What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Semi Radradra: The Crystal Ball Thread

Will Semi be back or is he gone for good ? What's your prediction ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gronk

Staff member
Such a sad state of affairs - going from having players such as John Eales, Matthew Burke, George Gregan, Stephen Larkham, Toutai Kefu, to...I can't even name a current Wallaby player...and I haven't been able to for well over a decade...
Marika Koroibete is their best player.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
never minded watching the Wallabies but haven't really watched them for a while, they haven't been very inspiring

T.S Quint

Coach
I'm not a Union follower at all, but I've got quite a few mates who do.
One is a mad West Harbour Pirates fan. He doesn't really give a shit about the Tahs but watches the Wallabies as well.

He says it's so hard to keep the best young rugby kids in Australia. The Pirates will sign a young bloke who turns out to be very good, who then gets snapped up to go over and play in France, SA, Japan or the UK. They get more money over there, and it's a great opportunity for a young bloke to go play overseas. They aren't hanging around to play for the Waratahs, Reds, etc, and then move up to the Wallabies from there.

Union is broke and they can't afford to throw money at the grassroots level to keep the kids here. Also the ratings are way down (that happens when you aren't on free-to-air). Interest in the Wallabies is dropping massively as well because they are just no good.

Union in this country is on life support. It is hard to see Australia ever becoming a Union superpower ever again.

Buying up a few NRL players is not going to help.

King-Gutho94

Coach
I'm not a Union follower at all, but I've got quite a few mates who do.
One is a mad West Harbour Pirates fan. He doesn't really give a shit about the Tahs but watches the Wallabies as well.

He says it's so hard to keep the best young rugby kids in Australia. The Pirates will sign a young bloke who turns out to be very good, who then gets snapped up to go over and play in France, SA, Japan or the UK. They get more money over there, and it's a great opportunity for a young bloke to go play overseas. They aren't hanging around to play for the Waratahs, Reds, etc, and then move up to the Wallabies from there.

Union is broke and they can't afford to throw money at the grassroots level to keep the kids here. Also the ratings are way down (that happens when you aren't on free-to-air). Interest in the Wallabies is dropping massively as well because they are just no good.

Union in this country is on life support. It is hard to see Australia ever becoming a Union superpower ever again.

Buying up a few NRL players is not going to help.
Its also became an over-officiated sport.

Like i don't want to go to a sporting match and watch 2 blokes do goal kicking duels with penalties i have no idea for.

T.S Quint

Coach
Its also became an over-officiated sport.

Like i don't want to go to a sporting match and watch 2 blokes do goal kicking duels with penalties i have no idea for.

It was so funny listening to two of my mates talking about how Union "is more free-flowing than League. NRL is just so start-stop".

I mean, sure, the play basically stops to have a play the ball in our game after every play, but there's way more stoppages in Union.

I had to point out every time there was a lineout, every time a scrum had to be packed and repacked three times, every penalty (and subsequent 5 minute break to kick a goal), every time the ball was held in the ruck, etc.

They got sick of it after a while.

T.S Quint

Coach
Yeah they have had 3 stooges Bill Pulver, Raelene Castle, Hamish McLennan in the past decade running a sport.

No wonder its irrelevant.

Honestly, I'm not sure they could do much to have changed things no matter who was in charge.

I think the problems go back a lot further than when those three led the sport. Union has been a game that's behind the times for over 100 years (staying amateur whilst League broke away to become professional) and while it worked for them for a while, it's just slowly died without anyone really doing anything about it.

They did have a real opportunity back in the late 90's/early 2000's when the Wallabies were on top to change the game for the better and overhaul the grassroots level. But instead they sat back, boasted about their war chest and did nothing about it.

Latest posts