What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Second Twenty20 International - Australia v England at Old Trafford

IanG

Coach
For discussions on the 2nd Twenty20 International tomorrow. This one being a Night game. So probably on at about 2:30am.

eddiesmith

Juniors
Even worse, coverage starts 3:30am so probably 4am start and the weather isnt any better, dont think I will be bothering with this one

IanG

Coach
Didn't matter really. Match abandoned without a ball being bowled.

Now they're bellyacheing saying that Twenty20 cricket was designed to be played in all conditions. So does that mean it should still be played in pissing down rain.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Got to love the fact they sold the test match for a 20/20 game that it rains, haha

IanG

Coach
Got to love the fact they sold the test match for a 20/20 game that it rains, haha

For 2 Twenty20 games actually and they both get washed out. But did they actually trade a Test for the 2 T20s or is it just what the ECB allocated them? Just like Trent Bridge didnt get a test but have 2 of the One Dayers

lockyno1

Post Whore
For 2 Twenty20 games actually and they both get washed out. But did they actually trade a Test for the 2 T20s or is it just what the ECB allocated them? Just like Trent Bridge didnt get a test but have 2 of the One Dayers

Traded it with Cardiff. There was a fee involved, but the primary reason was Old Traffod felt they would make money out of the T20's:lol:

IanG

Coach
Traded it with Cardiff. There was a fee involved, but the primary reason was Old Traffod felt they would make money out of the T20's:lol:

Well I wonder what will happen in 2013 as the ECB have already announced that the first test of that series will be in Chester-Le-Street Durham.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Well I wonder what will happen in 2013 as the ECB have already announced that the first test of that series will be in Chester-Le-Street Durham.

Doubt they will get a test. To be honest there are 4 "locks" in each Ashes series

a) Lords
b) The Oval
c) Hedingley
d) Edgbaston

Add the one is Durham next time they are long odds to being picked again until 2017 at least.

IanG

Coach
Yeah and I dare say The Oval will be the last of the series. 2nd will probably be Lords. as for the other 2 well take your pick.

eddiesmith

Juniors
Doubt they will get a test. To be honest there are 4 "locks" in each Ashes series

a) Lords
b) The Oval
c) Hedingley
d) Edgbaston

Add the one is Durham next time they are long odds to being picked again until 2017 at least.
How is Headingley a lock when it wasnt even used in 2005?

Ridders

Coach
Both T20 twenty matches washed out = The Cricketing gods striking back against the T20 agenda :thumn

Latest posts