What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Season 2025

Nutz

Bench
What middles or big boppers are there to sign for 2025? Stefano 🤣
Hunt from the Sharks?
Even if we keep Stef we need more as Klemmer on his way out.

According to zerotacle, this is their list but we all know their accuracy
MIDDLES
Bunty Afoa, Tom Ale, Josh Aloiai, Paul Bryan, Reagan Campbell-Gillard, Jake Clydsdale, Toby Couchman, Iszac Fa'asuamaleaui, Viliami Fifita, Wiremu Greig, Emre Guler, Tuku Hau Tapuha, Thomas Hazelton, Jack Hetherington, Jaiyden Hunt, Royce Hunt, Corey Jensen, Tui Kamikamica, Oregon Kaufusi, Kitione Kautoga, Josh Kerr, Josh King, Spencer Leniu, Ben Liyou, Davvy Moale, Michael Molo, Griffin Neame, Mark Nicholls, Josiah Pahulu, Keenan Palasia, Josh Papalii, Vena Patuki-Case, Alex Seyfarth, Toafofoa Sipley, Sebastian Su'a, Daniel Suluka-Fifita, Ryan Sutton, Leo Thompson, Sam Tuivaiti, Stefano Utoikamanu, Lazarus Vaalepu, Xavier Willison.

@TheDefinitionOfMadness
Those who are signed till end of 2025, maybe we can get a deal done in our favour/player swap.
I'm editing the list right now as I get updates, can you help?

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade
Looking at next year:
Others may yet come and go.
1. Bula
2. To’a
3. Olam
4. Doueihi
5. Tito
6. Galvin
7. Luai
8. Stef or his replacement
9. Api
10. Pole
11. Sa Fainu
12. Seyfarth
13. Matamua
14. Naden
15. Si Fainu
16. Porter
17. Twal
18. TDS

Assuming Klem, Bateman will be gone as well, they’ve not done much to give us anything for the money they take, so I don’t see the need to keep them.

Also hope they can convince Sezer to stay as NSW cup captain.

Last edited:

Nutz

Bench
Looking at next year:
1. Bula
2. To’a
3. Olam
4. Doueihi
5. Tito
6. Galvin
7. Luai
9. Api
10. Pole
11. Sa Fainu
12. Seyfarth
13. Matamua
14. Naden
15. Si Fainu
16. Porter
17. Twal
18. TDS

Assuming Klem, Bateman will be gone as well, they’ve not done much to give us anything for the money they take, so I don’t see the need to keep them.

Looking through your list I'm wondering how many would make it in a top 8 side right now?
The thing is Tm, players like Bula, Galvin and even now Api are finding it extremely difficult to produce game winning plays because the opposition know they're our biggest threats and target them. Opposition jam in, or take their support players out of play which limits our guys options.
The way around this is to have the 13 dangerous players. Roosters have strike players right across the park.
Having too many players like Klem who offer little threat makes the opposition task of defending easier.
I said earlier that I'd get rid of Stef if we could replace him with two Samuela Fainu type players.
I think when To'a comes back he needs to produce because we need to settle on 2 centres with 6rds to go so they can sort their shite out, same with the wings. I like Lobb but he needs to put on a yard of extra pace to be the full package.
We have a quality winger coming next year so we need to settle on another.
We don't need too many players to come in to make us a top side.
If you were to put our best 11 players on the paddock and add a big workhorse like Angus Crichton into pack and Joseph Manu into the centres (at their peak) all of a sudden our team looks a lot more competitive.

Das Hassler

Bench
Looking at next year:
1. Bula
2. To’a
3. Olam
4. Doueihi
5. Tito
6. Galvin
7. Luai
9. Api
10. Pole
11. Sa Fainu
12. Seyfarth
13. Matamua
14. Naden
15. Si Fainu
16. Porter
17. Twal
18. TDS

I'd reverse Luai and Galvin...

isaiah

Bench
Imagine if they could buy back the farm: teddy, Moses, papenhayzen, brooks just for starters

