What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Season 2004!

Routy21

Juniors
Here it goes again:

MINOR PREMIERSHIP ONLY.

1. Panthers - 6th Tall poppies. People will have learnt how to handle some of these young tyros.... but they are still going to be an attacking force

2. Roosters - 1st been there done that. Vintage Fittler....I warn though, another shoulder injury a bit earlier in the season and they get 6th ot 7th

3. Bulldogs - 5th Will be a little down on last year with the loss of two good centres. Otherwise basically untouched. To be honest Travis Norton didnt excite me and may be found out at Nth QLD Crushers. Dont rate his kicking. I hope Thurston ate a few Quarter pounders in the off season.

4. Raiders - 8th How can anyone get excited about a team wearing green.... I know channel 9 dont, and I dont either, they will make semis though because Bruce stadium is damn cold!

5. Storm - 3th Surprised the comp with some sensational youngsters last year. Welcome back Ross, Howe, Hill plus a great buy in Steve Turner. Is 1999 about to repeat itself?

6. Warriors - 2rd Motu Tony is a loss. Very exciting pack of attacking bastards who also seem to beat the Dogs at will, yet they have the ability to lose some ordinary games.

7. Knights - 7th with Joey - without they will battle for top 8, Kurt Gidley remains shit but he's starting to stink just a little less. Parsons looks as spritely as my grandad these days.

8. Broncos - 9th Motu Tony to help Lokyer out? - still solid and will handle S.O.O better with Bennett giving it up. Can Tallis last the season?

9. Eels - 13th recruited who exactly??? Somebody tell Fitzgerald he doesnt have a Super 12 team just yet, it appears as though thats what he's saving money for! New jersey doesnt make you play better

10. Dragons - 4th injuries will be kinder, otherwise who knows! When fit they have the emerging Australian front row as soon as Webkce gives it up) and Barrett...no apparent vision but a top runner of the ball

and for the rest...please excuse me if I get these losers in the wrong order.....

11. Cowboys - 12th just cant get excited over the team from dairy farmers. he may have played origin but Hannay who? Glenn Morrison is a hoax from the Central Coast

12. Sharks - 11th got rid of a good coach. sold some/bought some... just as crap

13. Tigers - 10th down to wire for the semi spot. some say they inherited the heart of Penrith getting Rooster slayer Sattler... but they didnt get the average age. Something tells me though, I wont be surprised if they make semi final footy

14. Manly - 14th what can I say, sold some good (good for Manly) forward and got Andrew Walker. I suggest they sign Crazy John...he might be a better halfback than...who?

15. Souths - 15th remaining shithouse If I'm honest, throw a blanket over 6th through 10th and you decide who will make the 8.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Eels 13th.......I would have to agree. Lucky to get that high I would imagine. Great assessment. Very small pack next year. Too soft I would imagine.

wittyfan

Referee
Routy21 said:
5. Storm - 3th Surprised the comp with some sensational youngsters last year. Welcome back Ross, Howe, Hill plus a great buy in Steve Turner. Is 1999 about to repeat itself?

:shock: Melbourne over-achieved last year and I can't seem them finishing any higher than 6th.

Raider_69

Post Whore
4. Raiders - 8th How can anyone get excited about a team wearing green.... I know channel 9 dont, and I dont either, they will make semis though because Bruce stadium is damn cold!

Fist of all if the over acheiving storm finish ahead of us ill eat my hat
Canberra were inexperienced last year and have practically the same team this year, add to that our tremendous talent coming through, what leads you to beleive we will go backwards.... Honestly i can see no reasons as to why you say this other than they bore you.....

PARRA_FAN

Coach
I agree on most of the teams, except the Storm I dont think theyll come third, and if Ross and Howe come back itll be worse.

The Cowboys will find form, look at who theyve bought, they be up there, I wont be suprised if they make the top 8.

Souths, last, say no more.

Looking forward to this season, I reckon the competition is just getting tougher now.

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
i dont like vagana like he is an alright player and all but he isnt as good as everyone makes him out to be

he scores tries like 10 metres out from the line heaps easy ones that anyone could do and everyone thinks he is a try scoring machine

he is just in the right place at the right time

I thought he went OK against Australia as a 5/8. He is a very talented player. Him and Franze (provided he comes back good and strong) will be a pretty useful centre pairing down at Cronulla.

Kurt Gidley will surprise a few this year
Johns is hungry and watch Russell Richardson recapture some form
Knights -2nd/3rd
Goosters will slip
Dogs will slip
Melbourne!!!!-PFFFTTT!
Canberra and St. george will improve-Brett Firman will be the next to step up

shadowboxer

First Grade
russell richardson - i hope you are right, he serve well for cronulla and he can only go up, he cant sink any lower than recent form has shown

Mark Rudd

Juniors
Storm will indeed finsh top 3.

Watch and enjoy my friends. Because they'll put on show for you all.

disclaimer: in case they dont make the 8, this post doesnt exist.

MEE

Juniors
Routy21 said:
14. Manly - 14th what can I say, sold some good (good for Manly) forward and got Andrew Walker. I suggest they sign Crazy John...he might be a better halfback than...who?
Sold? we tried to keep Aaron Cannings but Parramatta were willing to pay him over $200, 000 a season which we just cant compete with.

Latest posts