What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Semi final - Parra v Storm LIVE GAME DAY thread 21/9/19

Bazal

Post Whore
And who's fault was that? Had Paulo not dropped the ball, Evans not do a stupid shoulder charge, Sivo not dropped the ball coming out of our own we would have enjoyed much more possession. That as our doing.

When they had it they couldn't hold it, knowing full well all week the start as important, that's what they dish up. The whole you can't judge them argument doesn't wash, they were the makers of they're own destiny last night. No respect for the football, and always thinking pass first.

Well going around them didn't work. Like I said, you run at there small men just like they do to us, fatigue them, run them ragged. Holes will appear, it's pretty simple.

Going laterally last night with no punch was why we looked so awful in attack.
So it was errors and not the forwards?

I agree

Bazal

Post Whore
Anyone that thinks past matches from 1999 or 2016 has a bearing on a team's performance probably thinks that walking under a ladder or breaking mirrors is going to affect their lives lol. Haha What about seeing black cats at night :grinning::grinning::grinning:

Superstition is completely different to psychology and usually not backed by fact. Whuch you would have easily taken from my post if you had an IQ great than the average onion.

Why do teams hire sports psychologists, Chiefly Base?

Bandwagon

Staff member
No we lost that game because we had six sets with the ball in the first half hour.

How can the forwards provide any punch without the footy? You can't judge them either way, good or bad, without them actually having the ball.

Plus you don't beat Melbourne up the middle anyway.

Whilst it is true it's difficult to judge performance without possession, the game is also built on defence, and that's where you regain momentum. We only had those six sets partly because we couldn't defend our errors, and that starts with your pigs.

I think that showed in the second half, where we actually made more errors, but we defended them far better. Which is a credit to them, because the fatigue factor of no possession in the first half, and the three HIA's all at once completely f**king our interchange, not to mention losing Gutho, should've seen the Storm run right over us.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
If you can quote where I said "EVERY time" that might be correct.

If you can't then it's just classic argue everything Pou
You argued that the 2017 game was meaningless because it was less than a sample of 15.

The fact is they win more often during the season because they consistently have a better team than we do. They beat us more often in the finals (and more often than they beat us during the season) because they consistently have far more big game experience than we do.

We need to build to become that kind of team. Just hiring a better coach won't make it happen overnight. I'm keen to see how we respond next year. There are (obviously) three possible outcomes:

A. We comfortably make the finals, as we did this year and in 2017
B. We win about half our games and either scrape into the finals or narrowly miss out (as per 2014 or 2016 based on number of wins)
C. We shit ourselves and win 6-9 games, as per 2015 and 2018

I'm tipping B, but obviously hoping we can do A. If we can then a premiership is a possibility within the next few years. If we can develop a team roughly as strong as the Storm and with enough big game experience then we can beat the Storm in the finals. Or we might not have to, as was the case with the premiers in 2010, 2011, 2013 and 2014.

It's very exciting.

Bazal

Post Whore
You argued that the 2017 game was meaningless because it was less than a sample of 15.

The fact is they win more often during the season because they consistently have a better team than we do. They beat us more often in the finals (and more often than they beat us during the season) because they consistently have far more big game experience than we do.

We need to build to become that kind of team. Just hiring a better coach won't make it happen overnight. I'm keen to see how we respond next year. There are (obviously) three possible outcomes:

A. We comfortably make the finals, as we did this year and in 2017
B. We win about half our games and either scrape into the finals or narrowly miss out (as per 2014 or 2016 based on number of wins)
C. We shit ourselves and win 6-9 games, as per 2015 and 2018

I'm tipping B, but obviously hoping we can do A. If we can then a premiership is a possibility within the next few years. If we can develop a team roughly as strong as the Storm and with enough big game experience then we can beat the Storm in the finals. Or we might not have to, as was the case with the premiers in 2010, 2011, 2013 and 2014.

It's very exciting.

No I argued that a sample size of fifteen is better than a sample size of one.

Do you disagree?

_goParra

Juniors
we never had the mental toughness

I've been following this side since 2001. We have always lacked this, no matter who the coach is or the players are we never were a mentally strong side. We always shit our pants on big occasions.

As a parra fan we we never feel confident no matter who is our opposition.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Why do teams hire sports psychologists, Chiefly Base?
The same reason they sack coaches. Because they have to be seen to be doing something, even though making no changes could yield a superior result.

We could've sacked Arthur last year, and this year's fifth place finish would have looked like the new coach's doing. Merkins like to find a narrative after the fact. If they had an axe to grind beforehand they will likely centre the narrative around that. The human psyche is constantly fooled by randomness. We become convinced of causal relationships where they might never exist.

strider

Post Whore
Smith only deserved a fine for that ... same as walker

Im amazed at people up in arms about slapping resulting in 10 in the bin. IF you are going to outlaw punching, then of course you have to also outlaw any form of striking.

strider

Post Whore
Just saw that merkin Bellyache going on like a complete f**kwit when they did something he didnt want going for the 2 at 22-0 late in the first half ... FMD - lunatic - it surprises me people are so keen to work with him

And we thought BA was a bit worked up about the 2 vs Manly

Just saw that merkin Bellyache going on like a complete f**kwit when they did something he didnt want going for the 2 at 22-0 late in the first half ... FMD - lunatic - it surprises me people are so keen to work with him

And we thought BA was a bit worked up about the 2 vs Manly

Yep lunatic, but that’s why he has won premierships

IFR33K

Coach
Sivo has been charged and misses round one next season with an early guilty plea.

Smith copped a fine.

I thought sivo had his left hand/arm up. Isn’t that the argument they gave for the ponga shoulder charge on gutho???

I thought sivo had his left hand/arm up. Isn’t that the argument they gave for the ponga shoulder charge on gutho???

This is the NRL mate, they’ll change the rules as they go. Yep he had his hand up and it made contact at the same time as his shoulder

Kornstar

Coach
Yep lunatic, but that’s why he has won premierships

He has won premierships cause he was allowed to cheat for so long and build/keep the best of the best and then after the cheating still keep them and then we let them have a million dollar advantage over everyone anyways, legal or not he should be able to win premierships.

It's the advantages that the Broncos had and still have but the Broncos seem to be suffering for not actually having legitimate competition as they are the only show in town.

We are still not fit enough imo and therefore do not have another gear to go to when under the pump last night, if the possession was reversed in the first 30 last night doesn't anyone truly think it would have been 22-0 at half time to us? Not a chance, we are soft in too many ways.

As others have suggested though, we need to continue to make the finals to gain the experience and learn what it actually takes to win when the going gets tough........

TheRam

Coach
LOL.

K champ. How much did Dean Pay give you for the consult?

You're a hindsight hero and literally no one but a fellow genius in The Ram gives a pinch of Cam Smith's shit what you have to say.

You are obviously a merkin of a man with no tolerance of others differing opinions, which many times are meant tongue in cheek anyway and you know it. That speaks volumes to who you are.

I know you are hurting right now as we all are, but it is in these moments in particular that expose us to who and what we truly are. And what you are is a mean nasty loser.

TheRam

Coach
Are there any feelgood movies on? Or do I have to go searching for Planes, Trains and Automobiles?

Funny you should say that. At half time I put on a Hallmark movie, boy meets girl Xmas type. Did wonders for my misses and I. We cuddled on the lounge for the rest of the evening without a worry in the world. She gave me a little shove here and there on the occasions I'd let out a deadly or two though. But on summation, what a gal and what a night.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Gutted about the way we lost!! Stupid errors cost us the game!!

Let’s not forget, it was only Mahoney, drown and gutho 2nd finals match.

We made big improvements from 2018.

The side has huge potential and we are adding one quality forward and hopefully another one!!

The key now is to build on this year and make the finals again. And hopefully with some luck finish top 4. Can’t repeat 2018!!

Latest posts