options in the centres but no proven NRL options. Tamou gets a spot in the team which weakens our middle forwards as well.

Our forwards are better than our backs but that just shows the weakness in our team.

I totally agree with your broader points.

I’m hoping Hastings will be able to add some value out yonder with his attack, but we will need to hold the fort until Adam gets back.

Brooks/Douhie/ Hastings or reverse the last two has a certain credibility in attack, provided the forwards can manage their load.

I also think it’s time to hammer Brooks not because he’s hopeless, but because he is way too expensive for what he offers.

You look at Moses at the eels and how his game has improved especially over the last few years- and you shake your head.

A very competent player, making a difference. He’s not uber elite, but he’s found a consistent good game. I like watching him. Brooksy, well you know it’s going to be factory or bad. The odd pearler, but it’s like winning lotto.

Last edited:

macnaz

Staff member
@The Silverdale Phantom
"You look at Moses at the eels and how his game has improved especially over the last few years- and you shake your head."

What exactly has improved , he shy's away in defence , hardly ever takes the line on and despite playing in multiple big games including a state of origin he has been a dismal failure in all of them.
He is a good goal kicker plus good kicker in general play. He is surrounded by a forward pack that never stops moving in defence and attack and has always had monsters on the wings to capitalise on.

Tiger05

First Grade
You make some really good points @The Silverdale Phantom. I don't like Moses. I think he is inconsistent throughout the year and during the game. He also doesn't step up or hasn't so far. I don't think he is much better than Brooks and I reckon he costs more.

I view Brooks/Doueihi/Hastings as a positive. I think if they are all fit and firing our attack will improve. Doueihi isn't back for a while and it's a loss. Can Brooks and Hastings do the job until they Doueihi comes back. He'll also have to find form.

Brooks has to be under pressure. I like your point about value for money.

Tiger05

First Grade
He is surrounded by a forward pack that never stops moving in defence and attack and has always had monsters on the wings to capitalise on.

I agree. Brooks has had some shockers for us and he isn't consistent. Moses has had a much better team and opportunities and he hasn't delivered. I view them basically on a par. Moses may be a little better.

I much prefer Doueihi over both of them but he also needs a lot of work on his game.

The quality of halves in the comp isn't high. It'll be interesting how Hastings performs.

macnaz

Staff member
Doueihi has a hell of a long way to go, some of the shit he does seems to be invisible to some people because he dishes up plenty of crap and wasted chances as often as anyone.
I wouldnt even give him a thought for 2022 because he was slow before the reco so im very concerned losing anymore pace on his return will make him obsolete.

Let’s all stop and take a deep breath:

Doogie has delivered.

In a significantly shortened season thanks to injury:

17 try assists
9 tries
9 linebreaks
A massive 50 tackle busts
69 goals (80 percent)
83 percent tackle efficiency

Looking at the games we won last year, at least 3 or 4 can be directly attributed to his participation. That’s based on points he scored during those matches.

After his injury, we started losing games hand over fist including the satanic debacle of Round 25, that let’s be honest, none of us here has fully recovered from. The game Madge made empty excuses for.

Then he wins the much coveted and highly regarded “ players player” award. The award of truth and free from the slimy hands of the Executive and the contamination of our beloved Board of the Damned.

My respectful submission is that Doogie, based on fact, not bias, is one of our very best players, if not, the best.

I appreciate that’s not especially inspiring to some, but let’s look at the rest of the side before we throw the dirt on his name.

He’s a wonderful player, still a kid too. It’s simply frightening that he won’t hit peak physical impact for 4 or 5 years. He’s still growing.

He’s wants his 6 back and I think will have it back when Brooks flops again. My Brooksy flop predictor is about 70% atm.

Adam Doueihi is heaven-sent for a club like us.

Give me a team of Doogies, especially his passion and drive…and I’ll give you a premiership.

Last edited:

stryker

First Grade
Doueihi has a hell of a long way to go, some of the shit he does seems to be invisible to some people because he dishes up plenty of crap and wasted chances as often as anyone.
I wouldnt even give him a thought for 2022 because he was slow before the reco so im very concerned losing anymore pace on his return will make him obsolete.
100% truth. Congrats on raising it.
For some reason, this guy gets talked up as marque for us.
He is above average but that’s it. A solid 6/10 player. He tries hard and is passionate but he is slow in everything he does, including decision making.
The amount of fans pinning this teams hopes to him is worrisome. If we are waiting for him to come back and save us, we are in deep shit.

@macnaz is right but I still think he is our best player. He gets judged differently to Brooks because Brooks has been our 7 for years.

He has a lot to work on but I'd rather him have the ball than Brooks when we need a big play.

I defer to the forum boss on many things, but I found this a rather unsettling instruction.

The subsequent commendation of the remark by @stryker also raises significant doubt as to its ostensible veracity.

Like Hayden supporting Langer. Actually, too strong a comparison. I retract it.

Last edited:

Latest posts