What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Semi final vs Raiders

Copperhead

Juniors
Panthers v Raiders
7.45pm Saturday @ GIO Stadium

1. Matt MOYLAN (c)
2. Josh MANSOUR
3. Waqa BLAKE
4. Tyrone PEACHEY
5. Dallin WATENE-ZELEZNIAK
6. Bryce CARTWRIGHT
7. Nathan CLEARY
8. Leilani LATU
9. Peter WALLACE
10. Suaia MATAGI
11. Isaah YEO
12. James FISHER-HARRIS
13. Trent MERRIN

14. Sitaleki AKAUOLA
15. Jeremy LATIMORE
16. Chris GREVSMUHL
17. Zak HARDAKER
20. Moses LEOTA

soc123_au

Staff member
Great to be close to what would be considered this years full strength. Hopefully Waqa's shoulder is right.

tripster

Juniors
Great to be close to what would be considered this years full strength. Hopefully Waqa's shoulder is right.

Yeah, I was wondering about Waqa's shoulder. Other than Griffin saying at the press conference that it should be fine, I haven't heard anything.

I guess if he ultimately fails a fitness test Hardadker will come into the starting side and Leota will go onto the bench?

soc123_au

Staff member
You would think so. Still less of a disruption to what the Raiders are facing with Hodgson. Still Waqa has been on fire lately, he deserves to be there.

Waqa's shoulder is fine. If there was a problem we would have been told and he was moving around normally at the recovery session yesterday. He'll be sweet.

chrisD

Coach
Good defenders? Or ok defenders who've come up against a string of lacklustre attacks? I'm not sure, but I have faith.

I reckon we come up to Canberra at the right time. Hodgson won't be playing, Austin probably will but I think that loss may just deflate Canberra. I'll go us 19-12. Moyza MOM

Copperhead

Juniors
Stew Moses tweeted some facts about the impartial refs allocated our match.

Stew Moses ‏@TheRiffMarn 11h11 hours ago
#NRLRaidersPanthers STAT ATTACK @PenrithPanthers record under Ben Cummins 9W 23L - last win away from home - 2009 v Manly
Stew Moses Retweeted Stew Moses
Furthermore that win v Manly is the only win in 13 starts away from home under Cummins

#NRLRaidersPanthers STAT ATTACK @PenrithPanthers record under G Sutton 6W 8L but again just 1W away from home in 8 starts - v PAR 2011

Of course I wouldn't be accusing them of bias, or anything like that.

tripster

Juniors
Stew Moses tweeted some facts about the impartial refs allocated our match.

#NRLRaidersPanthers STAT ATTACK @PenrithPanthers record under Ben Cummins 9W 23L - last win away from home - 2009 v Manly
Stew Moses Retweeted Stew Moses
Furthermore that win v Manly is the only win in 13 starts away from home under Cummins

#NRLRaidersPanthers STAT ATTACK @PenrithPanthers record under G Sutton 6W 8L but again just 1W away from home in 8 starts - v PAR 2011

Of course I wouldn't be accusing them of bias, or anything like that.

Those statistics are incredibly bad. However, as a whole the team's general record away from home has been bad since the date those statistics start from. It would be much more relevant to know the statistics for 2016, or even from 2014 to date.

Panther Pete

Juniors
Having followed the panthers for 40-odd years I have been conditioned to expect the worst so I guess this weekend is no different for me. I just hope we can match them in the forwards and hang on to the ball. The paper today is reporting Hodgson is next to no chance of playing and Austin will know by tonight if he will make it.

mxlegend99

Referee
Those statistics are incredibly bad. However, as a whole the team's general record away from home has been bad since the date those statistics start from. It would be much more relevant to know the statistics for 2016, or even from 2014 to date.
Well without researching... the away statistics since 2014 are 0% wins since we haven't won under one ref since 2009 and the other since 2011.

No idea how many (if any) times we have played under either. But we haven't won away under either in that period.

TheFrog

Coach
Dogs were the worst top 8 side in the history of the NRL. We will need to improve at least 50%
They were good enough to win 14 of 24 and deserved their 7th spot. I can't think of any of their 14 wins when they didn't deserve to win, even against us. They tried to play to their strengths but we had them covered. I could name any number of teams worse than them that have snuck in....Manly in 2005 come to mind. Dragons last year too.

What I do agree with is that this is a tougher assignment and we need to be ready. If we improve 50% on Sunday, we'll beat Melbourne too.

Blues Riff

Bench
How about we get a Panthers chant going during the Viking clap? Let's show them some disrespect. It's a tribal sport, it's not like the clap is a religious ceremony or the ANZAC dawn service. It's war.
I almost found myself admiring Mick Ennis this weekend, but ..... nah.

Edit- Ha, just found this article in the Northwest Star. Make it happen.

http://www.northweststar.com.au/sto...ns-plan-viking-clap-ambush-for-raiders-clash/

Last edited:

Sleep

Juniors
All the stats were against the Panthers last week too. Our record against the Bulldogs is bad, our record at Allianz was bad.

At the end of the day, game still has to be played. Hodgson is a big loss for the Raiders and we're in the best form we have been all year.

panthersam

Juniors
Guys, just curious on which section of the stadium I should be buying tickets in for this weekend so that I am amongst the rest of the Panthers fans?

Great. If we did win this game we play Melbourne in Cronk's 300th game. Do we ever not play them when they have a milestone eg. Cam Smith's 300th 2015 Lost 52-10. 2014 Cooper Cronk's 250th Lost 18-17. ahah why will have to be extra good IF we get the shot