What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Season 2022

Tiger05

First Grade
True, but as @stryker said, he will be first half picked to start the season, if fit?

I think Hastings and Douiehi both want halves spots.

Playing fantasy footy I wouldn't be surprised to see a backline like this at some point next year:-

1. Daine Laurie
2. Ken Maumalo
3. Oliver Gildart
4. Tommy Talau
5. David Nofoaluma

6. Adam Doueihi (c)
7. Jackson Hastings

In my opinion Brooks makes the team at the start of the season but if we see a couple of losses in a row maybe we get a Doueihi/Hastings halves combination.

Tiger05

First Grade
Does our pack look okay now as well. I'd have something like this:-

8. Stefano Utoikamanu
9. Jacob Liddle
10. Alex Twal
11. Luciano Leilua
12. Sean Blore
13. Joe Ofahengaue

14. Zane Musgrove
15. Alex Seyfarth
16. Tyrone Peachey
17. Jake Simpkin

Liddle and Simpkin just can't play 80 minutes and they come up with too many poor plays when they are fatigued. I'd have Peachy subbing into the lock role. Musgrove and Seyfarth replace the props. That leaves both second rowers playing 80 minutes which Luc especially struggles with. I suppose Peachey could easily rest an edge backrower as well.

There are some good player left out. Tamou, Mikaele,Tuki Simpkin, Garner & Tuilagi.

I suppose you can tweak the pack however you want but is that pack a top 8 pack ?

Tiger Ted

Bench

8. Stefano Utoikamanu
9. Jacob Liddle
10. Alex Twal
11. Luciano Leilua
12. Sean Blore
13. Joe Ofahengaue

14. Zane Musgrove
15. Alex Seyfarth
16. Tyrone Peachey
17. Jake Simpkin

Liddle and Simpkin just can't play 80 minutes and they come up with too many poor plays when they are fatigued. I'd have Peachy subbing into the lock role. Musgrove and Seyfarth replace the props. That leaves both second rowers playing 80 minutes which Luc especially struggles with. I suppose Peachey could easily rest an edge backrower as well.

There are some good player left out. Tamou, Mikaele,Tuki Simpkin, Garner & Tuilagi.

I suppose you can tweak the pack however you want but is that pack a top 8 pack ?
How long b4 musgrove suffers his customary season ending injury

I wouldn’t mind Peachey off the bench until he gets his fitness humming.

But my side also omits Brooks. If he’s a necessity, I would slide him along to 5/8 and make him captain.

I can hear the laughter, but Benji Marshall thought the same last year.

On my guesstimate calculations, based on rumour, we still have $400k for one player.

Tiger Ted

Bench
I think Hastings and Douiehi both want halves spots.

Playing fantasy footy I wouldn't be surprised to see a backline like this at some point next year:-

1. Daine Laurie
2. Ken Maumalo
3. Oliver Gildart
4. Tommy Talau
5. David Nofoaluma

6. Adam Doueihi (c)
7. Jackson Hastings

In my opinion Brooks makes the team at the start of the season but if we see a couple of losses in a row maybe we get a Doueihi/Hastings halves combination.
If we can’t find a way to field a much stronger 3/4 line than that our season will b fkd b4 it begins.Talau is a bum Gildart is unlikely to cut it in the NRL & Nofa has regressed to the std of a nsw cup player & should never have been the beneficiary of such a generous new contract last year.

Tiger Ted

Bench
I wouldn’t mind Peachey off the bench until he gets his fitness humming.

But my side also omits Brooks. If he’s a necessity, I would slide him along to 5/8 and make him captain.

I can hear the laughter, but Benji Marshall thought the same last year.

On my guesstimate calculations, based on rumour, we still have $400k for one player.
Brooks isn’t a captains a/hole & more importantly he shouldn’t b anywhere near the top 17.

Tiger05

First Grade
If we can’t find a way to field a much stronger 3/4 line than that our season will b fkd b4 it begins.Talau is a bum Gildart is unlikely to cut it in the NRL & Nofa has regressed to the std of a nsw cup player & should never have been the beneficiary of such a generous new contract last year.

They don't look great do they. Ken M and Nofo do have upsides. They can both smash it up. Talau and Gildart may come good. It doesn't look promising though does it.

Vic Mackey

Referee

8. Stefano Utoikamanu
9. Jacob Liddle
10. Alex Twal
11. Luciano Leilua
12. Sean Blore
13. Joe Ofahengaue

14. Zane Musgrove
15. Alex Seyfarth
16. Tyrone Peachey
17. Jake Simpkin

for the last 2 years ive thought our forward pack has looked good and both years its ended up sucking

Tigerm

First Grade

8. Stefano Utoikamanu
9. Jacob Liddle
10. Alex Twal
11. Luciano Leilua
12. Sean Blore
13. Joe Ofahengaue

14. Zane Musgrove
15. Alex Seyfarth
16. Tyrone Peachey
17. Jake Simpkin

We have a few more signings to come, i think we need another decent forward or 2.

BrotherJim05

Bench
Ken M and Nofa are the type of wingers who can be absolutely lethal if they have a good half or centre feeding them the ball. All wingers obviously can look good with the right players on their inside, but these are two that can rack up tries and get huge meters if used correctly.

If we don't sign an experienced NRL first grade centre for next year then we are royally f**ked.