1. Out Now:

The next edition of our exclusive weekly online e-magazine is here. The Front Row is your ideal guide to NRL Round 13 and Super League Round 8, with news, features, results, reports, teamlists, match stats and previews to accompany your weekend of footy viewing ahead.

This week's feature story is a history piece from Andrew Ferguson, with an insight into the life of the man who refereed the first NSWRFL first grade match in 1908 - Ted Hooper.

There's all the regular bits - the crossword and word jumbles, last week's wrap of results, reports, the ladder, stats leaders, match review and player of the year; plus your match program, with teamlists, player stats, head-to-head stats, match info and a full preview of every game of the NRL. There's also a detailed Super League program section.

EDITION 11 - OUT NOW!

Guest, click here to read online or download your free PDF copy

Semi final - Parra v Storm LIVE GAME DAY thread 21/9/19

Discussion in 'Parramatta Eels' started by TheParraboy, Sep 21, 2019.

1. I'm a loser baby...

I'm a loser baby... Referee

Cool Runnings would do.

2. Happy MEel

Happy MEel First Grade

Mate, Drown was our best tonight by a long way and Mahoney was in our top 5. They are a shining light and we are golden with them in our spine. Evans is absolutely fine in a strong middle forward rotation, which we should have next year, but we do need to replace Mau

Eelementary and Joely01 like this.
  3. IFR33K

IFR33K Coach

F^*k, you’re optimistic

4. Chipmunk

Chipmunk Coach

I think Drown and Mahoney are both great and going to be great, but if we want to be a Premiership contender in 2020, with Moses and Gutherson as our other spine players, that it probably isn't going to be possible with these two BOTH in those positions next season.

Evans is rubbish. He wasn't required at the current Premiers and current Premiership favourites to reach that position.

5. Chipmunk

Chipmunk Coach

Just tell things how I see them, like everyone else on here.

Eelogical likes this.
  6. hineyrulz

hineyrulz Post Whore

It was boys against men, just showed the difference between us and the top sides.

The boys tried their hearts out but the Storm are in a different league.

IFR33K likes this.
  7. TheParraboy

TheParraboy Moderator Staff Member

Go and see Rambo - last blood tomorrow

8. IFR33K

IFR33K Coach

Nah, we’re very slow. I love gutho, but he’s a snail. MJ has lost pace and sivo doesn’t look like a speedster.

9. Chipmunk

Chipmunk Coach

I'm actually surprised that people are surprised this was the case. We were going to need more luck than most teams in history have had to go anywhere tonight, and we certainly never helped our cause.

The Storm didn't win the Minor Premiership by 6 points and have a For and Against more than 270 points better than us by a fluke.

10. I'm a loser baby...

Will I have to take Voltaren in sympathy for Sly?

11. Chipmunk

Chipmunk Coach

Both players made plenty of the backs in the Broncos look pretty slow last week...How slow are they then?

12. IFR33K

IFR33K Coach

How slow? Not sure but they’re not quick.

And you’re reading too much into last weeks efforts. Broncos were drunk.

13. Jake the snake

Jake the snake Coach

Was wondering the same thing. What a tool

14. Chipmunk

Chipmunk Coach

It's actually pretty funny...in hindsight the biggest mistake we've probably made is beating Manly in the last round. If we hadn't would we have made light work of the Sharks like Manly did and also Souths last night?

I'd suggest in hindsight this was going to be the better option for week 2.

15. Chipmunk

Chipmunk Coach

Gutho and Sivo still had too much speed for the Broncos outside backs, irrespective of the result.

16. I'm a loser baby...

Credit to all the guys and girls who went down to watch the game tonight. Shit result but not too unexpected. Keep it up.

Parramatta1947 likes this.
  17. Djay

Djay Juniors

Coming down here today I always had in the back of my head that we could get flogged, and it became a reality. And that sums up Parramatta perfectly though, they never fill you with confidence and no matter what you never know what could happen.

Proud of what the boys have achieved this year after last years debacle. The issue is we now need to build on this but I remember 2 years ago exactly heading home from Melbourne in 2017 saying don’t worry next year we will get it, and that’s far from a sure thing with Parramatta, in fact seeing us win a spoon next year wouldn’t surprise me. Yea call me negative but it is the harsh facts with this club, yes the teams young and future stars like Mahoney and Brown will learn a lot from tonight but tonight was a prime example of boys against men. We have no idea how to handle big games against big teams on big occasions, totally overwhelmed. Tonight also showed just how badly we need some real punch in the middle with our forwards, they had us covered sideline to sideline and we needed to dent them in the middle but we just don’t have the forwards. RCG is a start but we seriously need another 2 atleast. I know we are going hard for atleast one more but tonight exposed our forward frailties. I’m sure the whole week was focused around having a good start, What did we do? We lost the ball on our first set coming out of our end. Followed by allowing Addo-Carr to run 70m and score an arsey try.

It just shows that are we really ever learning? 2 years on and what has changed?

Anyways I’m proud of what had been achieved, the boys came over and thanked us and that was good to see, our supporter base is great and I always say it, god help anyone the day we win, our fans are special. But in saying that it just seems like that day may never come, we are just miles off and judging off recent times i don’t know if that gap will ever be bridged.

Onwards and upwards to next year, who knows what is in store for us, I just hope we can build on what we have done this year.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2019
  18. T-Boon

T-Boon Coach

We did not play well or get allowed to play well. They just looked a lot better than us.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2019
  19. Poupou Escobar

Poupou Escobar Post Whore

If we just keep making the finals every year we'll be able to put together strong consecutive performances in finals matches.

In tonight's game we played the best team in the comp coming off a loss, and they put in their best defensive performance of the year. We started a bit nervy and by the 20 minute mark we were exhausted and unable to come back.

More experience will mean better starts more consistently. Especially more big game experience, which RCG will bring, plus if we start 2020 well we'll get some merkins in Origin.

Eelementary likes this.
  20. T-Boon

T-Boon Coach

I think the Roosters are the best team in the comp. well drilled plus individual brilliance. The storm don’t have that.