What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Season ‘22

stryker

First Grade
WIll Kei and Tommy Talau are the only two I think we have left unsigned.

And I think we still have two spots left to fill.
From memory we can leave one spot until after the season starts, but even if we keep Kei and Talau we need one more.
Kei has retired hasn’t he?

Vic Mackey

Referee
Api is all class

Papalli was Parras best by a mile

Parra we’re never in it, it’s a shame they made it as they’re probably the 4th/5th best side so was always going to be a lop sided GF. That’s their window shut now, not that it was ever really open anyway. They’ll do well to get top 4 again next year.

The Rosco

Bench
Well here's the Rosco's @Someone2 commiseration . . . . . What a woeful, gutless, choking, embarrassing, pea-hearted effort.
Like, I've been telling you for months that all them shiny new supporters jerseys making Peter Wynn rich don't mean squat. That you will stumble, bumble and fold when the intensity of finals footy is thrust upon your lot ( yes, I still remember what finals is all about ).
But what an embarrassment of an effort.
We know our team is very, very ordinary . . . but that gutless performance last night could have taken place in WT jerseys and nobody would have blinked. Imagine if Penrith did play WT . . . " Penrith played great . . . but they are playing the wooden spooners in the Grand Final. Of course it's one way traffic. What else did you expect ? Obviously it's going to be over within 10 minutes." But of course it was the mighty Pawwa that was getting pumped. The battle of the West. After 36 years, it's pawwa's time.
There really isn't anything positive to say. Parra have PROVED themselves to be a bunch of chokers, unable to compete with the big boys when it matters, but happily pounding the logo on their shirts when they beat last place ( but not when last place beats them). This is known as downhill skiing. And you have the supreme Grandmaster of downhill skiing in your #7. Credit to Michelle though, I don't think he called his team-mates "useless merkins" once last night, despite the woeful game they played. Oh, and Gutho is some player. Youse should call him King. He's THAT good.
We really shouldn't be surprised . . . what do you expect from a club that has regular wooden spoons, and that struggles to make a ripple when the whips are cracking. I heard someone say " Blue and gold never fold" That is factually incorrect coz you'se folded like a wet tissue last night. It is false advertising and should be stopped.
Please don't think that your team did well this year. Although youse did make it to the GF . . . all the hype, all the media, all the open windows counted for absolutely nothing. I couldn't turn on the TV without having to see Parra this, or Parra that all year.
I told you that you'd choke, but to be fair, I'm disappointed with the gutless and pathetic effort from Parramatta. I had a barby and invited friends over and everything. The problem is that that they might find it hard to differentiate why they are feeling like shit, and that they go home disappointed. My hospitality was first class, but was shat upon by the horrid efforts from your team, and by everyone feeling deflated when they watched the game. Very disappointing effort rhyno.
To be fair, you owe my guests an apology.
I dished up Lamb back strap done to perfection matched with a selection of grilled veg and exquisite salads.
Parra dished up the most embarrassing, inept and useless GF display in recent history.
Small wonder they haven't won one in a lifetime. My guests were talking over the TV during the game . . . I guess from boredom. The men, not the women and kids.
And there we have it. In the end, Parramatta doesn't matter. What a hopeless excuse of a team. Your window has slammed shut. IP, ice, Tiger Ice ( we'll decide what nickname to give him ) will finally have a serious chance of success at his new club on the rise. Lord knows he wasn't gonna get it playing in blue and gold.
Enjoy your off season merkin. I hope you like sliding down ladders, closed windows, wondering what could have been, counting beyond 3 dozen, and best of all, feeling like you do this morning. May you re-live it a hundred times or more.😃

Last edited:

