What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Season Over Thread

Damn!
I thought it a lay-down-misere we make the finals this year after last year.

There needs to be a LOT of soul searching this off-season AND there needs to be some major changes.

We need a organizing half. Desperately. End of story.

We need some of our younger players to improve or to overcome their sophomore slump and we need some others to step up.

Loved the Tim Mannah. He is gonna be a goodin'
Loved Mitchell got given the chance
Loved Horo's play and I loved Poores improvement from the start of the year.

Hate we still don't have an organizing half or 5/8
Hate our lack of desire at times
Hate we lost to the Sharks and Raiders at home
Overall hate our performance at home. Home should be a fortress.

boxhead

First Grade
Damn!
I thought it a lay-down-misere we make the finals this year after last year.

There needs to be a LOT of soul searching this off-season AND there needs to be some major changes.

We need a organizing half. Desperately. End of story.

We need some of our younger players to improve or to overcome their sophomore slump and we need some others to step up.

Loved the Tim Mannah. He is gonna be a goodin'
Loved Mitchell got given the chance
Loved Horo's play and I loved Poores improvement from the start of the year.

Hate we still don't have an organizing half or 5/8
Hate our lack of desire at times
Hate we lost to the Sharks and Raiders at home
Overall hate our performance at home. Home should be a fortress.

Good post, however, we already have our five-eighth for next year; Daniel Mortimer. However, yes we need an organising halfback, and it seems we will snatch Brett Kimmoreley if we don't get Quade Cooper.
We are arguably getting rid of two of our 'lazy' players, Krisnan and Feleti. I don't want to see them go, personally, though.
Daniel Anderson has gone to a grand final with every club he has coached; I think he had four consecutive grand finals before this year obviously. If anything we should stick with him for the several years; he is a brilliant coach that coached us to a grand final in his first year here with a team that some people likely said would never have done well.

We have to wait and see who our signings are I guess, and what we do for next year.

boxhead

First Grade
I'm absolutely devastated that Cayless was never able to win a premiership with the Eels :(

Same here; it's absolutely heart-breaking :(
What annoys me the most however is that we are in this situation because of our latent inconsistency throughout the season; sure, we are the only team to really smash the Storm and have played amazing footy in some spots and before the last couple of rounds were the third best defensive team; we have been let down by inconsistency and lack of confidence.

Hopefully, we can win the last two rounds with all our departing players so that they can go out on a high.

lewiscook

Juniors
The only thing that will make up for a sh*t season is if we sign Quade Cooper and make a few other good signings.

fish eel

Immortal
this season just seems like a complete waste of what should have been a great year

we hardly got out of first gear all season and underpeformers were left in the side as the season ticked by until it was too late.

what a waste

mrpwnd

Bench
I hate quoting Paul Kent, but he was spot on when he said 'Parra are embarassing, the fans deserve better'.
Worst attitude from the team that I could have anticipated.
I apologize if I seem all negative, but I am dead set pissed that the whole team, staff etc just quite literally gave our season away.

jk13

First Grade
went out fighting, but dam the frustration
today severely highlights why we need a general beyond anything else next year.

I'm tired of listening to excuses every year. After 24 years, it is just not good enough.

I will never support another team, but geez, how many times can you be prick teased?

They better do it for Hindy next year. Poor old Caylo deserved better.

At least the forum will quieten down again soon, & I won't have to read posts from Braindrain for 6 months!

btaag

Juniors
I'm tired of listening to excuses every year. After 24 years, it is just not good enough.

I will never support another team, but geez, how many times can you be prick teased?

At least the forum will quieten down again soon, & I won't have to read posts from Braindrain for 6 months!

It is very hard to be an Eels fan: This season has been very frustrating - not as bad as 2008, though serioulsy, what a waste of potential. Half the sides making the finals this year do not have half as good a squad as us on paper.

We are losing some of the pea hearted players and hopefully can sign some players that will shed blood for the side and play with the passion and commitment approaching that of Cayless and Hindmarsh. The blaze, 55% effort of some of the Gen Y players in the squad is making me sick.

In saying that, I am upset that the season is over, and just want our 25 year drought to end. Enough already :(

Gronk

Staff member
We were crap for most of the year. On par with our form, we were crap for most of today as well.

