What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Season 2025

Nutz

Bench
If some of these strong lads sought after by the club come off I think there will be a few opposition players looking over their shoulders.
Imagine if these three blokes returned to peak fitness and form.
Jeral Skelton
Justin Olam
Royce Hunt
1713548020800.png

Nutz

Bench

One down, one to go.
Make it happen Richo.
That's the mindset of a bloke who gets what he wants. 2 for 1, I love it.
He mentioned Turuva and Slelton helping us get off our line. You throw in Hunt, Horsey, Olam as well. I don't think our team will be bullied.

Nutz

Bench
If we do end up with Jack Bird as reported and Corey Horsburgh the squad is starting to look tasty.
I don't know if I've got these players right but if it's correct surely it means we have to free up a couple of spots....don't we?
This is a rough starting 17 and I haven't put much thought into it, just highlighting that we're bulging at the seams.

Best 17 and full squad
1. Jahream Bula
2. Jeral Skelton
3. Jack Bird
4. Justin Olam
5. Sunia Turuva
6. Lachlan Galvin
7. Jarome Luai
8. Royce Hunt
9. Apisai Koroisau
10. Fonua Polé
11. Alex Seyfarth
12. Samuela Fainu
13. Corey Horsburgh
Interchange
14. Tallyn Da Silva
15. David Klemmer
16. Alex Twal
17. ??
Rest of squad
18. Jayden Sullivan
19. Latu Fainu
20. Josh Feledy
21. Chris Faagutu
22. Brent Naden?
23. Solomone Saukuru
24. Tony Sukkar
25. Luke Laulilii
26. Starford To'a
27. Jordan Miller
28. Solomona Faataape
29. Charlie Staines
30. Sione Fainu

31. Kit Laulilii??
32. Adam Doueihi, already signed for 2025
32. John Bateman, is he coming back, I feel he is not.
33. Brandon Tumeth, has a get out clause and is going me finks.
34. Justin Matamua????

2025 development list Train and Trial or unsigned or Going?
Sione Fainu
Tim Johannssen
Will Craig
Alex Lobb
Heath Mason
Tony Sukkar unsure what's happening with this guy
Solomon Alaimalo is unsigned and no room imo.

Last edited:
Just wondering where we sit players on guaranteed contracts (not developmental or train and trial) for next year. It already feels like we are over 30 players, but I'm not sure.

We may run into trouble registering them. However, the storm seems fine doing it so there's a precedent there.

I wonder what the rule is if we are over 30 come the start of next season, and players we may not want such as AD, Sullivan, and Bateman, can't find new homes? Is it last person to sign a contract is shown the door?

Of course, we may be under 30 and there'd be no problem.

Tiger05

First Grade
18. Jayden Sullivan
19. Latu Fainu
26. Starford To'a
28. Solomona Faataape
29. Charlie Staines
30. Sione Fainu

If those are our depth players we will have a good squad.

We must have over well over 30 players contracted for next season. I think we need to move on the following players because we can't fit them all in:-

John Bateman
Jayden Sullivan
Brent Naden
Brandon Tumeth
Adam Doueihi

I don't think Tim Johannssen has been given a top 30 contract though has he ?

Nutz

Bench
If those are our depth players we will have a good squad.

We must have over well over 30 players contracted for next season. I think we need to move on the following players because we can't fit them all in:-

John Bateman
Jayden Sullivan
Brent Naden
Brandon Tumeth
Adam Doueihi

I don't think Tim Johannssen has been given a top 30 contract though has he ?
I believe so mate. A quote from WT website said train and trial contract for the 2025 season, soon-to-be Wests Tigers Player #291

From Zero Tacke it says " He also has an option in his favour for the following year, which will see him either join the Wests Tigers Top 30 roster or move to a development contract for the 2026 season.

Last edited:

Tigerm

Coach
Just wondering where we sit players on guaranteed contracts (not developmental or train and trial) for next year. It already feels like we are over 30 players, but I'm not sure.

We may run into trouble registering them. However, the storm seems fine doing it so there's a precedent there.

I wonder what the rule is if we are over 30 come the start of next season, and players we may not want such as AD, Sullivan, and Bateman, can't find new homes? Is it last person to sign a contract is shown the door?

Zero tackle are generally pretty good with that stuff.

Nutz

Bench

I'm glad you're thinking like this because for me it means one thing, after tonight we may be hearing of players being released/not signed.

Nutz

Bench

A club can have up to six development players each season. There’s no rule on age or experience, it’s entirely up to the club how they use those spots. A development player earns $60,000 and is not included in the top 30, but they do train full time with the NRL squad and can play after Rd 11

Tigerm

Coach
I believe so mate. A quote from WT website said train and trial contract for the 2025 season, soon-to-be Wests Tigers Player #291

From Zero Tacke it says " He also has an option in his favour for the following year, which will see him either join the Wests Tigers Top 30 roster or move to a development contract for the 2026 season.

This won’t be definitive, but:
We have lost
Ice
Sezer
Kepoao
Simpkin
Stefano
Junior

Have signed:
Luai
Tito
Hunt
Bird
Rahme don’t know who he is?
Skelton

Not yet signed
Horshak?
Si Fainu
Hetherington

So it does look like a few need to go?

Tiger05

First Grade

It doesn't sound like a top 30 contract for the next two seasons does it. It sounds like he gets a dev contract in 26.

I assume if he performs he'll get upgraded but that is fine. I reckon he could do the job for us in first grade. Plenty of upside contract wise but without giving up a spot we don't have.

It sounds smart.

Nutz

Bench
It doesn't sound like a top 30 contract for the next two seasons does it. It sounds like he gets a dev contract in 26.

I assume if he performs he'll get upgraded but that is fine. I reckon he could do the job for us in first grade. Plenty of upside contract wise but without giving up a spot we don't have.

It sounds smart.
Exactly. I did that initial post without any forethought and amended his contract. I'd love to have an accurate list though.