What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Semi Final Predictions

If only we could defend our line like parra did tonight, they played a lot better than I expected.
NRL has become like the English premier soccer league, made up of the haves and have nots. So predictable its become boring. Most of the lower ranked clubs have to try and bolster their squads with has been players or marginal talent. The only saving grace for the Dragons may be a few promising juniors coming through the system. The recent blogging about the dilemma of the Dragons and Wests is a symptom that the NRL salary cap and recruitment is flawed. I find the current state of the game somewhat of a let down.

TruSaint

Referee
If only we could defend our line like parra did tonight, they played a lot better than I expected.

Think Im in the minority, but I really enjoyed that semi.

I hope PVL can see that rugby league doesn't need 48 to 26 score-lines and as we saw last night, defence still wins games.

Great effort by both sides, took a few rookie errors by the d/h for Parra to allow the Pennies to hang on.

I know its cliche', but for mine, Penrith played their GF last night.

Dragon David

First Grade
The game has become shit!
The NRL have changed & introduced so many rules that it barely resembles a once great sporting battle.
I'm in agreement to some extent. What though is the feeling if it was the Dragons being top 4 every year? Would we be feeling the same or would we be feeling yippee every year even though the rules have changed and we do well?

I keep saying, those who follow the Storm, Roosters, Panthers, Bunnies probably don't think the game is shit.

mickeylane

Bench
Start of the year I did predict Storm v South GF and commentators have been saying that stats have proven that if a team got beaten by more than 50 during a season cannot make a GF...well both Manly and Souths have both been beaten by 50 during the season..

Trifili13

Juniors
Start of the year I did predict Storm v South GF and commentators have been saying that stats have proven that if a team got beaten by more than 50 during a season cannot make a GF...well both Manly and Souths have both been beaten by 50 during the season..
Although the stat of no team losing by 50 has ever won the comp, the big difference is that momentum in the game has never been so important as it is under the current touch footy rules. If a team goes without the ball for 10 minutes and the other team is able to score 2 or 3 tries in that time, the defending team is gassed and its basically game over and the score gets out of hand.

There is no longer any contest for the ball. Scrums are a joke with fullbacks and wingers packing into the second row, back rowers standing at 5/8, no onous to hold the hold as likely to get a penalty for a strip and you can't strike for the ball at the play the ball while at the same time the player just rolls it under his legs. I like however with less than a minute to play all players suddenly know to get to their feet, put the ball down and rake it back with their foot.

Gareth67

First Grade

Mickey maaaate , your wrong again , it is to be a Manly v Penrith grand final !

redv13

Bench
M
Manly haven’t conceded 50 this year

redv13

Bench
Think Im in the minority, but I really enjoyed that semi.

I hope PVL can see that rugby league doesn't need 48 to 26 score-lines and as we saw last night, defence still wins games.

Great effort by both sides, took a few rookie errors by the d/h for Parra to allow the Pennies to hang on.

I know its cliche', but for mine, Penrith played their GF last night.
Agree. Best 2 games this finals series: Souths 16-10 vs Penrith and last nights 8-6 game.

Inisai Toga

Juniors
I'm in agreement to some extent. What though is the feeling if it was the Dragons being top 4 every year? Would we be feeling the same or would we be feeling yippee every year even though the rules have changed and we do well?

I keep saying, those who follow the Storm, Roosters, Panthers, Bunnies probably don't think the game is shit.
I have mates that follow Souths and Easts and think it's not as good!

Dragonslayer

First Grade
The 2 master Bennett v Bellamy in the GF, it most probably wouldn't happen again, the 2 best coaches head to head for the big prize. Absolute broadcasters and NRL dream.

Now that would be a more than the game, especially the week leading up to it.

Dragon David

First Grade
I have mates that follow Souths and Easts and think it's not as good!
Fair enough, but I'd be one happy person if I was a Roosters or Bunnies fan at the moment even though the Roosters have bowed out, they made the finals without many important players all year.

For the past umpteen years we have in way gotten used to being one of the mad Monday teams after round 25. I appreciate that the way the games are run and all the new rules that have been introduced might be putting people off league and many might think that it is a shit game now, but I'm talking about how those fans following the top 4 teams are feeling compared to what we are feeling finishing out of the finals.

Gareth67

First Grade
my post was really about a team that had lost by more than 50 points reaching the GF... which will happen..

Apologies Mickey , I thought that was whom you believed was to be in the G.F. although I also realized the point that you were making .

Latest posts