What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Seibold

Spade

Juniors
What has this bloke done to warrant the Broncos job?

Before the Rabbits he led his QLD Cup sides to 9th, 9th and 8th.. 1st year rookie coach with nothing on his resume apart from 1 good year and he gets the best job in the NRL?

- not to mention the blokes absolute disrespect toward the Rabbits who too gave the bloke a opportunity on the back of nothing, only to f**k off after 1 year.

I myself hope its an absolute flop for the Broncos.

Fire

First Grade
I don't think that Seibold is a bad coach. I think it's the fact that Paul White is a risk taking CEO (and kudos to him for that).

Spot On

Coach
Again.... this is going to be wonderful to watch.

He inherited a very good side at Souths and I wrote that they should make the 8 with their squad before the season started.

He now inherits a squad with countless blokes on million dollar contracts and a heap of rep players plus Bennett has said they have the best crop of young forwards in their history coming through so he should do well there. He has the cattle.

But f**k the pressure will be massive should they perform like they have under Wayne.

Must win a comp up there very, very soon.

How much in total wages (cap and TPAs) do people think the Broncos squad share???12 million plus??

Also the biggest spend by the length of the straight on a football department in the NRL and no Premiership in what must seem like eons to Bronco's fans.

If he's any good the Broncs should be winning a comp in his first 2 yrs.

I mean..... they even have a Bronco logo on their dumbells FFS.

Lift you merkins!

Last edited:

The Rosco

Bench
Again.... this is going to be wonderful to watch.

He inherited a very good side at Souths and I wrote that they should make the 8 with their squad before the season started.

He now inherits a squad with countless blokes on million dollar contracts and a heap of rep players plus Bennett has said they have the best crop of young forwards in their history coming through so he should do well there. He has the cattle.

But f**k the pressure will be massive should they perform like they have under Wayne.

Must win a comp up there very, very soon.

How much in total wages (cap and TPAs) do people think the Broncos squad share???12 million plus??

Also the biggest spend by the length of the straight on a football department in the NRL and no Premiership in what must seem like eons to Bronco's fans.

If he's any good the Broncs should be winning a comp in his first 2 yrs.
Well there's an equal amount of pressure on Ivan Bullshit morals Cleary to win a comp at the 'Riff within 2 years max. Big squad, big expectations. And Gus'sss reputation.
So, logically, we know the 2019 and 2020 premiers already.
Somebody needs to PM Albert straight away !!

BrisVegas

Juniors
When Seibold was first linked to the Broncos job earlier this year I was curious why the club was interested in him. I found that this article that he had written for Player's Voice to be a good insight into his thoughts on coaching:

Anthony Seibold: The Value of a Growth Mindset

I'm optimistic that he will be a success at Brisbane.

Spot On

Coach
Penrith are mess imo with Gus overseeing it.

I think that has been proven.

Maybe if the coach is left to coach it can be different.

But the meglamaniac would have to step away - right away.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Brisbane must be crazy staking their future on Seibold.

He is absolutely unproven at this stage. All he has to his name is a very good mid season run; after which his team was found out big time. Their vaunted attack wouldn't have scored a try against us if the game was still going...

Even Kevin Moore had a great debut season. He took the Dogs to week 2 of the finals in 2009 and then was puss in 2010 & 2011. Freddy's first season was great too.

It's not uncommon for rookie coaches to have a good honeymoon period only for it to go south once familiarity sets in and the opposition has had the opportunity to study your methods.

So this is indeed a huge risk by Brisbane and I think it'll fail spectacularly.

Spade

Juniors
Brisbane must be crazy staking their future on Seibold.

He is absolutely unproven at this stage. All he has to his name is a very good mid season run; after which his team was found out big time. Their vaunted attack wouldn't have scored a try against us if the game was still going...

Even Kevin Moore had a great debut season. He took the Dogs to week 2 of the finals in 2009 and then was puss in 2010 & 2011. Freddy's first season was great too.

It's not uncommon for rookie coaches to have a good honeymoon period only for it to go south once familiarity sets in and the opposition has had the opportunity to study your methods.

So this is indeed a huge risk by Brisbane and I think it'll fail spectacularly.

Rookie coach with a 8th, 9th and 9th place finish in the lower comps makes no sense, he inherited a bloody good team at Souths, the previous year they were without GI all year and there halfback constantly got injured. Still 100% unproven as a First Grade coach.

Tommy Smith

Referee
When Seibold was first linked to the Broncos job earlier this year I was curious why the club was interested in him. I found that this article that he had written for Player's Voice to be a good insight into his thoughts on coaching:

Anthony Seibold: The Value of a Growth Mindset

I'm optimistic that he will be a success at Brisbane.
That article is one of the great self promotions of all time.

He used the word "I" about one hundred times. Not much talk about the Rabbitohs.

It's now easy to see why he flicked them aside on a whim.

A stark contrast to Trent Robinson's Player's Voice article where he used the word "we" and talked about the Roosters community of 208 that won the comp.

insert.pause

First Grade
That article is one of the great self promotions of all time.

He used the word "I" about one hundred times. Not much talk about the Rabbitohs.

It's now easy to see why he flicked them aside on a whim.

A stark contrast to Trent Robinson's Player's Voice article where he used the word "we" and talked about the Roosters community of 208 that won the comp.
On a site called “Players voice”... it’s intended to be written about themselves!

Tommy Smith

Referee
On a site called “Players voice”... it’s intended to be written about themselves!
Written by themselves; not necessarily about themselves.

It just read as a cover letter.

There's nothing inherently wrong with that. He's obviously an intelligent man.

I just couldn't imagine a Bennett, Bellamy or Robbo type choosing to write about themselves to that extent. They'd be more inclined to write about the club as a whole.

Again, nothing wrong with that. It's just that his choice of topic makes it easy to see why he was so quick to leave Souths for his own pursuits. He clearly doesn't hold the club dear to his heart.

Last edited:

Spot On

Coach
Geez, read the article from above.... KPIs and Victoria's Secret???

Did the Bronco's Board read that dribble before employing him???

Bennett must shake his head at that stuff.

He certainly has spent a lot of time learning that a group needs to train hard and play for each other to have success.

Would have cost him a packet to find that out.

BennyV

Referee
I’m glad they went with Seibold. Means Demetriou is still a potential for Dragons in 2020!

Other than that, watching this blow up in the Broncos face is going to be awesome! Seibold seems a decent coach but the pressure on him is comparable to that on Cleary.

Latest posts