What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Season 2023

Perth Tiger

Bench
His responses were pretty messy but definitely seems like he thinks he can change his mind. Saying stuff like I will wait until the season is over and sit down with my manager and see what's going to happen is disturbing.
Even though I am no where near as keen on him as I was he absolutely has to come, playing reserves or sitting out the duration of his contract on zero payment. There is absolutely no way any team should let any player get away with what it looks like he is trying to do.

Also if the NRL had any credibility they should be investigating the Manager and Parra about trying to induce a player to brake a contract. This is the third player in recent memory that Parra have, or are trying to, convinced to break a contract with us. How are the shit teams ever supposed to improve if higher placed teams can just get players to break contracts when it is convenient for them but we are stuck with bad contracts that cripple us for years.

BrotherJim05

Bench
Yeah even if he comes in with an attitude, purposefully creates a toxic environment, etc, then we need to dig deep and not release him. Not because we need him in the team, because we have to change the perception that players can do this to us.

It's the same situation to when we were continually being forced to pay stupid overs for players. The perception was that's what we did so that's what happened. Took a few years to shake that perception but it's gone now.

This is the real line in the sand and if the club flinch then we are f**ked for a very long time

Tigerm

First Grade
Yeah even if he comes in with an attitude, purposefully creates a toxic environment, etc, then we need to dig deep and not release him. Not because we need him in the team, because we have to change the perception that players can do this to us.

It's the same situation to when we were continually being forced to pay stupid overs for players. The perception was that's what we did so that's what happened. Took a few years to shake that perception but it's gone now.

This is the real line in the sand and if the club flinch then we are f**ked for a very long time
I think we have let too many S/R’s go for him, to simply let him break his contract?

But, I thought the journo was pestering him about the WT’s deal, when rightly he should be concentrating on the Slimes for the rest of this season (which will probably be this week)?

Vic Mackey

Referee
Papalli will come, he clearly doesnt want too but he will. Best to ignore it.

Jacob Liddle been released, good news all round. I belive we noe have 26 in the NRl squad for next year with a couple (Peachey, Gildart) likley following him out the door.

Shredder

Juniors
Ive got 27 on the books including Talau and Kei who need contracts extended.

Regardless, we must be expecting some more signings. Cant imagine they are going to fill all spots with upping youngsters.

Ned Kelly

Juniors
I hope it's not some mind game to get a knee jerk reaction of "if he doesn't want to play for us we don't want him". Our past record on this kind of thing has been abysmal. If there is any truth in it the board needs to stay strong.

Hopefully he just didn't want to say he was joining the tigers to keep up morale at Parra.

GO THE RAIDERS !!!!

Someone2

Juniors
Paying a guy 800k to play reserve grade is really gonna help squad management and lift u up from the bottom of the ladder

some of these comments to make him play reserve grade for the duration of the contract are ludicrous

BrotherJim05

Bench
Paying a guy 800k to play reserve grade is really gonna help squad management and lift u up from the bottom of the ladder

some of these comments to make him play reserve grade for the duration of the contract are ludicrous
If we are forced into an A or B decision on whether to let him go or force him to play reserve grade then the answer is B. You're implying that we want this outcome, we want him to be a professional and help us get into the top 8.

The ball is entirely in his court.

Reactions: jak

MasterTiger

Juniors

Hey No one 2 or Ryhno or whoever you are l bet your nervous!!! Possible back door coming. Doesn’t really matter…..after last week your team knows they can’t beat Penrith when it counts.

The Rosco

Bench

You mate, have a lot more to worry about with your straight sets team lining up to choke and fail yet again in the big games.
Tell us more about lifting up from the bottom of the ladder. This is our first time. How did you guys do it the other THIRTEEN TIMES ?
All them poor kiddies that spent mummies $$ on shiny new pawwa jerseys.
King Nutho doing his stupid fkkn wiggle.
Moses pounding his Bondi chest.
All for nothing.
Again.
36 years ?
Enjoy the weekend's footy.
At least you'll be a neutral next weekend.
Don't take it too hard. You'd have to be used to it by now ?

Tigerm

First Grade
What’s everyone’s thoughts about next year, we have 2 good players confirmed coming, that I am aware of, if we get no one else (of note) do we have the players to be competitive, assuming the rest of the players can stay healthy?

Every season I feel confident, but that’s been beaten out of me, so I just don’t see the light at the end of the tunnel atm.

Shredder

Juniors
I usually start the season the same way TM. But not this time.

We ran dead last, have bought two decent players and lost more depth.

It will be us or the Titans last next year, with the Dolphins above at least both of us.

Speedy Gonzales

Juniors
You mate, have a lot more to worry about with your straight sets team lining up to choke and fail yet again in the big games.
Tell us more about lifting up from the bottom of the ladder. This is our first time. How did you guys do it the other THIRTEEN TIMES ?
All them poor kiddies that spent mummies $$ on shiny new pawwa jerseys.
King Nutho doing his stupid fkkn wiggle.
Moses pounding his Bondi chest.
All for nothing.
Again.
36 years ?
Enjoy the weekend's footy.
At least you'll be a neutral next weekend.
Don't take it too hard. You'd have to be used to it by now ?
Up the green machine

Tigerm

First Grade
Just thinking, if Sheens is the coach for the next 2 years, who is running the football club?
If it’s Sheenius, how is he going to cope with everything that is required of the position?

BrotherJim05

Bench
If we finish above bottom 4 next year I'll be shocked.

The whole arguement to sack Madge was that he couldn't sign players, yet he was responsible for signing out two best players in Joffa and Hastings, our best players the year before that in Doeuihi and Stefano, and our only two signings for next year, which for any club would be considered massive signatures.

Oh, and also the reports we were close to signing A. Chrichton, but was only coming over to play for Madge.

The more I think about our 5 year plan the more I think we are destined for a long run of bottom 4 and more spoons

stryker

First Grade
If we finish above bottom 4 next year I'll be shocked.

The whole arguement to sack Madge was that he couldn't sign players, yet he was responsible for signing out two best players in Joffa and Hastings, our best players the year before that in Doeuihi and Stefano, and our only two signings for next year, which for any club would be considered massive signatures.

Oh, and also the reports we were close to signing A. Chrichton, but was only coming over to play for Madge.

The more I think about our 5 year plan the more I think we are destined for a long run of bottom 4 and more spoons
Definitely.

Ned Kelly

Juniors
So much hangs on who we sign in November. Munster or some other super star and we are on the way up. No Munster or super star and we are in trouble for years to come.

Tigerm

First Grade

St George Illawarra have made their first external signing for 2023, securing the services of Jacob Liddle from the Wests Tigers. Liddle was released with one year remaining on his contract.

“The opportunity to bring Jacob to the Dragons was a good fit for all involved,” Dragons general manager Ben Haran said. “Hooker is a position we identified as needing further depth in and Jacob is a good prospect for the club given his age and experience.

It is unclear whether Liddle’s arrival means Andrew McCullough will retire.

The Tigers have also lost another young talent, with Jock Madden signing with the Brisbane Broncos on a two-year deal. With the Tigers set to stick with Luke Brooks in the halfback role, Madden will look to get a bit more game time across the border.

But in good news out of Concord, Wests Tigers have re-signed former Maroons forward Joe Ofahengaue until the end of 2025. Ofahengaue has played 47 games for Wests Tigers since joining the club in 2021 from Brisbane and made his 150th NRL appearance in Round 23 this season.