What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Semi final - Parra v Storm LIVE GAME DAY thread 21/9/19

GAME DAY!!!

QuickSmoothEidolonhelvum.gif

Chipmunk

Coach
The Storm coming off a loss is never a good time to meet them, as was shown earlier in the year when we played them.

Last week was definitely a highlight. Anything from here is definitely a bonus.

Bazal

Post Whore
Last week I was shitting bricks, this week I've shat a grand piano....

Realist in me says we're probably gone. But the optimist is already drunk and singing nonsense songs about what Bellamy does to Cam Smith when he puts the gimp suit on

Noise

Coach
Last week I was shitting bricks, this week I've shat a grand piano....

Realist in me says we're probably gone. But the optimist is already drunk and singing nonsense songs about what Bellamy does to Cam Smith when he puts the gimp suit on
Sounds like a potential chart topper. Post your soundcloud link

IFR33K

Coach
What’s the game plan to win fellas?

Play up the middle or spread the ball side to side?

Do we test their fullback with grubbers?

Gronk

Staff member
What’s the game plan to win fellas?

Play up the middle or spread the ball side to side?

Do we test their fullback with grubbers?
We have a superior 1 through to 7, so we just need to match them in the forwards, get 50% of the ball and have decent field position.

We have shown that the wrestle can be nullified but moving their forwards around.

If we are constantly getting tackled in the middle Cam will use his Jedi powers and slow down the ruck and cause errors.

So play smart, play a wide game and we can break them.

If we win this one I reckon it will be a game of a generation. This is our grand final.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I've been negative about th club's chances in games all season long - being a long-time Eels fan will do that to you.

But f**k it - we are going to teach those Storm wankers a lesson tonight.

And if I'm wrong, who cares? I believe our genuine Premiership window begins in 2020, anyway...

Up the Mighty Eels!!!!!!!

Last edited:

IFR33K

Coach
I was nervous last week, and for some strange reason I’m feeling confident today. Will be a huge upset if we pull it
off. Drown needs to take pressure off Moses if we’re a chance.

Gronk

Staff member
I've been negative about th club's chances in games all season long - being a long-time Eels fan will do that yo you.

And if I'm wrong, who cares? I believe our genuine Premiership window begins in 2020, anyway...

Agreed that our premiership window is now slightly ajar. I have always felt that for a normal team to win the comp (aka not including the teams with millions in TPAs) they need to have a roster that is playing way above their pay grade. That means the players on $6/7/800k need to be playing like million dollar players and they need to be supported by cheapies who are playing like $3/4/500k players. So we’ll need some merkins from reggies or 20’s to really step up and surprise everyone.

eel01s

Bench
I've been negative about th club's chances in games all season long - being a long-time Eels fan will do that yo you.

I'm with you buddy.