Tigerm

First Grade
Looking through your list I'm wondering how many would make it in a top 8 side right now?
The thing is Tm, players like Bula, Galvin and even now Api are finding it extremely difficult to produce game winning plays because the opposition know they're our biggest threats and target them. Opposition jam in, or take their support players out of play which limits our guys options.
The way around this is to have the 13 dangerous players. Roosters have strike players right across the park.
Having too many players like Klem who offer little threat makes the opposition task of defending easier.
I said earlier that I'd get rid of Stef if we could replace him with two Samuela Fainu type players.
I think when To'a comes back he needs to produce because we need to settle on 2 centres with 6rds to go so they can sort their shite out, same with the wings. I like Lobb but he needs to put on a yard of extra pace to be the full package.
We have a quality winger coming next year so we need to settle on another.
We don't need too many players to come in to make us a top side.
If you were to put our best 11 players on the paddock and add a big workhorse like Angus Crichton into pack and Joseph Manu into the centres (at their peak) all of a sudden our team looks a lot more competitive.
But we will have a few more coming for other teams to worry about next season, plus as you say, we have the Fainu lads, Pole, Olam etc.
As always, we need to see what happens with the team, but it is looking good from here.

Nutz

Bench
But we will have a few more coming for other teams to worry about next season, plus as you say, we have the Fainu lads, Pole, Olam etc.
As always, we need to see what happens with the team, but it is looking good from here.
Yeh I get that and agree Tm but we still need a brute workhorse in the fwds (with or without Stef and klem) and we need a true marquee back.
All good playmakers need cattle to work with. Every team Luai has played in are great sides...Penrith, Samoa, SOO. There's no doubt Jarome will improve us but the current roster will see us at the bottom again unless we can recruit well...somehow.
AND I think our coaches atm are doing OK working with what we've got.
Champions don't need coaching or motivating so if we had a team full of them everyone would be saying 'what a great coach Benji is'

Tigerm

First Grade
Yeh I get that and agree Tm but we still need a brute workhorse in the fwds (with or without Stef and klem) and we need a true marquee back.
All good playmakers need cattle to work with. Every team Luai has played in are great sides...Penrith, Samoa, SOO. There's no doubt Jarome will improve us but the current roster will see us at the bottom again unless we can recruit well...somehow.
AND I think our coaches atm are doing OK working with what we've got.
Champions don't need coaching or motivating so if we had a team full of them everyone would be saying 'what a great coach Benji is'
I agree, but I never said we were going to win the comp, we have who we have at this stage, whether it’s Stef or his replacement, we don’t know, as I mentioned others may still be coming and some I’ve mentioned leaving.
Luai will give us a great spine, Bula, Luia, Galvin & Api.
Tito will give us some extra speed, which I think Luai will utilise.
At this stage, I’m pretty happy with the young blokes coming through as well.
We will be better than this year, though that won’t be hard.
I’ll be putting another $50 on us making the 8.
Anyway, we still have a comp to win this year hahaha

Tiger Ted

Bench
I agree, but I never said we were going to win the comp, we have who we have at this stage, whether it’s Stef or his replacement, we don’t know, as I mentioned others may still be coming and some I’ve mentioned leaving.
We won’t get anywhere near the 8 next yr.We will very likely be favourites for another spoon.The roster is so inadequate it’s not funny.We might have an ok spine but geez we r shithouse everywhere else.

Nutz

Bench
I'm afraid ya throwing money away. We are a bottom 3 side this year and next year will be the same unless we recruit at least 3 marquee players, 2 fwds and a back as a min. Where from....no idea.
But I do admire your vision and hope.

Nutz

Bench
I'm watching Caberra v Knights and seeing young stars like Weekes and Strange carve up. The comp is full of these stars who won't go backwards, they just keep getting better because they are freaks.
Clubs seem to unearth these stars regularly but we don't.
Yeh we unearthed Bula but our youngins are making debuts and then not going on with it.
I expected Taylan DaSilva to make an impact of the bench this year but we need Api to play big minutes. With Jake Simpkins gonesky Taylan is our future after Api.....is he??
What's the go with Onitoni Large. Superstar, but is he being thrown into the melting pot.
Hopefully our new found energy in pathway development headed by our CEO can fix this and gets some stars.

Das Hassler

Bench
Why Das.
I'm not questioning you or disagreeing with you but your seeing something that I may not have or thought about. I value your opinion.

Hey mate..no no...disagree and don't value my opinion too much...that's a dicey investment! :)
Anyway...I'm just thinking that Galvin is already shaping up as a better organising half and i'd like to see him continue to develop in that role...I'd rather have Luai playing his natural game at 6. He's got a lot of Benji and (younger) Shaun Johnson in him which can be match winning on its day but the team desperately needs an organizing steady hand at 7 long-term...I'm not sure that Luaii will be it but Galvin sure does look like he's growing into that role.

* as always I reserve the right to be wrong