What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sexiest Men in League thread for the Girls 2

wittyfan

Referee
001.jpg

Nikki

Coach
I have a new coffee table. I need to know where to buy a coffee table book such as this!! hahaha

wittyfan

Referee
Nooooo, Cooper's now taken. :( :lol:

Will Chambers finds his feet
Article from: Sunday Herald Sun
Steve Mascord

March 23, 2008 12:00am

0,,5949655,00.jpg

MEET Will Chambers, alias "Mrs Cronk".

"Some of the boys think we're going to get married," Melbourne half-back Cooper Cronk says, a little sheepishly.

Junior Kangaroo Chambers, 19, from tiny Nhulunbuy in the Northern Territory, is the man who is making more than a fist of replacing Matt King in the premiership side.

But, according to Storm teammates, Chambers is also doing a good job of being Cronk's spouse.

"There's not many other single boys left in the side," Chambers says, a tad embarrassed. "They have a go at us - it's all good fun.

"I moved back in with Cooper at the end of last year. At first, with him being a senior player . . . I found it a bit hard to find my feet."

Chambers was sent to boarding school in Brisbane by his parents, Donald Chambers and Karen Pelford, when he was 14.

"The main reason was my schooling," he says as he prepares for today's clash with Cronulla at OIympic Park.

Chambers tried a host of sports at Nudgee College before settling on rugby league. He was so good at it, it was soon time to move cities again.

"It was a pretty good stepping stone, getting away from my parents at a young age and then coming here (Melbourne)," he says of his boarding school experience.

"It helped me out a lot."

When he first arrived in Melbourne last year, he was billeted with Cronk - Australia's most recent Test half-- and promptly moved straight back out again.

"He stayed with me for three or four months and then moved out with one of the younger boys," Cronk says.

"He was a bit intimidated. He wanted to move out pretty quickly. (Ryan Shortland) moved on so now he's moved back in with me."

According to "Mr Cronk", the fact Chambers is no longer intimidated is a sign of his growing maturity and his ability to hold down a first-grade spot this season.

"I think he was a little bit intimidated, but now he's comfortable in his surroundings - on the footy field and at home as well," Cronk says.

"His confidence has grown, but he's not a cocky kid. He's very respectful. The best thing about him is that he's always got a smile on his face."

Such terms of endearment only fan the stirrers in the Storm squad.

"We've become pretty good mates," Cronk says.

"It's good having a young kid around the place. It takes my serious streak, or tension, away sometimes."

Born in Brisbane but raised in NT when his father got a job in the mines, Chambers remains in the shadow of Israel Folau, but consistently outshone him in the pre-season.

"The first time I came down here to train, I was only supposed to be down here three months," he says.

"This pre-season, I set myself the goal I'd like to play first grade all year. It was a driving point . . . pre-season is never easy, but I always had something to drive me every morning when I got up."

And then, of course, there was the motivation provided by watching what went on last year in the final week of September.

"It was great just watching that grand final and seeing the boys do so well," he says. "I'd love to be part of that."

It seems that one way or another, Chambers is determined he and his "boyfriend" will be wearing rings by the end of the year.

Source:
http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,23417062-11088,00.html

Hellsy

Immortal
That is funny..... because Cooper and Matty were best mates, and now Will has taken Matty's palce and Cooper has found a new best mate

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
witt1601.jpg

League: All about routine for dead-eye Witt
3:43PM Friday March 28, 2008
By Robert Lowe

The season might be new but New Zealand Warrior Michael Witt is continuing his hot goalkicking form of old in the National Rugby League.

The five-eighth has landed all eight shots at goal in the opening two rounds, despite having to tee up many attempts from wide out.

As he prepared for a trip back to former club Manly on Monday night, Witt's faith in his routine is such that he expects to see the ball go over the crossbar every time he lines up.

"Every time I set up for a kick, I expect it to go over and I'm dirty on myself it if doesn't," he said.

"I know that I've got the confidence in myself whenever I'm kicking. I know I can get it if I go through the process and do everything properly. Usually if I miss, I've done something wrong."

Witt, 24, kicked 62 goals from 67 attempts in his first season with the Warriors last year, a 93 per cent success rate which was the best in the league.

At one stage, he looked like he might threaten Bulldog Hazem El Masri's NRL record of 35 for consecutive successful kicks, getting to 28 before hooking one just wide.

Witt has avoided tinkering with his goal-kicking technique in the off-season, remaining with the tried and true.

"I'm pretty much just going through the same process as I always have and keep doing my practice," he said.

"I feel like I'm doing it alright at the moment. Hopefully I can keep going."

The Warriors head to Sydney's northern suburbs with a 50 per cent record from the first fortnight of the new campaign.

A defeat away to reigning premiers Melbourne was followed by a home victory over Parramatta last weekend.

Witt said the main reason for the change in fortunes was a reduced mistake rate.

"We cut out a few of our silly errors we made at crucial times in Melbourne," he said.

"We made error after error down there and they seemed to get on a run and a bit of momentum, and we couldn't stop that."

Manly, beaten grand finalists six months ago, are still looking for a win in 2008.

But their two defeats have both been close, and they were edged out only in extra time by Newcastle last weekend.

The Sea Eagles have been boosted by the availability of prop Josh Perry, who successfully fought a striking charge arising from the defeat to the Knights.

The Warriors have had to make a change to the line-up they had planned to field, with centre Jerome Ropati out with ankle ligament damage and replaced by Wairangi Koopu.

They will head to Brookvale Oval as outsiders with bookmakers and most tipsters, and Witt said the Warriors were bracing for a tough reception.

"Manly are a class side - they showed that with what they did last year," he said.

"I'm sure they'll be pretty unhappy with the way they've started the year and obviously determined to get a win. They love playing at Brookvale and they don't often lose two in a row there.

"They're going to come out firing. I think we'll be ready for that."

The match is the second Monday night fixture for the Warriors in three rounds and Witt agreed that the extra wait to get on the field could be difficult.

"The week seems to drag on a bit and you have to watch all the other games before you get a crack," he said.

"But having already played a Monday night game this year will hold us good stead."

Latest posts