What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SG Ball and Harold Matthews results

getsmarty

Immortal
2019---ball---illawarra---tyrell-sloan_0621_1.jpg

JUNIOR REPS

2020 junior reps preparation on track
Author
Dragons.com.au dragons.com.au
Timestamp
Sun 22 Dec 2019, 12:02 PM

Both St George and Illawarra's respective junior representative teams have headed for the Christmas break after a solid build up on the training paddock that culminated in a recent intra-club trial.

After selecting their squads at the culmination of the 2019 season, both junior representative entities have been training since early November.

With squads of approximately 30 players, all six teams have trained up to four times per week and have been lucky enough to have the NRL assistant coaches attend many of their sessions.

"Having the likes of Dean Young, James Shepherd and Shane Flanagan come along to educate the boys and mentor us as coaches is a great experience. The standards that they bring and the technical knowledge they have passed on have been great," Illawarra Steelers Harold Matthews coach Jono Dallas said.

Returning to the Dragons ranks as a coach is former player Kyle Stanley. After a career cruelled by injury, Kyle is loving his time back at the club as St George's SG Ball coach.

"I didn't know what to expect coming in as a coach as it is my first experience, but I have been absolutely loving it," Stanley said.

"To be able to get back out there and be involved again, I am really enjoying it. Having the senior coaches involved has been an enormous help as well."

The Harold Mathews (Under-16s) and SG Ball (Under-18s) from the Steelers and St George trialled against each other last Friday night where there were plenty of positives displayed from both teams.

"Obviously the boys were a little rusty in a few areas, but I’m excited by what I saw," Dallas said.

"I think in the New Year we will continue to focus on the core skills in hope of yet another successful season”

Stanley added: "I saw enough positive signs to make me excited about the season ahead. The trials and competition start very early next year so we need to come back after the break and make sure we hit the ground running."

The junior representative competition begins in early March and both the St George and Steelers teams will play trials on January 18 and 25.

The Dragons are also currently looking for host parents in both the St George and Illawarra areas to support our up-and-coming junior players who are relocating to the area.

Host parents would be provided food and board for the players, with the costs subsidised by the St George Illawarra Dragons.

If you would be interested in being involved with this program, please email the club's Education and Wellbeing Officer Scott Stewart (sstewart@dragons.com.au).

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2019/12/22/2020-junior-reps-preparation-on-track/

footyhead1

Juniors
Willie's the JF coach, Mark Russell was coaching the St George SG Ball team last season.
Mark Russell has been appointed assistant coach at the Roosters Jersey Flegg. By all accounts he was tremendous last year, probably why higher coaching role has been offered.

Bench
We have a wealth of talent coming through the junior ranks by the time they are pushing to be the top grade in say 2 or 3 years and we have got rid of some of the players not performing then we will have enough left in the cap to go after and get some players of first grade experiience

George Dragon

Juniors
Steelers Squads
Harold Matthews Squad
Coach: Jono Dallas Asst Coach: Peter Hooper
Flynn ALLEN
Ethan CLIFF
Kynan CLOUGH
Sam COLGATE
Dylan EGAN
Taj FORD
Kane GRAHAM
Noah GUYATT
Te Umuariki HEREMIA-TUKERE
Harrison HIGH
Kyan HJALTASON
Callum LEIKVOLL
Zakariya MAARBANI
Paul MAHANIDIS
Michael MOUAWAD
Jahream CASTEO -NGARIMA
Jack QUINE
Bryden RUTLEDGE
Baily SASSELL
Balunn SIMON
Joshua SPECIA
Hamish STEWART
James WALSH
Ashton WARD

Tarsha Gale Squad
Coach: Daniel Lacey Asst Coach: Alicia-Kate Hawke
Teagan BERRY
Mollie BONHAM
Alivia BROWN
Keele BROWNE
Caitlin CLARGES
Jemma GALLAGHER
Tiana GRAHAM
Keeley KOPARA
Mackenzie LEAR
Salma NOUR
Jordyn PRESTON
Lily ROGAN
Riley SCOTT
Maddi SHOEMARK
Madi SINGLETON
Amy TIETJENS
Ula-mari TIME-CRIBB
Viena TINAO
Chantel TUGAGA
Rhiannon TUNGAI
Olivia VALE
Alexandra WALLACE
Teagan WILLIAMS

