What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Semi final - Parra v Storm LIVE GAME DAY thread 21/9/19

Soto

Bench
I felt like that when we played Canterbury in '09, and was more worried about the Titans a week later.
I'm also quietly confident about this game. There's an ever so slight chance that Melbourne have peaked already. Bellamy saying that he'd still be proud of their season if they lost. Some people saying he's taking the pressure off the players. but to me that's loser talk. I've never known him to talk like that before. I just see some signs, some little chinks in their armour. If we can match it with them until into the second half, I reckon they might panic a bit.
I hope we keep the ball in play as much as possible. They like to play structured. Dont let them settle into a rhythm. That's when they are at their best.
Move the ball around in attack, keep the offloads going. Race up in defence.
5 key players for them.
Cam Smith, Munster, Papenhuyzen, NAS, Kaufusi...if we control them we will go a long way to winning.
Plus our bench is better than theirs. Apart from Brandon Smith i think their bench is average...
Don't know why but wouldn't be surprised to see Brodie Croft and Curtis Scott both play..

Malabar Eel

Juniors
f&$k youse purple cheats...light them up.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Suitman

Post Whore
One thing we must remember is that the Storm are masters of wrapping the ball up in the tackle, so our ability to play Parraball with loads of offloads might be stifled somewhat.
I just hope the refs keep on top of their grubby play the ball tactics.

lingard

Coach
One thing we must remember is that the Storm are masters of wrapping the ball up in the tackle, so our ability to play Parraball with loads of offloads might be stifled somewhat.
I just hope the refs keep on top of their grubby play the ball tactics.

The refs probably wont. We have to be very pro-active in defence. Smother them as much as we can. I sense the Storm are under a lot of pressure and are just a tiny bit below par in terms of their self-confidence. If we can stay in the game until 15 minutes into the second half, I reckon the Storm will start making mistakes. We can still play Parraball, but we'll have to be a lot more patient and selective with it. We can do this!

Suitman

Post Whore
The refs probably wont. We have to be very pro-active in defence. Smother them as much as we can. I sense the Storm are under a lot of pressure and are just a tiny bit below par in terms of their self-confidence. If we can stay in the game until 15 minutes into the second half, I reckon the Storm will start making mistakes. We can still play Parraball, but we'll have to be a lot more patient and selective with it. We can do this!

Yep, agreed.
I think this is the best chance we've had to beat them down there. I also agree that all the pressure is on them.

Kornstar

Coach
The only way to beat Melbourne is to execute close to 100%, if you don't convert all your chances then you will fail.

There is no way we will run through them like we did the Broncos so if we are going to win it is going to be close and the entire team will need to be switched on 10 times more than last week.

Short of another embarrassment against them, this year has been spectacular and winning last week was important, going out in a well fought game against the runaway minor premiers is nothing to be upset about.

Interestingly the biggest margin the storm have lost by this year is 4.......that is unbelievable for a team that won 20 games, means that they are beatable but you must convert every chance you get.

Melbourne will come out hard and grubbier then normal as they know they need the advantage early. The referees will give them all the 50/50's and i expect a couple of controversial calls against us and there will be more wrestle let go in this game from them than normal.

They have earned their chance now they need to take it. I'm not nervous cause in my mind they've already been wrestled out of it but i hope it is as close as 2017 as taking those cheats all the way will give us all hope for next year.

Go the Eels!!

Latest posts