Someone2

Juniors
Well here's the Rosco's @Someone2 commiseration . . . . . What a woeful, gutless, choking, embarrassing, pea-hearted effort.
Like, I've been telling you for months that all them shiny new supporters jerseys making Peter Wynn rich don't mean squat. That you will stumble, bumble and fold when the intensity of finals footy is thrust upon your lot ( yes, I still remember what finals is all about ).
But what an embarrassment of an effort.
We know our team is very, very ordinary . . . but that gutless performance last night could have taken place in WT jerseys and nobody would have blinked. Imagine if Penrith did play WT . . . " Penrith played great . . . but they are playing the wooden spooners in the Grand Final. Of course it's one way traffic. What else did you expect ? Obviously it's going to be over within 10 minutes." But of course it was the mighty Pawwa that was getting pumped. The battle of the West. After 36 years, it's pawwa's time.
There really isn't anything positive to say. Parra have PROVED themselves to be a bunch of chokers, unable to compete with the big boys when it matters, but happily pounding the logo on their shirts when they beat last place ( but not when last place beats them). This is known as downhill skiing. And you have the supreme Grandmaster of downhill skiing in your #7. Credit to Michelle though, I don't think he called his team-mates "useless merkins" once last night, despite the woeful game they played. Oh, and Gutho is some player. Youse should call him King. He's THAT good.
We really shouldn't be surprised . . . what do you expect from a club that has regular wooden spoons, and that struggles to make a ripple when the whips are cracking. I heard someone say " Blue and gold never fold" That is factually incorrect coz you'se folded like a wet tissue last night. It is false advertising and should be stopped.
Please don't think that your team did well this year. Although youse did make it to the GF . . . all the hype, all the media, all the open windows counted for absolutely nothing. I couldn't turn on the TV without having to see Parra this, or Parra that all year.
I told you that you'd choke, but to be fair, I'm disappointed with the gutless and pathetic effort from Parramatta. I had a barby and invited friends over and everything. The problem is that that they might find it hard to differentiate why they are feeling like shit, and that they go home disappointed. My hospitality was first class, but was shat upon by the horrid efforts from your team, and by everyone feeling deflated when they watched the game. Very disappointing effort rhyno.
To be fair, you owe my guests an apology.
I dished up Lamb back strap done to perfection matched with a selection of grilled veg and exquisite salads.
Parra dished up the most embarrassing, inept and useless GF display in recent history.
Small wonder they haven't won one in a lifetime. My guests were talking over the TV during the game . . . I guess from boredom. The men, not the women and kids.
And there we have it. In the end, Parramatta doesn't matter. What a hopeless excuse of a team. Your window has slammed shut. IP, ice, Tiger Ice ( we'll decide what nickname to give him ) will finally have a serious chance of success at his new club on the rise. Lord knows he wasn't gonna get it playing in blue and gold.
Enjoy your off season merkin. I hope you like sliding down ladders, closed windows, wondering what could have been, counting beyond 3 dozen, and best of all, feeling like you do this morning. May you re-live it a hundred times or more.😃
Lucky by the time I got to the stadium I was already drunk didn’t even remember Arthur scoring till the next morning when I seen it on the news and I won’t ever watch a replay so thank you alcohol

BrotherJim05

Bench
I hate Parra for a number of reasons. I put a fat bet on Penrith to win and wasn't surprised it paid out. They annoy the f**k out of me and I hope they get the spoon in the next few years.

However...

I absolutely respect and admire the effort they made from going from regular wooden spooners to appearing in a grand final. The roster overhaul, the effort to on field performances and their ability to surprise their fans and put teams to the sword is very impressive. Brad Arthur has done a tremendous job and should be applauded.

It's something our club could only dream of. Giving them shit for losing the GF just makes us sound bitter.

However...

Hahaha suck a penis Parra you flogs.

Tigerm

First Grade
It's something our club could only dream of. Giving them shit for losing the GF just makes us sound bitter.
I know we all feel like it will never happen, but we’ll come good, eventually?
Will make these dark days and years a fading memory.

Getting away from other clubs, what an insipid year from our pack of pathetic merkins.

By merkins, I am talking from the board through to the ball boys. An absolute shambles of a club from top to bottom. The board and management team need a serious overhaul with the way that the coaching debacle was handled this year. By not having the balls to call time on Madge last off-season, or agreeing with him to see this year out while a replacement could have been sourced on the quiet. In sacking Madge mid-year, management gave the playing group an excuse to rack the cue and play like absolute shit for the rest of the year. Surely the club could have come to an agreement with Madge, let him manage the exit somewhat and we may have managed more than one win post-Madge. The year was already gone and he had not delivered, but the spoon was secured the day he walked out of Concord.

While I don't believe Kimmorley to be a coach in any respect, the club hung him out to dry by not giving him any support, loaning out players from underneath him and relying on him to debut kids in a team full of disinterested fringe first graders that had signed elsewhere or were pushed out of the club. As soon as it was determined that Sheens, Benji and Farah were going to assume the coaching roles from 2023, they should moved in right away and allowed Kimmorley to return to his development role. Instead they hid behind bullshit excuses that they were "working on preparing for 2023." It's part of the coaching teams role to prepare for the next year while the current year is in action. It stunk of Sheens and co knowing that this year's spoon was a foregone conclusion and not wanting to be associated with that failure taking precedence over taking over now. If the trend continues with the lack of additional quality signings to complement Koroisau and Papali'i, what exactly has delaying taking over the reins in the interest of "focusing on 2023" come to benefit the club?

Loaning and releasing of players on the surface seems like a good idea. The year is gone, some cap space can be freed up and we can showcase/release some players to other clubs that may not be in our future plans or have chosen to move on. That all being said, cap space is useless when you can't attract anyone, and when you are decimated by injury and already vying to avoid the spoon, you really want everyone feasibly available to avoid the disgrace of winning the spoon. The one thing Wests Tigers fans have always had is that despite being a 20 odd year showcase in perpetual underperformance and disappointment, we'd never won the spoon. We don't even have that anymore.

