What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Season 2022

BrotherJim05

Bench
Peaches is a good signing. He's basically an upgrade on Mbye.

Strange that the profile didn't mention centre as a position? I would have thought we signed him to play centre but looks like he will be lock.

Das Hassler

Bench
Peachey and Hastings > Mbye and Walters.

Happy with the signing, now a centre and second row thanks
Never really noticed how big he is...expect that he'll be another pretty good mentor for Daine Laurie as well and help him remain happy to be at the club.

Huh? That’s just gratuitous shit mate
I was just giving expression to my thoughts on the signing.

@stryker appeared to be guarded in relation to aspects of old mates application and I found myself in agreement.

He is saying he needs a a firm hand, meaning that he regards himself as ill-disciplined if left to his own devices.

I would think that Madge and Harto would have had a long discussion with Mr Holbrook as to his problems before the offer. Then they have to satisfy themselves that they can fix his problems.

He was let go by the Titans, so they do not regard him as a good fit for the future. We need to know why and what we can do.

Despite the facade of competition, clubs are always in a quiet dialogue about these things.

Das Hassler

Bench

@stryker appeared to be guarded in relation to aspects of old mates application and I found myself in agreement.

He is saying he needs a a firm hand, meaning that he regards himself as ill-disciplined if left to his own devices.

I would think that Madge and Harto would have had a long discussion with Mr Holbrook as to his problems before the offer. Then they have to satisfy themselves that they can fix his problems.

He was let go by the Titans, so they do not regard him as a good fit for the future. We need to know why and what we can do.

Despite the facade of competition, clubs are always in a quiet dialogue about these things.

If you go back i think you'll find that he never wanted to leave sydney and if you remember he was forced to deny he wanted to backflip on his deal with the Titans ...he honoured his contract but i think once it was done the Titans knew it was pointless in offering him a new deal and it was a given he'd land another contract. I'll bet Sydney helped sway him our way over canberra as much as anything else.

WA Tiger

Bench

Ok that’s better I understood that one..Just got to work on an abbreviated post now, since there’s so many of them - then Bingo.

If you go back i think you'll find that he never wanted to leave sydney and if you remember he was forced to deny he wanted to backflip on his deal with the Titans ...he honoured his contract but i think once it was done the Titans knew it was pointless in offering him a new deal and it was a given he'd land another contract. I'll bet Sydney helped sway him our way over canberra as much as anything else.
I checked, I think that is all true.

He reportedly wanted $400 x 3 and we got him for $375 x 2 which is solid win tying us to $750 not $1.2 if he founders.

Another older player, lifting the experience level.

Ricky was after him and he’s a very astute coach.

I think he’s a prospect but Im cautious.

Tigerm

First Grade
I checked, I think that is all true.

He reportedly wanted $400 x 3 and we got him for $375 x 2 which is solid win tying us to $750 not $1.2 if he founders.

Another older player, lifting the experience level.

Ricky was after him and he’s a very astute coach.

I think he’s a prospect but Im cautious.
It’s all about the experience for the team, imo?

WA Tiger

Bench
Yes and just as meaningful as his Daley m win..If these two new halves can see and create try’s from 10 -15 out which Brooks can’t then the clubs blunders and bullshit about Brooks will be exposed…. Peachey could be the clubs star player …way better than AD with legs, and could add the spark needed, and even be the player that attract’s better players ..theres no one else doing that…for $375k that would be a good buy, but of course that’s being optimistic…Centre’s maybe his spot tho?

Last edited:
if Brooks got player of the year, we had a bad season.

He phoned it in for a third of the season and from what I see, he’s not worth 450 let alone the 850 he’s into us for.

There is no way Brooks is going to get a game at hb with Hastings still breathing. It defies footy physics.
The attacker left his feet to catch the ball, which was his only mitigation if catching the ball was the intention. This made the target higher for the defender and gave the attacker the opportunity to promote the ball to his winger. A tap on or letting the ball go are somewhat low percentage, however both probably result in points or at least retained possession. Catching the ball is highly risky due to the chance of injury and/or losing possession.

Looking at the rest of those stills I’d say the defender was lucky that the attacker did leave his feet. He has tackled him with the wrong shoulder, got his head in the wrong spot, lifted him past the horizontal and landed awkwardly, tied up with him on the ground. The fact the attacker has his winger in support further validates my opinion that this tackle was a poor one with a lucky outcome. The fact he has hit him on the wrong side and too low means the power of the hit is lessened. It also means that the attacker had the chance to offload, tap it on etc as you stated.
I’d suspect this tackle resulted in a penalty and was possibly put on report?
All I was after about avoidance was the uselessness of the pass. You’ve pulled out a calculator for some basic arithmetic!

I put your comments to footy work mate and he said something profound:

“ Tell old mate that the tackle was effective because the attacker dropped the ball.”

And I protested as it seemed too neat and tidy a solution but he retorted:

“ There’s nothing further to add, the best outcome was that the attacker lost possession”

If you want to take him up on that, I’ll pass it on.

Don’t whinge at me personally either, I’m just the go-between.

Last edited:

stryker

First Grade
I put your comments to footy work mate and he said something profound:

“ Tell old mate that the tackle was effective because the attacker dropped the ball.”
I wouldn’t call that a profound statement.
Tell your mate a dropped ball does not trump an illegal play. He clearly got the attacker above the horizontal because he f**ked the tackle up in the ways I mentioned. That’s a penalty and an INEFFECTIVE TACKLE.

I wouldn’t call that a profound statement.
Tell your mate a dropped ball does not trump an illegal play. He clearly got the attacker above the horizontal because he f**ked the tackle up in the ways I mentioned. That’s a penalty and an INEFFECTIVE TACKLE.

I just need @Vic Mackey to clarify if skollars got penalised for it and if so, why?

Do you know Vic? Can you get the question out to skollars? You don’t forget a tackle like that.

If it was deemed fair, @stryker will have to cop it