What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Selectors Name Australian Squad

Do You Like The Looks Of The Team

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Darth Bobo

Cheers for that m0j0

nospam49 said:
I expect the Kiwi side to be one of their worst teams ever.

Yet it had the potential to be a great side but losing your backrow (Sonny-Bill and the 2 Panthers) and Wiki's annual suspension is going to hurt thier cause.

With the likely Kiwi line up having a few Tigers in there a small part of me will be going for the sheeprooters this year.

Azkatro

First Grade
weasel said:
wtf is Matt King? :x

A person.

And it's a bit rich to suggest a team should suddenly magically have international players because they've won four games against mediocre opposition.

Razor

Coach
despite being top of the table, not one raiders player

But who would you pick? None of them deserve it. As a team, they're going better than other sides this year, but you can't say the individual players in that team are going better than other players.

skeepe

Immortal
Azkatro said:
weasel said:

A person.

And it's a bit rich to suggest a team should suddenly magically have international players because they've won four games against mediocre opposition.

Interesting attitude you have there Azkatro. Why are the teams we face only mediocre when we are facing them?

The following is the attitude typical of most fans this year:

Round 1:
Melbourne thrash Knights - Melbourne are awesome
Rabbitohs compete with Roosters - Rabbitohs are going to go well this year
Bulldogs beat Dragons - Dragons would have won if they had faced any other team.

Round 2:
Melbourne thrash Dragons - Melbourne are going to be premiers
Rabbitohs thrash Eels - Rabbitohs are definately mid-table propositions at worst
Roosters beat Panthers - Roosters are going to be hard to stop again
Raiders thrash Knights - Knights are a poor team, Raiders did nothing special

Round 3:
Broncos thrash Roosters - Broncos are simply awesome, Roosters still a team to contend with
Manly beat Melbourne - Manly are going to be premiers
Raiders beat Rabbitohs - Rabbitohs were pathetic and the better team on the day, Raiders lucky to win
Panthers beat Dragons - Panthers showed shades of 2002, should be a contender yet again.

Round 4:
Tigers beat Roosters - Tigers are simply awesome this year and have proven themselves
Cowboys thrash Knights - Cowboys show why they are premiership contenders
Warriors thrash Rabbitohs - Warriors simply awesome.
Raiders thrash Dragons - The Dragons can't get much worse, they were pathetic.

Round 5:
Raiders beat Roosters - Roosters are mediocre this year, Raiders haven't proven anything yet.

I know it shouldn't matter to me what anyone else thinks, but can't you people see how stupid you look?

skeepe

Immortal
Razor said:
despite being top of the table, not one raiders player

But who would you pick? None of them deserve it. As a team, they're going better than other sides this year, but you can't say the individual players in that team are going better than other players.

Yes you can. Clinton Schifcofske and Jason Smith are two of the form players of the competition.

panthersballboy

Juniors
looks like Bennett got the team he wanted. For the panthers the one that deserved it the most isn't there, Rhys Wesser!!!

Ari Gold

Bench
Edwahu said:
OVP said:
Id like to see Jason Smith at lock. I bet the Qld selectors think the same way too.

Id say if Lockyer is 5/8th then Carroll will be lock. I reckon if Smith keeps his form up they might think about moving Lockyer back to fullback though.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

you must be 5 years old. Why would you move the World's Best Five Eighth back to Fullback when you already have Wesser, Slater, Schifcoske, Hunt etc who are all amazing fullbacks?

Wesser and Schifcofske deserved no.1 way before latte boy, ffs, wesser owns minichiello atm and Schifcofske completely outclassed him yesterday, both wesser and schifcofske have every right to feel ripped off at the blatant bias when it comes to australian selections this time around, its clear that unless you play for the broncos or roosters you have no real chance of getting any sort of football, even if you are leading pointscorer having played one less game than everyone, been in the best form of your career, and been one of the form players in this topsy turvey comp so far, how f**kin pathetic.

borat

Bench
Azkatro said:
weasel said:

A person.

100% spot on.

With only 5 rounds played before selection of this squad the selectors were always going to go with experienced players who can perform at this level rather than inexperienced players showing good form in 5 club games.

skeepe

Immortal
borat said:
Azkatro said:
weasel said:

A person.

100% spot on.

With only 5 rounds played before selection of this squad the selectors were always going to go with experienced players who can perform at this level rather than inexperienced players showing good form in 5 club games.

Who would you prefer borat? An inexperienced test player who has been in scintillating form, or an experienced test player who has been below average at best all season?

I know who I'd choose, and it wouldn't be the experienced player.

Sun_Down

Juniors
No Orford?? This will inspire him to leave Melbourne, which is unfair..

Yet Minichello who has been the shittest fullback all year gets a spot??

Where, King, Wesser??

Latest posts