What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Seen the new Raiders Ad?

RaidersMalt

Juniors
What most of you don't understand is blokes like woodgers and bay 72 have put a sh1t load of work getting the army up and running and have hit brick wall after brick wall when dealing with this club. You try organising a 40 people for a bus trip or order and collect money off people for 80 shirts, its a lot of work and they get no assistance from management.

They do more marketing than the monkeys on typewriters do down at HQ, and all they ask for is a fair go and a bit acknowedgement every now and again to help raise awareness and build numbers.

All they get from the club is empty promises and a cold shoulder.

Boing Boing

Juniors
RaidersMalt said:
What most of you don't understand is blokes like woodgers and bay 72 have put a sh1t load of work getting the army up and running and have hit brick wall after brick wall when dealing with this club. You try organising a 40 people for a bus trip or order and collect money off people for 80 shirts, its a lot of work and they get no assistance from management.

They do more marketing than the monkeys on typewriters do down at HQ, and all they ask for is a fair go and a bit acknowedgement every now and again to help raise awareness and build numbers.

f**ken BINGO mate. COuldn't agree more.

hrundi99

First Grade
RaidersMalt said:

Yes but what does that have to do with ticket pricing?

Sully

Juniors
H...

The point is that last year the club did a deal for a special price.

Woodgers and Bay got the no.s from 2003 - 5 season ticket holders to join, 2004 -20 ticket holders to join season, 2005 - 40 season ticket holders to join and 2006 possibly around 55+ season ticket holders to join so really why piss on us?

F**King rubbish club. If it was not for loyalty and some great players I'd say f**k the club! Its full of wanks!

Dead set we have all met and/or dealt with the "management" of the Raiders.

I AM EMBARRESSED!

Surely you would think it would be run as a profitable business. No business turns its back on customer loyalty programs when sales are in a decline.

The $$$ is not the issue! Many Army members are in executive positions in their jobs and earn big $$$, in fact in protest it was discussed paying full price and buying a block in the Mal Stand and create a bit of bother by standing and singing all game.

Leethal

Juniors
For me, it's not the price, it's the principle. All the RA wants is the best possible price for a ticket to attract the young and not-so-wealthy fans we are targetting in order to expand our numbers. A 33% rise in ticket price for a declining product is not conducive to this goal. Before anyone asks why we should we get any sort of deal, I'll repeat the argument put forward by others on this forum: we put more time and cash into following this team than the vast majority of fans.
Let's be fair dinkum - take away the noise made by the Army and Bruce Stadium becomes a mausoleum every second weekend.

Boing Boing

Juniors
Leethal said:
For me, it's not the price, it's the principle. All the RA wants is the best possible price for a ticket to attract the young and not-so-wealthy fans we are targetting in order to expand our numbers. A 33% rise in ticket price for a declining product is not conducive to this goal. Before anyone asks why we should we get any sort of deal, I'll repeat the argument put forward by others on this forum: we put more time and cash into following this team than the vast majority of fans.
Let's be fair dinkum - take away the noise made by the Army and Bruce Stadium becomes a mausoleum every second weekend.

Hahaha, so true.

I can think of other supporters groups which get punlic acknowledgement and financial support from their clubs: WTF, Crusade, Chookpen, Sharks book club.

We get f**k all.

jed

First Grade
One problem we have however is that we don't really have a position for ourselves to bargain with. We can't exactly turn around and say "well if you don't give the group of us a discount, we'll walk away", because so far (to my knowledge), woodgers is the only one to have the balls to go through with that. They know that we'll show up week in, week out, to support the team. And if we don't but a season ticket, they only have to get us to rock up to 5 of the games and they've already come out in front (taking into account the pittance that's spent on the members merchandise).

The only monetary bargaining chip we have is to induce more and more people to come to the games, to join the Raiders Army, and to sign up as season ticket holders. But that's never going to happen when we're being belted every week like happened through the second half of last year. And like the fortunes of our team, the RA's numbers fell away too.

