What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Season tickets

Just wondering if I purchase a season ticket for next season for the Jets home games, will that cover the "home" games that get moved from Henson to Caltex/Ronson/Toyota? If not shoudn't the cost be reduced to reflect the reduction of games at Henson?

Jeffles

Bench
The higher memberships are good value even if the price didn't change. The merchandise is great.

Did we even DO season tickets for 2004?

I saw a whole one game at Henson this season (sob), so I wasn't in the market for one. I've pushed for 'em for years, but to no avail.

But if we didn't do 'em in 2004, how would a 2005 one missing a couple of games at Caltex/Endeavour/Reebok/shark park/wherever be less value?

Regards,
TDT-1

Good to hear.

In any case, knowing from past visits how easy it is to deal with the stadium authorities at Endeavour/Reebok/Shark Park/Toyota//Caltex/Whateveritisthisweek, I'd say separating the passes (one for Henson Home Games, another for Swamp Stadium visits) would make sense. Also, loads of people would likely say "I'm never going all the way out there" in any case.

Just my 1 Fen (100th of a yuan, if you're asking) worth.

Also, when do next years' membership mailings go out to the middle kingdom? I gave my dough to some clean-cut young chap at the Newtown Festival and wonder when I'll see my mebership card. Maybe I should PM him my mailing address.

Regards,
TDT-1

2 True Blues

Coach
I got one the other week.

It's $90 for a Newtown Jets season pass. This gets you entry to all 2005 Henson games, car stickers, stubby holder, plus a traditional mens T -shirt.

For $65 you get entry to 5 Henson games, car stickers, stubby holder, plus the traditional T -shirt.

I've bought the season passes the last two seasons, however already have multpiple T -shirts, stickers and stubby holders.

I suppose we are allowed a maximun of 12 home games in a season.

How many more than five will there be ??

I hope we don't have to play at shark park too many times. We were just starting to get a crowd atmosphere at Henson again.

Bluebag

Juniors
The only games we have planned to play at Shark Park are against teams such as Newcastle, Canberra and Penrith for logistic reason for those clubs.

Another new proposal is to sponsor a player as a fan and also as a business which I hope as many supporters take up as possible especially fans even if you go halves with a mate. Being a club without a leagues club we need to make sure we can get enough money as possible to keep the dream alive. If everyone asks their bosses if they want to sponsor a player for a single game that would be good as well.

It costs a lot to keep the club alive and hopefully our terrific supporter base will get behind this and make sure we are around in years to come.

2 True Blues

Coach
Its a shame that the Canberra, Newcastle games wont be considered as away games for the jets. I wouldn't have to travel all the bloddy way to Canberra AGAIN next season to watch the away games. :lol: :lol:

But in all seriousness I wish that I could actually afford to sponsor a player, and cannot ask a boss, as am employed in a different form of employment than the general office workplace thing.

However do gaurantee that when I win lotto I'll throw some cash the Jets way.

Until then I'll buy the yearly membership pass thingee, and continue to go to all home games on an empty stomach, so I can fill up on canteen food, and some cold ones.

There's nothing that tastes better than a Henson beer and steak sandwich or three - bought for purely patriotic reasons, of course.

Keep getting those cold ones in, 2 True Blues and both you and the Bluebags will be kept in "liquidity" so to speak.

Regards,
TDT-1

2 True Blues

Coach
You know it brother. I can't wait until 2005 kicks off.

Good to see Frank SAMIA back in Blue again. Wonder if he's to start in Reserves or Beam. If he's a club buy I assume Jim Beam Cup.

It would be good to see Ben COOK again as well . If Newtown are hiring ex-players why not attempt to keep COOKEY.

With the forward pack we've got we need players like them for impact and to feed quickly into gaps ETC.

Atleast there are still a couple of recogniseable Jets still playing. I was starting to fear that I was destined to see Cronulla in a Blue bags jersey next season, now that COOK, FIELDY, DUNCAN, GEMMEL, SINISA, BARNSEY, BILAL, I could keep going.

It'll be good to still have Phil this season. He gave 100% in every game.

Frank is definately an old crowd favourite at Henson. He just has been injury prone. In form he's a dangerous attack player, and a real crowd pleaser in the Bluebags jersey.

Any news on the storming 2nd rower Billy Najjarin? Last seen at Sydney's Hottest R&B club..... Has he left the Jets? I hope not as he's one classy, gutsy player.

I'm with you 2 True Blues.... Can't wait for the season to kick off with a sanga from the BBQ and a coldie in the other hand. AND should I win Lotto, the Jets will be getting a fist full of cash from me, as long as my melon is on the front of the jersey's...

Why not have your face put on the back of the shorts instead, Hornet? Say, poking your tongue out - that'd scare off any would-be "tacklers from behind" while the boys are on the way to the line.

Regards,
TDT-1

2 True Blues

Coach
I don't mean to make an arse of myself, but let's face it, I wouldn't want to be around when it cracked a smile.

Bilal NAJJARRIN has a heart like Pharlap. He always plays injured as far as I can remember, however always hits the oppossition with everything, even when the tank is running low he finds more from somewhere.

A gutsy player who never throws the towel in. It would be a great loss I think also mate.

Hope these new ( Cronulla ) signings give half as much as Bilal did when they put on the Royal Blue, and we should be sweet.

2 True Blues

Coach
Maybe they should give them a copy of the Newtown book so they can learn just whose footsteps they are going to be following in over almost 100 years of this great club.

Bluebag

Juniors
2 True, At the new gym there are pieces of the Clubhistory being put up everywhere so players can understand more about where we are coming from.

2 True Blues

Coach
The book is a top read isn't it.

The thing I find in general conversation is that a lot of people ( even ex-supporters ) don't even realise that Newtown have a side in Premier league.

A lot of the younger footy supporters who were not even born when Newtown played 1st grade are too quick to right them off as " has beens " ETC, when they are merely showing how ignorant they really are.

I wonder how good Saints would have been if Johhny RAPER stayed with the Jets. " " Did he play for Newtown, no. Your shitting me. "

It's good to see all the media coverage the Jets have been getting in more recent times, every ocean starts with a drop of water I geuss. I hope it keeps raining.

This raises a point I've been wondering about for a while.

I, and probably all the rest of you, too, seem to have spent a huge part of the last decade and a half (or at least since our return in Metro) telling people "We're NOT DEAD. We've got teams playing in Metro Cup/First Division/Premier league. Blah, blah blah".

Where else can we get the message out? Here's one for a start: What if we put something on EVERY bit of our new (and selling quite well, thank you very much) merchandise that spells out our very much alive status.

It could be a statement printed on the garment itself or as a bunch of little "pass this along to a disbeliever" cards that are included in the packaging.

Any other ideas? How about having it tattooed on Kylie Minogue's arse or somewhere else that's continually being photographed (cue the Henson Hill Boys singing the excellent "Kylie's Arse" © The Clip Clop Club - http://www.theclipclopclub.com/).

Over to you.

Regards,
TDT-1

Jeffles

Bench
I've also thought a "We're Not Dead" or similar line of T-Shirts would be a goer to get the message out there.