Very, very disappointing year TBH with only a few highlights other than Storm. Most good wins were coming from behind because we played crap leading into intermission.

mrpwnd

Bench

Geez...24 years and I thought I had it bad.
To me, it's gonna be dissapointing knowing that there won't be anything to look forward to for another 6 months. It hurts more to know that the team we field out next year will be alot weaker than this one.

I haven't felt so gutted about Caylo being sent off on a sh*t note since Buderus' last origin. The whole team has been a let down this season, cracked under pressure, the board has been ass, coach has at times been questionable. I tried being optimistic all season, heck I even tried to put in abit of good faith in our halves hoping they'd turn up the week after for a cracker of a game. I give up on that now. Sorry to say, but there ain't that much to look forward to next year and I thought those days were over after the horrible 90s decade.

Djay

Juniors
I could go on for ever about what's happened this year but we over achieved last year and people expected big things from us but if you look at it our spine is no where near good enough to win a premiership. We have a quality Fullback and that's it, our hooker is horrible IMO (Mitchell proved that today), Our 5/8 is in his second season and was always going to be a struggle and our halfback is someone who wouldn't make any other FG in the NRL as half.

I'm sad for Cayless yes, but he doesn't talk on the field he doesn't lead enough IMO.

We are also a couple of players short of a brilliant side and a team capable of winning the premiership. We need a organizing half obviously, we don't need a hooker IMO as Mitchell is class and we should've gotten rid of M.Keating not KK. We also need a wide running back rower like Mateo and another quality centre. Which is 3-4 players short.

Was disappointing, and I'm dead set pissed off ATM but we were never gonna give this competition a shake this year in all seriousness.

And how did Burt miss the penalty FFS!

parra pete

Referee
Now the Eels season looks to be finalised, I am going to have some great fun putting my support behind the Canberra Raiders..the Green machine is capable of doing a 'Parra 2009' this season

mrpwnd

Bench
Now the Eels season looks to be finalised, I am going to have some great fun putting my support behind the Canberra Raiders..the Green machine is capable of doing a 'Parra 2009' this season
I'm split between the raiders or the chooks.

Pity I won't be watching the blue and gold for the finals, really takes out all the excitement out of footy.

parraeelz

Juniors

Before you start supporting the Green machine just hope they lose their games lol so MAYBE we still have that slim hope to look forward too!!

Danonthespot

Juniors
I could go on for ever about what's happened this year but we over achieved last year and people expected big things from us but if you look at it our spine is no where near good enough to win a premiership. We have a quality Fullback and that's it, our hooker is horrible IMO (Mitchell proved that today), Our 5/8 is in his second season and was always going to be a struggle and our halfback is someone who wouldn't make any other FG in the NRL as half.

I'm sad for Cayless yes, but he doesn't talk on the field he doesn't lead enough IMO.

We are also a couple of players short of a brilliant side and a team capable of winning the premiership. We need a organizing half obviously, we don't need a hooker IMO as Mitchell is class and we should've gotten rid of M.Keating not KK. We also need a wide running back rower like Mateo and another quality centre. Which is 3-4 players short.

Was disappointing, and I'm dead set pissed off ATM but we were never gonna give this competition a shake this year in all seriousness.

And how did Burt miss the penalty FFS!

Couldn't agree more!!

After last year we really had a chance to build this club. All of those bandwagon fans that jumped on us during the finals last year will now walk away = no memberships, no bums on seats, no future. Sure I hate the bandwagon fan as much as the next bloke, but we could have turned a few thousand of them into diehards like all of us if we had have put in a decent effort this year.

As was said, we had everything to play for this year and to be honest we failed.....hard.

The season was over long before today's game. Bring back the Parra passion, week in and week out.

yy_cheng

Coach
The Titans game and this game showed how valuable an organizing half is.

The way they can get repeat 6's is something we can't do. We never put a grubber in just to get a repeat 6. It's always chips or bombs.

Djay

Juniors
The Titans game and this game showed how valuable an organizing half is.

The way they can get repeat 6's is something we can't do. We never put a grubber in just to get a repeat 6. It's always chips or bombs.
Always the same bomb to the same side.