What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Segeyaro Gate

Phil Gould, as good a judge of RL cattle as any, made the call that it wasn't going to happen at Penrith. .
Phil Gould gets more wrong than he gets right. Fact.
The only reason he was recognised as a great NSW coach is because Johns & Fittler.
The only reason he was good Coach in the NRL was good cattle at Dogs & the best cattle at Pennys that year.
But with all of that knowledge, he couldnt get the over the cap Roosters over the line or even close.
Enter Graham Murray & Ricky stuart. Better blokes & better coaches.
Goulds strength is time. Time in the game. He knows where all the "actors" fit & he plays them off against each other, to ensure his own safety.

TheFrog

Coach
Griffin is an assistant coach at best. Clearys team was decimated by injury. Griffin now has the players Cleary developed. including his own son ffs.
Nathan Cleary would still be in Under 20's if Ivan was still the coach.

Sorry mate, Griffin took a Penrith side from missing the finals to making the finals in his first year. No other coach in 50 years has done this. Not a dang one. You seem to think you are a better judge than Phil Gould, I believe he's pretty well paid, maybe you should apply for a job as a football club manager.

Last edited:

YTSharks

Juniors

Sorry mate, Griffin took a Penrith side from missing the finals to making the finals in his first year. No other coach in 50 years has done this. Not a dang one. You seem to think you are a better judge than Phil Gould, I believe he's pretty well paid, maybe you should apply for a job as a football club manager.
Interesting opinion

Surely

Post Whore

Flanno took the sharks from last to 6th in a year

Maybe Ivan would have done the same

You seem to think you are a better judge than Phil Gould, .
Who knows, i probably am. The one thing for sure is that nobody knows what Gould thinks, with the exception that he thinks of everything. He makes so many calls on a daily basis, you cant remember or even guess just how many got wrong because he jsut fired 4 more shots.
The guy is a fence sitting, machine gun approach opinionist. hes a shit CEO, a coward coach & hes a shit bloke.