What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Senior Contracts??

Rolla

Juniors
While things are slow in the off seeason i thought i might ask you guys how the limit of 25 senior contracts works.(if this exists at all)

I was of the impression that under the ssalary caps clubs can have 25 senior first graade contracts. If this is the case whoo has ours?

here is a quick listo fwho i would assume to be included.
A starting side:

1.Gidley
2.Uate
3.Sau
4.Doogs
5.Vuna
6.Mullen
7.Scotty
8.Mark T
9.Degois
10.Cross
11.housten
12.Taia
13.Simpson
14.Faas
15.Hilder
16.Wicks
17.Patterson

The 5 from NYC:
18.Pete 19.Kev 20.Fruen 21. Mika. 22. Zane

Others i would assume to be on contract:
23: Wes 24:tolar 25:Evarn 26: Tovo 27:Marv 28: Jimmy 29: Mcdonnell 30:Lulia 31: Rogers 32:Ciraldo 33:Ndaira

And im sure to be missing a few.

Obvioously i have something (or a number of things) mixed up or wrong. Could anyone clear up the rule i am eluding to (Assuming such a rule exists)? As it has confused me for a while.
Cheers

seedy

Juniors
I it it works someting like this,u have your top 25 and they have to be under the $3.25m or $3.5m salary cap and then there is another $300-$500 thousand second teir cap for players over the age of 20.
Its interesting looking at your lists of like 32-32 players why so many,i would like to see afew fringe players let go in the hope thats extra money could be used to buy one better quaitly player.
The Knights squad looks good but is missing one or two game breakers!!

Rolla

Juniors
I it it works someting like this,u have your top 25 and they have to be under the $3.25m or $3.5m salary cap and then there is another $300-$500 thousand second teir cap for players over the age of 20.
Its interesting looking at your lists of like 32-32 players why so many,i would like to see afew fringe players let go in the hope thats extra money could be used to buy one better quaitly player.
The Knights squad looks good but is missing one or two game breakers!!

Makes sense mate cheers.

Interesting point but who would you ommit? It would need to be people in the first tier bracket if you wanted quality otherwise it doesnt free up any salary cap room. As a guess id say our 7 or so 2nd tier players would be the 5 from NYC, Tovo, and one more, so of the remaining 25 who would be left out to make room for 'quality'?

For mine Wes, Lulia, Mcdonell, ciro off the top of my head are all dead weight, offering little to the team in the way of value, performance or potential for improvement and future performance. However i dont know how much salary cap space they would free up (remembering if all four left, four more need to come in....not just one superstar)

Big Tim

First Grade
Makes sense mate cheers.

Interesting point but who would you ommit? It would need to be people in the first tier bracket if you wanted quality otherwise it doesnt free up any salary cap room. As a guess id say our 7 or so 2nd tier players would be the 5 from NYC, Tovo, and one more, so of the remaining 25 who would be left out to make room for 'quality'?

For mine Wes, Lulia, Mcdonell, ciro off the top of my head are all dead weight, offering little to the team in the way of value, performance or potential for improvement and future performance. However i dont know how much salary cap space they would free up (remembering if all four left, four more need to come in....not just one superstar)

hallelujah!!!

This point should be stickied or something.... people seem to forget this.

Johns Magic

Referee
hallelujah!!!

This point should be stickied or something.... people seem to forget this.

Definitely.

My pet hate is people saying "if we got rid of 8 guys on 50K a year we could sign Inglis." Unfortunately we'd only have 18 players in our top 25 then.