What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sensible rule changes for the Women

T-Boon

Coach
What sensible rule changes should come into existence in the womens game.
I would suggest 40/30 because, with all due respect, I cannot see 40/20s being kicked.
Lets put our heads together and have a good think about this.

siv

First Grade
U18s 9s should revert to 13 players

Or sidelines moved in 10m if only 9s

Reactions: kbw

Nuke

Staff member
I suggest leaving the rules the same as the blokes. Anything else and it then becomes patronising.

I suggest leaving the rules the same as the blokes. Anything else and it then becomes patronising.
What's your take on the 60 minute game? My biggest gripe in origin was it was too f**king short and these women could play

Nuke

Staff member
The Womens Origin was only 60mins?
As much as I wanted to watch it, I was out and missed it (and my recorder chose not to record it). Aptly, I missed the Womens Origin game because I was busy as Manager and Sports Trainer for my team's Womens Tackle game at that time (their games are Friday nights in WA). I was really annoyed when I got home and realised I couldn't watch it!

But to answer your question: again, keep it the same as the blokes. They're all adults afterall.

___

Juniors
The Womens Origin was only 60mins?
As much as I wanted to watch it, I was out and missed it (and my recorder chose not to record it). Aptly, I missed the Womens Origin game because I was busy as Manager and Sports Trainer for my team's Womens Tackle game at that time (their games are Friday nights in WA). I was really annoyed when I got home and realised I couldn't watch it!

But to answer your question: again, keep it the same as the blokes. They're all adults afterall.
You should be able to watch it on 9now. Download the app (it's free).

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Women's games at club level (at least in the NSWRL Premiership) are 30 minute halves so I don't see why having it at 30 minutes for Origin is an issue. Consistency is key

Pommy

Coach
I think they should get 4 points for defending their try line for a set of 6.
If every set of 6 that was defended resulted in 4 points the game game would have lots of points and thus huge TV ratings.
Also change it to a set of 3 and a half rather than 6, sets of 7 could be sets of 15 in the women’s game.

El Diablo

Post Whore
If every set of 6 that was defended resulted in 4 points the game game would have lots of points and thus huge TV ratings.
Also change it to a set of 3 and a half rather than 6, sets of 7 could be sets of 15 in the women’s game.

women's Topball

T-Boon

Coach
40/30 makes a lot of sense for the ladies for a similar reason to why they play for less than 80 minutes.
The main thing is is that it would be great to see the ladies take charge of their own rules.

T-Boon

Coach

I think you meant to put this in the stupid rule change idea thread.

T-Boon

Coach
In basketball the women use a slightly smaller ball because on average women have a smaller hand and the smaller ball makes the handling the same. So in WNRL if they are dropping the ball more it could be because it is actually harder to handle for them. Should we reduce the size of the ball for women, have they already done this?

The other thing about womens basketball is they have the 3 point line a bit closer. This is the same logic as the idea of making it 40/30.

Proud Footy Mum

Juniors
The women were playing 40 minute halves, up until a few weeks into the 2018 Comp, apparently due to some blow out scores. From most of the girls I know, they would have preferred it to be left at 40 minutes.

siv

First Grade
What has beeb the time durations for W-NSWRL last I beleive it was 40 min

T-Boon

Coach
The women were playing 40 minute halves, up until a few weeks into the 2018 Comp, apparently due to some blow out scores. From most of the girls I know, they would have preferred it to be left at 40 minutes.

If fatigue is an issue (which would be understandable since they dont have as much time to spend on their fitness being non professional) let them have longer breaks. Dare I say? have 5 minute quarter time break.

Proud Footy Mum

Juniors
Fatigue has never been mentioned as an issue, at any point. Its purely, because some of the longer established clubs, with the more experienced players, have been flogging, the less experienced ones. These girls, have been playing 40 minutes for ages.