What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Semi Final Predictions

DragonBorn95

Juniors
Souths for the premiership this year.. not much else too say.. alot of expectation on Penrith.. Souths have more experience in finals which will be the reason they win by 10+.. hoping for a good game either way..would love to beat the premiers in the charity shield next year 😜👍

be55

Juniors
My heart says Souths but the head is saying Penrith...The Panthers were the best team by far during the regular season last year and fell at the last hurdle...You don't always get a chance to right the wrongs so quickly and i think this will be a huge motivating factor for them...They come through the best form lines in beating the Storm and i think that defensively they have what it takes to shut down the Bunnies left side attack. I think they will really target Walker in defence and i think they have the forward pack to do the job...

Panthers 13+
First try scorer Matt Burton
Clive Churchill Kurt Capewell

But judging by my weekend on the punt so far, I'll be way off...

DragonBorn95

Juniors
Don't mean to play the bad guy but who is this singing these songs on channel nine? I'm only 26 so don't judge me for not knowing.. but the energy just isn't right for a gf.. looks and sounds like he has had 10 pints backstage to be honest

be55

Juniors
Possession will even up can't believe Souths are only down by 2.. Penrith have been all.over them
Spot on...Souths have been outstanding with the amount of ball they have had...Their left side attack can look unstoppable at times...Think it will be a close finish from here...Love Koloamatangi...would kill to see him in Red and White

Kolum Kid

Juniors
What a great game and result. I really didn't care who won but listening to Gould death riding Panthers all game he obviously has the shits cause they got rid of him I'm glad the penny Panthers won.

Gareth67

First Grade
Congratulations to the Penrith boys , Souths certainly made them earn their win .

And the Rabbitohs , well they played better than I expected and with a bit of luck could had come out victors .

But that’s the way of most grand finals , you must make the most of your chances - the Panthers did , whereas Souths did not .

Dragon David

First Grade
Souths beat Penrith a fortnight ago only just. Watch the Panthers turn it around next Sunday. They will be holding the trophy is my prediction and Wayne will leave the Bunnies without a grand final win since 2010.
I wanted Souths to win but my prediction was right. Souths had the unfortunate monkey on their back because they were beaten twice by 50 or more points this year and no team since 1908 has won the grand final losing by those scores in the normal season.

Penrith deserved to win.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
What an absolute kicking masterclass from Cleary. Joey or JT would have been proud of that. Busted shoulder but killed that with his cm perfect kicking. I can only imagine how good a fully fit Cleary would have played. He is special that was such a great performance and exactly what we have been lacking for us over the years. Easier to defend well when you can constantly pin the opposition in their own end and suck all the juice out of their tank. As they say attack is the best form of defence. I really enjoyed that game it was a cracker.

Dragon David

First Grade
What an absolute kicking masterclass from Cleary. Joey or JT would have been proud of that. Busted shoulder but killed that with his cm perfect kicking. I can only imagine how good a fully fit Cleary would have played. He is special that was such a great performance and exactly what we have been lacking for us over the years. Easier to defend well when you can constantly pin the opposition in their own end and suck all the juice out of their tank. As they say attack is the best form of defence. I really enjoyed that game it was a cracker.
Yes, Cleary's pinpoint kicking was the key in what was going to be a tough defensive game. The Panthers played their game similar to the two previous ones against the Eels and the Storm in that they kept the opposition in their own 20-30 zone for much of the games which made them run one out. In last nights game, the Bunnies changed had to do something with their attack and spread it out in desperation and Walker sent the cutout pass which was intercepted by Chrichton. That cutout pass was the turning point of the game and if not done, who knows, the Bunnies might have been able to sneak the win.

But Cleary certainly was spot on with his kicks.

Hopefully our boys can learn from this game. We have to improve our defence 100%.

Latest posts