What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Season ‘22

stryker

First Grade
@macnaz is right but I still think he is our best player. He gets judged differently to Brooks because Brooks has been our 7 for years.

He has a lot to work on but I'd rather him have the ball than Brooks when we need a big play.
That’ll change now he has done his knee again.
Im no Brooks fan but he and Hastings are our only hope of leading this team to finals this year.
By the time Doueihi comes back then gets up to speed, there will only be 4 or 5 games left.

That’ll change now he has done his knee again.
Im no Brooks fan but he and Hastings are our only hope of leading this team to finals this year.
By the time Doueihi comes back then gets up to speed, there will only be 4 or 5 games left.

“Brooks is our only hope” ffs you’ve had a few too many tonight.

That’s an entry into the old @stryker log book of gaffes.

It’s almost worth reporting to LU citing “suspected paranoia”

On what f**king planet does Brooks offer hope?

@macnaz agrees with you once tonight, and you’re like a rat with a gold tooth lol

Stop chatting up the barmaid, she’s not interested ( like last night) turn in early and we will see you bright and early tomorrow.

Hopefully you can edit the post after brekky before anyone f**king notices it lol

Last edited:
Doueihi is out for a big chunk of the season and then he has to come back and find form. It's not going to be easy for him.

You are right.

But the words “Rely” and “Brooks” should never be used in the same sentence.

I just hope @stryker is ok before he gets to work tomorrow and his staff have to follow his orders.

macnaz

Staff member
You are right.

But the words “Rely” and “Brooks” should never be used in the same sentence.

I just hope @stryker is ok before he gets to work tomorrow and his staff have to follow his orders.
Stryker did say Brooks and HASTINGS.
Those 2 are the most experienced halves we have , and its not being stupid to suggest they would be our best if not our only hope of being competitive this year.
As mentioned by others and myself , the year will almost be over before Doueihi returns and even then he will take time to gain form .

macnaz

Staff member
@macnaz is right but I still think he is our best player. He gets judged differently to Brooks because Brooks has been our 7 for years.

He has a lot to work on but I'd rather him have the ball than Brooks when we need a big play.
Yes he probably is our best player , the point im making is his positives in my view dont exactly out shine Brooks by a hell of a lot.
He has potential with the right 7 but certainly couldnt be relied apon to do it on his own.
Ill pose these questions , Doueihi v Blake Austin ...who is better? , are they similar?
And lastly why didnt Blake Austin kick on ?

stryker

First Grade
“Brooks is our only hope” ffs you’ve had a few too many tonight.

That’s an entry into the old @stryker log book of gaffes.

It’s almost worth reporting to LU citing “suspected paranoia”

On what f**king planet does Brooks offer hope?

@macnaz agrees with you once tonight, and you’re like a rat with a gold tooth lol

Stop chatting up the barmaid, she’s not interested ( like last night) turn in early and we will see you bright and early tomorrow.

Hopefully you can edit the post after brekky before anyone f**king notices it lol
Lol not as serious as all that.
He has a long road ahead. Throwing the stress of leading the side once he returns on top is unfair. I think he will struggle due to the injury and long layoff.
Brooks especially but Hastings as well are in charge. If we fail again this year it’ll be on them just as it will be largely due to them if we make the 8.

Tiger05

First Grade
Yes he probably is our best player , the point im making is his positives in my view dont exactly out shine Brooks by a hell of a lot.

We are hoping/praying that players perform better than they have in the past. It's just that Brooks has been here for 7 seasons and every year we all hope he becomes Andrew Johns. Doueihi hasn't been here that long and he has shown more in my opinion than Brooks.

You are right though in that there isn't much difference between them at this point. I think Doueihi is more of a competitor but I think good play making comes down to a lot more than just toughness.

I get sick of hearing how it's Brooks team as well. FFS every player has to go out there and do their job and hopefully play to their strengths. I'd like to see Brooks play close to his best consistently.

I think brother @Tiger05 and I can rely upon the “value for money” argument per Brooks without too much shame.

He hasn’t kicked on, it’s not all his fault, but he’s been more than disappointing. He’s got talent, but as Mbye said this year, it hasn’t materialised.

I don’t like the expression “ Brooks team” either as everyone should be buying in and I’m talking the entire squad.

I like the fact that Hastings is turning up to play and has not been subject to the internal cultural problems that have beset us in recent years under Madge.

Nothing personal about Brooks, they say he’s a quality human being. I sense that’s true. Nobody wants him to succeed more than me.

I understand no concentration camp trip away this year. If so, that’s evidence of a relaxation of the iron fisted policy of Commandant Madge and the “training terror” the players have been complaining about for 2 years.

Evidence of a major change in Madge’s thinking and a significant victory for the Players Liberation Army!

Just tactically, I’d be saying to the players, “we’ve reached out to you, implemented your beliefs about a toned down training regime, so boys, this is f**king all on you now.”

Then they turn and look at each other with a startled expression.

Someone else here recently said words to the effect of “ the players should be careful what they wish for.” I tend to agree, the posters name escapes me atm. Sage advice from Wests Tigers LU. Where else?!

Last edited:
Stryker did say Brooks and HASTINGS.
Those 2 are the most experienced halves we have , and its not being stupid to suggest they would be our best if not our only hope of being competitive this year.
As mentioned by others and myself , the year will almost be over before Doueihi returns and even then he will take time to gain form .

I understand, but I couldn’t miss the opportunity for a slice of old mate.

Think scholari tackle.

As sure as night follows day, @stryker is going to break my forum fingers in the second half. That’s a given and I’m just wondering how many weeks I will be out for!

That said, my remark was not without a smidgeon of merit, but as you suggest, we simply have no choice in the matter.

My instinct tells me once he gets the green light, Adam will be back to his stellar form in no time at all.

Last edited:

stryker

First Grade
Frustrating I know. Injuries have really impacted his development and sadly his career may be over before it got off the ground.
I do feel sorry for him as I suspect you are correct.
We do have a history however of holding onto injury prone players too long.

Kilkenny

Coach
I do feel sorry for him as I suspect you are correct.
We do have a history however of holding onto injury prone players too long.
There is no room for sentiment in the modern NRL.

it’s a business and ruthless decisions have to be made at times.

Tigerm

First Grade
It’s BACK,

First trial this Friday on (Kayo) 7.45 against Manly.

Is it just me, or has this post season gone very quickly?

Last edited:

macnaz

Staff member
Curious to know if members have to pay for this game , if so how much?
Previously members paid half price or there abouts.

macnaz

Staff member
For those of you without Fox or Kayo .
The kayo app is worth getting as a free 14 day deal , you have to provide payment details but can cancel within the month and there are zero charges.
They are legit and make it pretty easy to cancel without any charges.. definitely worth it to watch a couple weeks worth of trials 👍

Last edited:

Latest posts