What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

See ya Slater

Lambretta

First Grade
I see Greenberg has been silent... he must agree with these tackles being legal...He was nice and loud when Napa collected Sims earlier in the season...

He grew up in the Eastern suburbs and supports the Bulldogs.

He must hate Easts for some reason.

Too crap to make the Rose Bay Rams under 7s??,

Storm80

Juniors
I really don't understand how people cannot understand that if a player is unable to get to a player in time to stop a try, this does not mean you are then allowed to break the rules in order to stop the try being scored.

What is he to do? Just let him score?
Ummm well yes, that is the game!!!!!!!!!!!

My mind boggles.

The NRL judiciary found him not guilty of a shoulder charge. Therefore, the referee made an incorrect decision to penalise slater. How can you not grasp that??

Under the current NRL rules Billy made a perfectly legal attempt at tackle. It’s not about what you think a shoulder charge is. It’s about what the NRL judiciary objectively decides, and they decided it wasn’t a shoulder charge. End of story

Pommy

Coach
The NRL judiciary found him not guilty of a shoulder charge. Therefore, the referee made an incorrect decision to penalise slater. How can you not grasp that??

Under the current NRL rules Billy made a perfectly legal attempt at tackle. It’s not about what you think a shoulder charge is. It’s about what the NRL judiciary objectively decides, and they decided it wasn’t a shoulder charge. End of story

End of story, move along people nothing to see here.

On a side note, I was reviewing highlights of all Easts games last night just for kicks. Billy did a shoulder to shoulder bump on an Easts player in the corner vs Easts in Adelaide. He didn’t even touch the attacking player with a hand or arm. Darius Boyd also did the same thing in the corner vs Easts in Brisbane too. No attempt to use the arms or hands in either tackle and the match review panel didn’t charge either player..

Spoken like someone who has NFI of the Laws of the Game of Rugby League.

I suggest you look at the note to Law 5 in Section 5 which states -

"If two players are running side by side, near to and towards the ball, it is permissible for one to make contact with the other with the shoulder."

That has been in the Laws of the Game for at least 20 years. hence next time you want to talk about shoulder charges you should at least know what its says in the rule book

Rule of the game may be accessed at - https://playnrl.com/media/2636/arl-rules-book-2018-web.pdf

So much Salt here that Saxa needs a new warehouse.

4ffd24aec566d722ad001214-thumb-256x256.jpeg
images

You should give that to the NRL for Sunday night.

Bet the attendance of the GF and more importantly the ratings will be well down.

Storm80

Juniors
Spoken like someone who has NFI of the Laws of the Game of Rugby League.

I suggest you look at the note to Law 5 in Section 5 which states -

"If two players are running side by side, near to and towards the ball, it is permissible for one to make contact with the other with the shoulder."

That has been in the Laws of the Game for at least 20 years. hence next time you want to talk about shoulder charges you should at least know what its says in the rule book

Rule of the game may be accessed at - https://playnrl.com/media/2636/arl-rules-book-2018-web.pdf

Exactly, wtf you on about? Section 5 law 5 relates to shoulder contact where no one is in possession of the ball. For example, kicked into the corner and two opposing players are attempting to get to the ball.

I’m talking specifically about when an attacking player has possession of the ball and the defender tries to bump him out into touch by shoulder bump. Previous to the “shoulder charge” being outlawed shoulder bumping a player into touch was a perfectly legal tackle.

Trust me buddy, I know my NRL rules having watched the game for over 30 years. Just cause I loves me storm, don’t go assuming I have NFI about the rules. As it appears it’s you that has clearly got NFI what your on about

txta2

Bench
Can't wait for the news flash in the future about Slater being made an immortal, after they change the rules about the award.

mave

Coach
When will the refs boss come out and publically admonish the ref for the wrong call on field at the time.

Useless fks cant tell the difference between a pec charge and a shoulder charge.

Willie Ray

Bench
So we now have a new tackle...Grand Final Day I'm hoping we hear this in commentary...
Brandy,"Wow,should that be a penalty,looked a lot like a shoulder charge to me?"
Warren Smith,"Nup,sorry Brandy,no shoulder charge there...he just pecced him...play on."
Brandy,"Sorry Waz, right you are."

Storm80

Juniors
Stop saying shoulder bump ffs, it’s not a league term. Until you entered these forums I had never in my life even heard of it.

Really?? And yet the NRL match review committee coordinator Michael Buettner used the term “bump” when Koroibete shoulder bumped Watene-Zelezniak in 2016.... "it was a desperate tackle or bump on the Panthers winger".... what’s that??? A former NRL player and NSW rep used the term “bump”??? OMG!?!?

AJB1102

First Grade
Isn't it wonderful to see a decision which upsets all the right people - the whingers, wallys and wankers.

Can't wait to see Paul Gallen's reaction, nobody does sandy vag like that bloke.

Not the great man Paul himself but Flanno & Lewis spent a good chunk of their post game presser endorsing that Billy play. You keep rustling your gritty flaps over something Sir Gallen might say though.

Desert Qlder

First Grade
Not the great man Paul himself but Flanno & Lewis spent a good chunk of their post game presser endorsing that Billy play. You keep rustling your gritty flaps over something Sir Gallen might say though.

Are you boycotting the game with the other Sharks fans?

AJB1102

First Grade
GFs without Cronulla are easy, almost preferable. I said goodbyes in 2016 in case I didn't pull through, the anxiety and shit was awful. This Sunday I'll piss it up carefree watching other mates suffer that crap. Good footy and decided by the players and I'm happy.

stryker

First Grade
A Slater Fellater preaching about irony. I'm now on planet cuckoo.

Players who behave a certain way on the field & get away with it are a target, it's how Rugby League works from the juniors to first grade. One of those unspoken consensus things.

My comments stand.
Well done, you presented an argument without swearing every second word like a moron. Your argument is wrong but its a good start.