Me being an optimist, I'd like to say that if we have a semi-decent season, we'll pick up in numbers before the end of next season. If that's the case, perhaps a petition could be sent around the non season-ticket holders in the Army, stating that we'd all be willing to join up as members if an RA ticket was produced?

Sully

Juniors
Jed..

Mate, I admire youre commitment but "build next year"... you've been hanging around Matt Elloiott ... lets keep building.

F**K 'em. I say we steam roll a practise run, tell the players we have be f**ked up by the club and ask them to tell Don Furner to give us a break.

Yes, far fetched but you blokes know deep down 3-6 players would back us. They love having us home and away.

Jed, you know better than anyone when the SGB was in full swing they got you blokes in the sheds against the Tigers when they won away, they love the diehards.

Thoughts?????

Sully

Juniors
Boing..

True but that was Super Cross, Rubbish Gaffa Tape and Thommo who would not know his old man at the best of times.

Im not worried.

Copa

Bench
Boing Boing said:
Hahaha, so true.

I can think of other supporters groups which get punlic acknowledgement and financial support from their clubs: WTF, Crusade, Chookpen, Sharks book club.

We get f**k all.
You get dirt cheap tickets. $100 for all home games is a steal.

jed

First Grade
Sully said:
Jed..

Mate, I admire youre commitment but "build next year"... you've been hanging around Matt Elloiott ... lets keep building.

F**K 'em. I say we steam roll a practise run, tell the players we have be f**ked up by the club and ask them to tell Don Furner to give us a break.

Yes, far fetched but you blokes know deep down 3-6 players would back us. They love having us home and away.

Jed, you know better than anyone when the SGB was in full swing they got you blokes in the sheds against the Tigers when they won away, they love the diehards.

Thoughts?????
Definitely I agree, but if our numbers decrease again like they did in the 2nd half of the season, we'll never get anywhere with the club, irrespective of how committed the diehards are. However, if the team's performances improve (include keeping our players fit and on the field) we'll increase in numbers - that's a huge bargaining chip to take to the club.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Im both, principle and cash
im on 120 a week atm, i cant afford to scratch my nuts if i want to go to a game or a drink with my mates, so the cheaper the better for me, and the fact as stated above all thats being asked if for a deal that can help attract numbers to the RA, which will mean more support and atmosphere for players... not too much to ask

woodgers

Bench
Nick, if you and Soulsy get down to Canberra early enough each week, I will buy the drinks for you to have before you go to the ground even if I won't be there. I would also love it if guys like Thickos and Jed met me before going to the ground, it would make me feel like I am still a part of it.

Don't forget I will be at the Warriors game in round 6......I have to start the Ruben chant...what a hero.

I may still attend away games as well because the honest truth is that while I want to protest, I love footy and you blokes.

thickos

First Grade
woodgers mate... have you sent something to the club informing them of your protest? I really hope it works.

We love ya too mate :D

Raider_69

Post Whore
woodgers said:
Nick, if you and Soulsy get down to Canberra early enough each week, I will buy the drinks for you to have before you go to the ground even if I won't be there. I would also love it if guys like Thickos and Jed met me before going to the ground, it would make me feel like I am still a part of it.

Don't forget I will be at the Warriors game in round 6......I have to start the Ruben chant...what a hero.

I may still attend away games as well because the honest truth is that while I want to protest, I love footy and you blokes.

Sounds like a plan to me ;-)
aslong as i do the drive up there, the offsider chick i bring can do the drive back, she is underage and cant have a drink anyways :lol:

jed

First Grade
woodgers said:

I normally head straight to the ground to see JF and PL, but I'll see about skipping that every so often.

Checked out the draw, looks like I'll be at all but 2 games next year, assuming my funds hold up.

SOULS 04

Juniors
hey woodgers... im hoping to be living in canberra by the time the season starts... is that early enough :)

Raider_69

Post Whore
pending job commitments and alike i should be able to make all sydney game and any sunday canberra games, saturday night is starting to look worrying to get to, should be able to sqeeze a few in thou

exception the return game of Wiki and im f**king gutted ill probably miss that :(

Latest posts