Lastly, the playing group. What a pathetic, unfit, disinterested pack of misfits that graced the colours this season. The only positive is that several of them have been moved on. A big recruitment task lies ahead with replacing the three second rowers that regularly featured for us, securing a couple more props, at least one decent centre, another good outside back and also on the lookout for another fullback.

I'm not optimistic about 2023. Api and Papali'i are good acquisitions and come from systems that have experienced a bit of recent success, but we need a lot more to be a look in for the top 8.

Tigerm

First Grade
Getting away from other clubs, what an insipid year from our pack of pathetic merkins.

By merkins, I am talking from the board through to the ball boys. An absolute shambles of a club from top to bottom. The board and management team need a serious overhaul with the way that the coaching debacle was handled this year. By not having the balls to call time on Madge last off-season, or agreeing with him to see this year out while a replacement could have been sourced on the quiet. In sacking Madge mid-year, management gave the playing group an excuse to rack the cue and play like absolute shit for the rest of the year. Surely the club could have come to an agreement with Madge, let him manage the exit somewhat and we may have managed more than one win post-Madge. The year was already gone and he had not delivered, but the spoon was secured the day he walked out of Concord.

While I don't believe Kimmorley to be a coach in any respect, the club hung him out to dry by not giving him any support, loaning out players from underneath him and relying on him to debut kids in a team full of disinterested fringe first graders that had signed elsewhere or were pushed out of the club. As soon as it was determined that Sheens, Benji and Farah were going to assume the coaching roles from 2023, they should moved in right away and allowed Kimmorley to return to his development role. Instead they hid behind bullshit excuses that they were "working on preparing for 2023." It's part of the coaching teams role to prepare for the next year while the current year is in action. It stunk of Sheens and co knowing that this year's spoon was a foregone conclusion and not wanting to be associated with that failure taking precedence over taking over now. If the trend continues with the lack of additional quality signings to complement Koroisau and Papali'i, what exactly has delaying taking over the reins in the interest of "focusing on 2023" come to benefit the club?

Loaning and releasing of players on the surface seems like a good idea. The year is gone, some cap space can be freed up and we can showcase/release some players to other clubs that may not be in our future plans or have chosen to move on. That all being said, cap space is useless when you can't attract anyone, and when you are decimated by injury and already vying to avoid the spoon, you really want everyone feasibly available to avoid the disgrace of winning the spoon. The one thing Wests Tigers fans have always had is that despite being a 20 odd year showcase in perpetual underperformance and disappointment, we'd never won the spoon. We don't even have that anymore.

Lastly, the playing group. What a pathetic, unfit, disinterested pack of misfits that graced the colours this season. The only positive is that several of them have been moved on. A big recruitment task lies ahead with replacing the three second rowers that regularly featured for us, securing a couple more props, at least one decent centre, another good outside back and also on the lookout for another fullback.

I'm not optimistic about 2023. Api and Papali'i are good acquisitions and come from systems that have experienced a bit of recent success, but we need a lot more to be a look in for the top 8.
X 1m, great post.

The Rosco

Bench
Lucky by the time I got to the stadium I was already drunk didn’t even remember Arthur scoring till the next morning when I seen it on the news and I won’t ever watch a replay so thank you alcohol
f**k, you must have drunk a hell of a lot to forget that.
The hell of a lot that George Thorogood sings about. One bourbon, one scotch and one beer. But bottles, not glasses.
It was a good first half. Surely you want to watch it ?
What about the whole "Top Gun" karma theory ? It's Parra's time ? Break the hoodoo ? Monkey off your back ?
Gutho was sublime. Mitchy's tactical kicking was exquisite.
Enjoy the off season. Now piss off from our forum while we welcome our latest recruit "WT ICEMAN"

stryker

First Grade
I know we all feel like it will never happen, but we’ll come good, eventually?
Will make these dark days and years a fading memory.
Doubt it. This club was born in failure. It has continued that legacy for 19 of the past 22 years including the past 11 in a row.
23 looks pretty desperate to me.

stryker

First Grade
Arthur was the only guy in your mob that had a go. Totally under-utilised.

Tigerm

First Grade
The below data is from the NRL WT app, I can’t copy and past?
Most tackles - Offa- 882 (interesting Tamou came 3rd) best in nrl - Reed Mahoney with 1207
Most points - Doueihi with 50 (he didn’t play most of the year) best was V Holmes - 244
Most tries - Ken with 12 Best was Alex Johnston - 40
Most goals - Doueihi with 22 Best was V Holmes - 100

We certainly sucked, didn’t we😢

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade
Well, our shitest year ever, is about to finish, than f**k.

Have a merry f**king Xmas everyone🎅🏻, next year (our motto)😂

Latest posts