What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Season Review.

Rich102

Staff member
There is a good season review on the homepage.
Anyone care to add to it or comment?

Auckland4ever

Juniors
I agree with much of it. However, the article is maybe making a little much of the Vatuvei captaincy as being one of the main contributors to our downfall IMO. Yes, it was a baffling decision, but to me the lack of fitness of our players trumps all and the rot had set in by the time we lost Mannering. Don't think naming Luck or anyone else as captain would have made any difference.

Also, to add to "the good", I think Packer improved a fair bit as a player this season, (though admittedly he trailed off at the end, so there's still plenty of room for further improvement).

Am also interested to know what the writer's experience with greased-up lesbian turtles is? Does he know exactly how fast they fall down a ladder? I hope he's checked his facts thoroughly. This is LU, not the DT.

hitro

Juniors
Wasn't Luck still injured when MV was named captain? It was weird to pick a wing but were there any others to choose from?
I guess Mateo but he never plays a whole game.
Maloney? An out of form Australian punk??
From memory even Matulino was injured at that point.
Who was the superior choice???

LeagueNut

First Grade
Am also interested to know what the writer's experience with greased-up lesbian turtles is? Does he know exactly how fast they fall down a ladder? I hope he's checked his facts thoroughly. This is LU, not the DT.
It was thoroughly researched. It would have fallen even faster except for all the stubble.

Thanks for your feedback everyone :)

LeagueNut

First Grade
Wasn't Luck still injured when MV was named captain? It was weird to pick a wing but were there any others to choose from?
In the four games where Manu was captain we had Mateo, Friend and Lillyman in the team. I think Friend could have done the job, maybe with Mateo or Lillyman deputising.

I can't shake the thought that Bluey only gave Manu the job because he wanted a Kiwi doing it. :crazy:

Akkerz

Juniors
Yeah that's how the year went. Well written .
I wonder if B Mac chose Manu for captain as he thought the team would make an extra effort with MV being the elder statesman so to speak.
It's a shame Manu didn't make more of the opportunity instead of bleating on 40/20 about how he hated every minute of the responsibilty. Personally I think he failed by not stepping up to it, but thats then & I doubt he'll need to worry about such an onerous duty in the future.

Rich102

Staff member
I think it is a good review.
The one omission, and for me a real turning point for the season, was the Inu debacle. He was accused of being a lazy trainer yet his lack of fitness wasn't apparent when he moved to the Dogs. I think he was recognised as "special" by his team mates but not allowed any leeway by coaching staff; this whilst players who were really out-of-form were persevered with.
A football team is like your own kids; you can't have a favourite.

It's behind us now but I really hope the club learned a lesson from that.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade

Luck was injured but Friend should have been the captain. Bluey did it in the misguided attempt to get 'da boys' back on his side, I would wager.

vvvrulz

Coach
Looking back at the scores the season wasn't necessarily as bad as it looks. Before we completely lost the plot a lot of those games were ours to win and we just lost a crucial 10 minutes. What I'm trying to say is that we weren't that far off a top eight finish and it was a combination of little things like fitness, dodgy interchange and the Inu situation that cost us.

This is the first point Elliott needs to make with the players.

Latest posts