What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Semi Final Predictions

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Should they play the Storm I’d be prepared to back the winner from the other side of the drawer. Storm v Panthers will be like a gf & the winner would find it hard to backup.
Maybe but if Penrith treat that game like a final and somehow get over Melbourne they could end up playing a depleted Roosters in the final. Who knows but it was a hugely disappointing weekend of results so far.

Belta

Juniors
How the contact with the head rule applies really irritates me.

A Roosters player was falling and Proctor hit him in the head no more than 20cms from the ground. Verills just collected Kelly in the head with his shoulder as Kelly got bent over from a forceful low tackle.

Proctor…seriously…he can’t disappear. I’d argue Verills had no time to change his position. Neither tackle was deliberate foul play.

I do appreciate the health aspect behind the rule, but I really struggle with these kind of penalties.
Maybe I’m just a Dragons tragic. Most days I find it hard to enjoy watching and especially listening to NRL. As soon as I saw that incident I thought of when Sims was suspended when his shoulder made contact with an opposition players head. Same, same, if anything Verrils was worse. I laugh when commentators make a big deal about how there’s nothing in the tackle when it’s a player from another club, but when it’s Dragons, it’s instantly voiced how the players gunna be suspended and of course he does.

Not sure if the carry over points are a factor but it will be interesting if the Verrills incident is treated the same at the judiciary, I’d be surprised if it is.

Gareth67

First Grade
Poor old Ivan Cleary lost not only the game , but also had some rather harsh words to say about Wayne Bennett .

The dopey sod took the bait hook , line and sinker and Bennett is sitting back having a good laugh .

His boys are only 80 minutes away from a grand final berth ( wait , have I heard that before somewhere 🤔) and the panthers will be making plans for their mad Monday celebrations a bit earlier this year .

Mojo

Bench
Too late for a penalty crackdown now but they should next season

the ball is supposed to touch the foot isn’t it ?
Used to be but I understand that now the foot must pass over the ball (Ie; can’t just roll it between your legs). Rarely see penalties now for the not playing the ball ‘square-on’, or for moving off the mark or for touching the man playing the ball, or for not standing square as a marker. Sometimes the refs even stop play and tell the ball carrier to go back to the mark and play it again. Beats me! Basically, the ruck is pretty random, apparently in the interests of making it fast.

Mojo

Bench
Can anyone tell me why, when players stand at marker, they often point to their left or right?

DragonBorn95

Juniors
Can anyone tell me why, when players stand at marker, they often point to their left or right?
It's just the way there going to go once the ball gets played.. the markers talk too each other about who's going what side but the pointing helps the defensive line know which player will be inside them.. there's alot of talking that goes on in defence it's just another way of communicating without turning around

DragonBorn95

Juniors
Don't mean too revive a dead thread.. but why are manly almost odds on? I've got the roosters 12.5 + there's no way manly are gonna lap them tonight I don't understand why the roosters are paying $4 am I missing something? I can see manly being kept too under 12 points to be honest

dungay dragon

Juniors
I have just read Fox Sport and they have 2 articles about the rorters defeat , BUT nothing about Manly’s tremendous win .

It is a case of the journo’s having their tissues out having a good cry . What a pack of A-holes for not giving theSea Eagles any credit . 😡
need to be a little bit wary of the sea eagles form
yet to beat a top 4 side this season ..
but love the way they play , esp when Turbo is on

Gareth67

First Grade
need to be a little bit wary of the sea eagles form
yet to beat a top 4 side this season ..
but love the way they play , esp when Turbo is on

Could not agree more D.D , they certainly did hit a purple patch of form last night . The chooks were never in the match due to the Manly’s side’s sheer determination and of course yet another tremendous game from turbo .

However the roosters also appeared to be at the end of their tether , having many injuries to overcome the band-aids holding them together seemed to come off all at once .

Last night’s match and also the South’s v Penrith game both had the hallmarks of the way that semis of yesteryear were fought out - tough , uncompromising and in both cases the winner thoroughly deserved their victory .

I am wondering just which team in next weeks match - Souths and Manly will truly give the Storm ( if they should beat the Panthers ) a better run for their money in the G.F. ?

Last edited: