What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Season 2023

Contract extension for Blore​

I am a fan of this guy, but hope he can finally deliver for us?
Yeah certainly has had some bad luck but could be a pretty good player.

An injury free off season for him and Stefano is what this team needs.

Off the top of my head, the Tigers stuck by 3 ok juniors in Farah, Marshall & Teddy who were hit by bad luck in their early days. Lets hope that Blore & Stefano come good.

Are the Tigers affording Tommy Talau the same confidence (contract extension)?

Vic Mackey

Referee
I know it’s all ‘training the house down’ pre season bullshit but all reports over the last 2 off seasons were that Blore was killing it and would be a starting edge in round 1. End of 2021 pre season he broke his arm ruling him out for the first 10 weeks, this year ACL. Bloke has had NO luck at all.

Have to remember that 4 years ago this was the hottest 18 year old prospect in the country, captaining all the nsw Jnr sides.

Fingers crossed he can finally get an injury free run and rip in in 2023.

Tigerm

First Grade

HOOKER — Api Koroisau

Pundits tipped Storm dummy-half Harry Grant to take this spot, but the Panthers No.9 prevailed. Api Koroisau took home the Dally M Hooker of the Year award in his last season in Penrith colours, making the switch to the Tigers next season.

Yeah baby.

No more talk of Nathan Brown heading back to Concord.

So. he gets picked for the GF with no doubt, the 1 job of harassing the life out of Cleary and Luai, will Klein overreact, when Brown arrives a fraction too late.

Will Parra still release him?

I still think Brown can offer the Tigers some of the mongrel and starch that the forwards need. The brains and pack leadership of Api, the workmen ship of Offa, a wide running Papali'i mixed with Blore, Stefano, Pole, Twal and Musgrove plus the younger guys coming through. I also believe the above guys can ensure that Hastings is not wasted playing at 13.

Vic Mackey

Referee
No more talk of Nathan Brown heading back to Concord.

So. he gets picked for the GF with no doubt, the 1 job of harassing the life out of Cleary and Luai, will Klein overreact, when Brown arrives a fraction too late.

Will Parra still release him?

I still think Brown can offer the Tigers some of the mongrel and starch that the forwards need. The brains and pack leadership of Api, the workmen ship of Offa, a wide running Papali'i mixed with Blore, Stefano, Pole, Twal and Musgrove plus the younger guys coming through. I also believe the above guys can ensure that Hastings is not wasted playing at 13.

agree, I’m all for us bribing brown home

Tigerm

First Grade

A record number of junior players have reached out to the club, wanting to play for one of Wests Tigers seven junior representative teams in 2023.

Encouraging news, I guess?😟

Tigerm

First Grade

HOOKER — Api Koroisau

Pundits tipped Storm dummy-half Harry Grant to take this spot, but the Panthers No.9 prevailed. Api Koroisau took home the Dally M Hooker of the Year award in his last season in Penrith colours, making the switch to the Tigers next season.

Yeah baby.

Even coach Ivan Cleary admitted post-game on Sunday that the Panthers “won’t be able to replace” Koroisau.

“He makes people feel good, everybody plays better when he’s out there and he’s had an incredible season. We won’t be able to replace him.”

Vic Mackey

Referee

Even coach Ivan Cleary admitted post-game on Sunday that the Panthers “won’t be able to replace” Koroisau.

“He makes people feel good, everybody plays better when he’s out there and he’s had an incredible season. We won’t be able to replace him.”

I don’t think Penrith realized how important he was to them until this season. In hindsight they really should have let Crichton or Tago go and held onto him for another 2 years at least. Kenny is a handy footballer but not a 9 in a top side. Soni Luke looks ok in nsw cup but defence is an issue and hasn’t been tested at NRL level.

Penrith are the best at 9 of the most important 10 aspects of the game, the 1 they aren’t is attack in the 20. Cleary in particular runs out of ideas fairly quickly, Api is the start of anything good they do in this area of the field.

They definitely come back to the field next year, can’t see them dropping out of the top 4 but there’ll be some testing times for them.

ATOWN2

Juniors
Also if the NRL had any credibility they should be investigating the Manager and Parra about trying to induce a player to brake a contract. This is the third player in recent memory that Parra have, or are trying to, convinced to break a contract with us. How are the shit teams ever supposed to improve if higher placed teams can just get players to break contracts when it is convenient for them but we are stuck with bad contracts that cripple us for years.
I've been soo disappointed with Papali'i. Api had a joke about the Tigers but at least he's never tried to renege his contract and has remained committed to playing 2023 onwards with the Tigers. We should try and get Nathan Brown since he's not wanted at Parra.

Tigerm

First Grade
I've been soo disappointed with Papali'i. Api had a joke about the Tigers but at least he's never tried to renege his contract and has remained committed to playing 2023 onwards with the Tigers. We should try and get Nathan Brown since he's not wanted at Parra.
If you read my post above yours, Lee stated that the Papali’i issue was never an issue, the indication (I got) was that he was perhaps having fun with the press? He also had some big games ahead of him and imo rightly should not have been thinking about us at that stage?

I agree with the Brown comment, provided he is fit, as I’m not sure why he hadn’t played FG for so long this season?

ATOWN2

Juniors
If you read my post above yours, Lee stated that the Papali’i issue was never an issue, the indication (I got) was that he was perhaps having fun with the press? He also had some big games ahead of him and imo rightly should not have been thinking about us at that stage?

I agree with the Brown comment, provided he is fit, as I’m not sure why he hadn’t played FG for so long this season?
Yeah I'm not sure if he was playing with the press, but either way it gave negative publicity for the Tigers. There would've been no speculation/story if he'd just said he was committed to the Tigers in 2023 and left it at that. Instead he kept saying he was only thinking about the current season with the Eels.

simmo1

First Grade
When players sign on with new clubs they usually get a 1-2 month grace period with the fans to let them find their feet and settle in to the new team. Papali'i has already used up all of that goodwill with the fans with his ridiculous antics. He will be under the pump from fans & media alike if he doesn't hit the ground running here very quickly. Someone better tell the peabrain that it won't be his manager copping the heat either.

Koroisau's comments were silly & unprofessional, but he's not the first person to say something dumb while still likely drunk from the night before. He has been to a few clubs now and knows what to expect when joining a new team. I am optimistic he could be our best ever signing, and the comments will be forgotten pretty quickly.

Apparently Klemmer toured our facilities. Would be a good experienced acquisition. Would also like to pick up Spencer Leniu.

Still need a couple of second rowers, pretty lean at the moment, and we still need one good centre as well.

Tigerm

First Grade
Can’t post what I wanted? It was a vid clip of Papali’i saying he was always coming, but didn’t want to disrupt team on run t9 semi’s? Makes sense, I guess, but who knows?

Last edited:

Tiger Ted

Bench
Apparently Klemmer toured our facilities. Would be a good experienced acquisition. Would also like to pick up Spencer Leniu.

Still need a couple of second rowers, pretty lean at the moment, and we still need one good centre as well.
Re 2nd rower I heard today from a not overly reliable source Curtis Sironen returning home on a 2 yr deal.

I favour Leniu over klemmer.Klemmer isn’t worth anywhere near the $ he is on & a 3 yr deal would be madness.