What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SG Ball and Harold Matthews results

TheRev

Coach
Knights win they play Dragons
Steelers win the play Roosters
How can there be 2 outcomes from the same fixture.. Is this some sort of lower grade thing where Team #1 (the Roosters) play the lowest rank winner (from whichever game), which in this case could be #6 Steelers?

TheRev

Coach
Ohwell there goes the club rematch.. end of the day its good that the Steelers get to experience finals footy, who knows what they could have done at full strength.. they played half the season without their 5/8 and a few weeks without their halfback.. and im sure there are numerous others on top of Meafou.

Ohwell there goes the club rematch.. end of the day its good that the Steelers get to experience finals footy, who knows what they could have done at full strength.. they played half the season without their 5/8 and a few weeks without their halfback.. and im sure there are numerous others on top of Meafou.
Rematch will be the GF.

Steelers have their #1 halves combo of King-Togia and Kade Reed together again. 6 plays 3 so a big ask for the boys.

TheRev

Coach
Sitting on my holiday balcony listening to hula music by torchlight .. Refreshing tabs to the various dragons grades.. 1 bad 1 good result so far.

Not expecting a win tonight for SG with their injuries and togia just back from injury.. But.. Maybe a 40% chance? Def beatable opposition but they might some things to go their way. Let's hope =)

TheRev

Coach
King togia goes himself we would have started the game 6-0 up, having him outside reed with runners from there.. Deadly.

That said the knights r fast and deadly.. We need to stay well on top or they will run rough shot.

We are now up 4-0 again after another reed/kingtogia effort...dissapoonting missed conversion after rumble ran it around.

TheRev

Coach
4-26 at half time.. Feels like nearly every player for the knights is 1yr older.. Just a bit bigger faster and stronger...

Every time reed passes to King togia he is thru.. Just a bit rusty with his runners timing.. Though he could probably go himself.. Shame cause the few attacking sets we had he could have scored every time..

Ref not doing us any favours either.. Not looking good sadly.

TheRev

Coach
It's just a shame we didn't convert a few more opportunities and hence limit their lead in that 1st half.

Because we played better footy in the 2nd half, and they seem tired.. And we were full of beans.. But too late and a few errors chasing points.

Reed and king togia in everything.. A class above the knights halves.. A fraction rusty probably.. And that may have been the difference..

Rly interesting to see what they do with the 2 halves next week... Buchanan I dunno I still think he's too small for cup.. Just his age.. Surely he goes to JF though.

2 srs injuries with 3mins to go is not good, but season over anyway I guess.

Last edited:
4-26 at half time.. Feels like nearly every player for the knights is 1yr older.. Just a bit bigger faster and stronger...

Every time reed passes to King togia he is thru.. Just a bit rusty with his runners timing.. Though he could probably go himself.. Shame cause the few attacking sets we had he could have scored every time..

Ref not doing us any favours either.. Not looking good sadly.
Some clubs prioritise doing well in these comps rather than producing first graders. If you want to win the comp, you select big, early developers over small but promising players.

TheRev

Coach
What I was thinking too. Lots of errors and flimsy defense middle and on the line did not help the Steelers cause either.
They may literally be a year older too... I think Jeremy or one of the fellas was mentioning that a lot of kids in both these squads iirc were in the younger range meaning they'd could play a 2nd year of U19s next year...

In the case of the dragons forwards though, I think they will want to move them up quickly given many have dev contracts or even top 30 incoming.

Saints have gone in with the same 13 that played last match. Apart from our powerhouse pack which we have been praising all season, keep an eye on stand out backs in pocket rocket fullback Peckham-Harris, classy centre Craft-Te Moananui and leading comp try scoring wing Jesse Williams. The halves combo of Shadi Hammoud and Brandon Tikanau are also not be under estimated..

Last edited:
This is a semi clash between us sitting second on the ladder and them third. Both sides have lost only two matches and sit on identical 14 points. Saints have conceded less points while we trail fractionally in for points. Knights pipped us in the previous game, so we are after sweet revenge on Saturday.

justadragon

Bench
This is a semi clash between us sitting second on the ladder and them third. Both sides have lost only two matches and sit on identical 14 points. Saints have conceded less points while we trail fractionally in for points. Knights pipped us in the previous game, so we are after sweet revenge on Saturday.
You are right, they pipped us in the previous match but if I remember rightly we blew a considerable lead to let them win. Stay focussed in this game boys,,,