What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Semi final vs Raiders

franklin2323

Immortal
Every coach would've only used 16 players in a final...? OK, I've really heard it all now.

Anyway, like I said, it's done. Nothing I say will change the result.

as Yak said Bennett waited until extra time to use the 17th player. Sometimes the way the game goes you can't always give everyone a run as much as you would love to

Kilkenny

Coach
In my opinion the flawed use of the interchange bench was highlighted by the two late high tackles penalties incurred by JFH who was out on his feet. He get's a break mid game perhaps those two fatigued high tackles don't occur? Yes what if I know but I still having an unused bench forward is detrimental overall in my opinion.

franklin2323

Immortal
In my opinion the flawed use of the interchange bench was highlighted by the two late high tackles penalties incurred by JFH who was out on his feet. He get's a break mid game perhaps those two fatigued high tackles don't occur? Yes what if I know but I still having an unused bench forward is detrimental overall in my opinion.

when would you of given JFH this break? Just curious as Yeo went off with a head knock so Grevsmhl already played longer

Kilkenny

Coach
Being at the game I wasn't adding up how many interchange players we had used but I did say to my son during the second half JFH looked in need of a break. It was around the time we were coming back into the game and well before he was penalised for the two high tackles. It's academic now but I in my opinion Moses Loeta could have been good value for 10-15 given he is strong in hitting the ball up and a solid defender. JFH could have come back on for last 10 or so after having a spell. As I say it's all academic now.

maple_69

Bench
I think at the end of the day we flew into the finals on some hot form with a makeshift side. We didn't have the luxury of 6 months of preparing because we had to turn over half our side during the year. Griffin opted to go with the hot hand that had got us there. I think the danger was always going to be our plan b and c given where our side is at.

TheFrog

Coach
Being at the game I wasn't adding up how many interchange players we had used but I did say to my son during the second half JFH looked in need of a break. It was around the time we were coming back into the game and well before he was penalised for the two high tackles. It's academic now but I in my opinion Moses Loeta could have been good value for 10-15 given he is strong in hitting the ball up and a solid defender. JFH could have come back on for last 10 or so after having a spell. As I say it's all academic now.
Cummins would have just found some other reason to blow his whistle.

The stats we have with Cummins show he has a bias, this cant be argued. Like i said before i do believe Gus failed us by not putting the pressure on him in the media all week

betcats

Referee
Bellamy left Ben Hampton sitting on the bench for the whole game against the raiders, I don't really get it but there are many good coaches who do it when they feel its needed so I don't think its a big deal.

franklin2323

Immortal
Bellamy left Ben Hampton sitting on the bench for the whole game against the raiders, I don't really get it but there are many good coaches who do it when they feel its needed so I don't think its a big deal.

It's like I said above. That game was never in control by Storm there probably wasn't a time Bellamy felt he could inject him. Sad for the players involved fitter forwards these days often benchies don't get many minutes or even on