What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SG Ball and Harold Matthews results

Rod Coil

Juniors
I note an article today on Zero Tackle about us (Stg SG Ball) signing the Manly half Charlie Boyle.

What hasn’t been noted anywhere is that the Melbourne Storm signed a local St.George District junior from the 2024 Harold Matt’s for 3 years. He was in our pathways system.

This is a team that won 2 games this year so one would think that he stood out & we would be keen to keep him. But somehow he thought his footy future as a young bloke was elsewhere.

It is mind boggling & a real concern in my view!

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
I note an article today on Zero Tackle about us (Stg SG Ball) signing the Manly half Charlie Boyle.

What hasn’t been noted anywhere is that the Melbourne Storm signed a local St.George District junior from the 2024 Harold Matt’s for 3 years. He was in our pathways system.

This is a team that won 2 games this year so one would think that he stood out & we would be keen to keep him. But somehow he thought his footy future as a young bloke was elsewhere.

Who did they sign from our Matts team?

Jubilee

Juniors

And we just signed Charlie Boyle, a standout from Manly SG Ball. This is just how it is. Everyone is poaching and taking a gamble on young talent. It is better or cheaper than waiting until they are stars. But we can't keep them all. And they won't all be stars. We just have to hope that our recruiters have a better eye for talent than the other sides.

Latest posts