SG Ball Squad
Coach: Ben Linde Asst Coach: Adam Blake
Talatau AMONE
Trey BARLOW
Travis BARRETT-HANCOCK
Toby BOOTHROYD
Clive BRETT
Jayden BRODY
Syddarys CASSIDY
Josh CORIC
Tyson DUFF
Trent GRIFFITHS
Benjamin LAVENDER
Alex LOBB
Declan MANAGO
Brandon MORKOS
Jye PATTERSON
Tyrone ROBERTS
Jackson SHEREB
Tyrell SLOAN
Cooper TUNBRIDGE
Phoenix VETENIBUA-FINNERTY
Will WEBB
Jacob WEBSTER
Riley WOODEN

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Morkos looks like he has some potential and is playing up a year in SG ball.

Tyrone Roberts was in the NSW country 18’s side last year that toured the UK. Also playing some 1st grade in country footy.

footyhead1

Juniors
Steelers Squads
Harold Matthews Squad
Coach: Jono Dallas Asst Coach: Peter Hooper
Flynn ALLEN
Ethan CLIFF
Kynan CLOUGH
Sam COLGATE
Dylan EGAN
Taj FORD
Kane GRAHAM
Noah GUYATT
Te Umuariki HEREMIA-TUKERE
Harrison HIGH
Kyan HJALTASON
Callum LEIKVOLL
Zakariya MAARBANI
Paul MAHANIDIS
Michael MOUAWAD
Jahream CASTEO -NGARIMA
Jack QUINE
Bryden RUTLEDGE
Baily SASSELL
Balunn SIMON
Joshua SPECIA
Hamish STEWART
James WALSH
Ashton WARD

Tarsha Gale Squad
Coach: Daniel Lacey Asst Coach: Alicia-Kate Hawke
Teagan BERRY
Mollie BONHAM
Alivia BROWN
Keele BROWNE
Caitlin CLARGES
Jemma GALLAGHER
Tiana GRAHAM
Keeley KOPARA
Mackenzie LEAR
Salma NOUR
Jordyn PRESTON
Lily ROGAN
Riley SCOTT
Maddi SHOEMARK
Madi SINGLETON
Amy TIETJENS
Ula-mari TIME-CRIBB
Viena TINAO
Chantel TUGAGA
Rhiannon TUNGAI
Olivia VALE
Alexandra WALLACE
Teagan WILLIAMS

SG Ball Squad
Coach: Ben Linde Asst Coach: Adam Blake
Talatau AMONE
Trey BARLOW
Travis BARRETT-HANCOCK
Toby BOOTHROYD
Clive BRETT
Jayden BRODY
Syddarys CASSIDY
Josh CORIC
Tyson DUFF
Trent GRIFFITHS
Benjamin LAVENDER
Alex LOBB
Declan MANAGO
Brandon MORKOS
Jye PATTERSON
Tyrone ROBERTS
Jackson SHEREB
Tyrell SLOAN
Cooper TUNBRIDGE
Phoenix VETENIBUA-FINNERTY
Will WEBB
Jacob WEBSTER
Riley WOODEN
I watched the Steelers teams play Roosters 2 weeks ago and all three teams were beaten comfortably. Basil and Timmo both very dissapointed. It is only a trial and the Roosters have recruited heavily but they looked far from the team they were last year.

BLM01

First Grade
I watched the Steelers teams play Roosters 2 weeks ago and all three teams were beaten comfortably. Basil and Timmo both very dissapointed. It is only a trial and the Roosters have recruited heavily but they looked far from the team they were last year.
Maryitis is rapidly gone through the joint. Hopefully they find a cure or antibiotic shortly and eradicate the virus.
Signing off "Comfortable being uncomfortable"

redandwhite4evr

Juniors

It's early days still- the Daily Telegraph has been previewing the junior competitions and the Steelers teams were being talked up- particularly the SG Ball with six of the winning team returning from last year and Josh Coric, apparently a gun prop, being singled out. St George as usual seems to be making up the numbers.

Interesting to see some of the names in the Illawarra teams who, given the unusual natures of those names, are sure to be offspring of past players - and in one case- a past conditioner (Ken Boothroyd).