What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Selectors Name Australian Squad

Do You Like The Looks Of The Team

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

skeepe

Immortal
That's a terrible team. What do the Raiders have to do to get players selected? If Schifcofske hasn't been going better than Minichiello this season I'll dead set give it away.

Big Mick

Referee
Likely Team from that:

1. Anthony Minichello
2. Matt Sing
3. Willie Tonga
4. Shaun Berrigan
5. Billy Slater / Luke Rooney
6. Darren Lockyer (Captain)
7. Brett Kimmorley
8. Steve Price
9. Luke Priddis
10. Luke Bailey
11. Craig Fitzgibbon
12. Nathan Hindmarsh
13. Tonie Carroll

14. Craig Wing
15. Andrew Ryan
16. Petero Civoniceva
17. Jason Ryles / Ben Kennedy

m0j0

Bench
Darth Bobo said:
Mr Angry said:
I thought Matt Sing retired from rep stuff?

He did, anybody know what's the go with his selection?

Not that he doesnt deserve it, always liked Sing in rep teams.

There was some story I was reading this morning that said he would give them until a few hours before the side is named to tell the selectors whether he'd be available or not. I'll see if I can find the story.

aids

Bench
it's rubbish that bell, king and whatmough didn't get mentioned.

i'll be a kiwi for a day then.

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
to quote wayne pearce the other night 'covell could just be the best winger ever'. peachey deserves to be in the squad, minichello is a cat. and stephens and gallen r the form forwards of the comp

aids

Bench
skeepe said:
That's a terrible team. What do the Raiders have to do to get players selected? If Schifcofske hasn't been going better than Minichiello this season I'll dead set give it away.

Wesser, Schifisofske, Slater, Hodgeson, Peachy, Stewart and Patten are all better players than Mini at the moment

skeepe

Immortal
Damn, he got me. I doubt this is the team as it said Willie Tonga wasn't considered because of his illness.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Kiwi said:
Big_Bad_Shark_Fan said:
What a joke
selectors are rigged
only 1 sharks player wat a joke
covell, gallen, peachey and stephens should feel robbed

Shoot yourself in the head if you think those 4 derserve to play for australia.

agreed

Not that its surprising but like 03 Canberra again sit atop the ladder and continue to be snubbed
IF schif didnt completely out play Minichello yesterday then im the new pope!

Kiwi

First Grade
Big_Bad_Shark_Fan said:
to quote wayne pearce the other night 'covell could just be the best winger ever'. peachey deserves to be in the squad, minichello is a cat. and stephens and gallen r the form forwards of the comp

To quote every other person who watches league other than yourself who heard him say that, or just read it now....

"yeah rightio you f**king idiot"

Pierced Soul

First Grade
weird shit.... they've gone for experience over form (not that thats so surprising). A few shock ommissions but really, players like covell who have had 2 good games cant be expecting a call up :roll: you might as well pick stu kelly...

gower ahead of orford #-o

players who have played little or no games picked #-o

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Darth Bobo said:
Mr Angry said:
I thought Matt Sing retired from rep stuff?

He did, anybody know what's the go with his selection?

Not that he doesnt deserve it, always liked Sing in rep teams.

Agreed I have no issue, Matt is a great player, but like I am still wondering what's doing. Shortest retirement ever.

Big Mick

Referee
Pierced Soul said:
weird sh*t.... they've gone for experience over form (not that thats so surprising). A few shock ommissions but really, players like covell who have had 2 good games cant be expecting a call up :roll: you might as well pick stu kelly...

gower ahead of orford #-o

players who have played little or no games picked #-o

I don't know why people are spewing over Gower, he aint gonna play.

Kimmorley will be half.

Red Bear

Referee
Orford should be there. Tony Carroll??WTF? Ash Harrison or someone more deserving should be there. What Tonga and O'Meley done this year?
f**k that team, its rbbish.
However glad Baily is there, best prop in the NRL

Timbo

Staff member
Just a question, do people think that the following team would have a claim to have players named in at least the preliminary squad? This team has/is:

-Defeated two pre-season title favourites
-The competitions top point scorer
-The only undefeated team in the competition
-The competition lead
-Several incredibly in form players

I'd say that team deserves a few players.

Do you know who it is? Of course you dont. BECAUSE ONCE AGAIN THE REP SELECTORS TOTALLY IGNORED CANBERRA!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

TigerMo

Juniors
Matt King robbed yet again, he is the form centre in the comp. He deserves to make the Top 17, yet he can't even make the 23 man squad. Not surprised Berrigan got selected over him. :roll: