What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SG Ball Fixtures

Perth Red

Post Whore
Good tough game against Freo last week and equally tough one coming up against the Sth Perth first team on Friday. It is then into the season proper:

The team is now entering its last few weeks before kick off and the team is primed for a good start to the season, this will be aided by two home games against the Roosters and Storm.
The final trial will be next week, so if you can make it, here are the details:
Friday 11 February, 7.30pm: V South Perth 1st Grade, George Burnett Park, Karrawarra

SEASON DRAW
Round 1 February 19 WA Reds V Sydney Roosters Home
Round 2 February 26 WA Reds V Melbourne Storm Home
Round 3 March 5 Western Suburbs V WA Reds Campbelltown Sports Stadium
Round 4 March 12 WA Reds V Western Sydney Home
Round 5 March 19 Illawarra V WA Reds WIN Stadium Wollongong
Round 6 March 26 Central Coast V WA Reds Morrie Breen
Round 7 April 2 Newcastle Knights V WA Reds Energy Australia Stadium
Round 8 April 9 Bye
Round 9 April 16 WA Reds V Penrith Panthers Home

Perth Red

Post Whore
not yet, I would imagine it will be named after the final trial on Friday though I would suspect it will be mostly whoever takes to the field for the last trial game.

I'm hoping they'll get a new playing kit for a change. We've had this current one now for 4 years isn't it? Hoping they'll sell jerseys as well. Sometimes the WARL......

Nicolas Hart

Juniors
I'm hoping they'll get a new playing kit for a change. We've had this current one now for 4 years isn't it? Hoping they'll sell jerseys as well. Sometimes the WARL......

The WARL may be awaiting the outcome of the bid prior to making further uneccessary costs - I assume if we are successful, we will have 2012 to use as a year of change and evolution. No need to rush it for this year.

seaeagleray

Juniors
I havent heard any different, so i would have to asume that they would use freo as there home ground again

Perth Red

Post Whore
It's looking like Freo though one of the soccer clubs is also under consideration.

Kit will be the same this year, won't change until any announcements re Reds in NRL.

There may still be some jerseys left for sale from Bundy cup Reds, not sure. Never fear though as the Red Army will have merchandise soon for you to spend your hard earned cash on!

Perth Red

Post Whore
Confirmed home games will be at Freo

Home Ground
Ken Allen Field
Jeffery Street, Hilton
Kick Off Each Week 11.00am

Nicolas Hart

Juniors
Confirmed home games will be at Freo

Home Ground
Ken Allen Field
Jeffery Street, Hilton
Kick Off Each Week 11.00am

Perfect. I can make this time each Saturday.

Won't make the first game on the 19th though. Have tonnes of athletes booked in all week (and over the weekend!).... but Round 2 onwards, I shall be around.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Good tough hit out for the Reds boys tonight. Went down 6 tries to 3 against a strong looking Sth Perth 1st grade side. Good prep for next weeks opener. #9 and #3 caught the eye with #7 looking handy as well.

That's good news. Where are 9,3 & 7 from? are they locals or imports? also how are the forwards looking?

Have they selected the final squad as yet? and are there any photos of the Ball and Sth perth game available?.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Hi graham, not sure of where the players are from. I think the total squad number are 70% WA - 30% Eastern states with the starting 17 about 50-50. We still look a bit lightweight but hopefully we will utilise our speed around the ruck better. Sorry it was too dark to get any decent shots at Sth Perth game!

I can't make next weeks game but will be at the Storm game with my camera. Check out our facebook page for regular photos etc.
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6833492366

Nicolas Hart

Juniors
Sydney Roosters 42
Western Australian Reds 10

Almost reads like the Waratahs v Rebels score line.

Similar circumstance as well........... Sydney Roosters are a top side in the competition, so I always figured we'd be beaten today, and next week (since its Melbourne Storm next week).

So long as we're more competitive, I'll be somewhat satisfied.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Shame it wasn;t closer, hoping they could have kept it close for confidence leading into the season. Good luck next week, will be another tough game against a quality Storm team.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Rd1 Match Report:
Saturday, February 19, 2011

Cash Converters WA Reds Go Down to 2010 Premiers
After a positive first half for the Cash Converters WA Reds, the Sydney Roosters proved they will be strong again in the 2011 SG Ball competition with a convincing 42 to 10 win over the home side.
The first half was the more balanced between the sides with mistakes when kicking to touch by the Reds which lead to two tries and the difference in score line at half time.
While lacking a lot in size, the structure and focus of the Reds was rewarded with two tries by the wingers , the first from Ian Wood at the 13 minute mark and the second by Dylan Rintoul after 30 minutes. The only goal was scored by Landre Te Kahu.
After exciting the home crowd in the first half, the Reds looked like they left any form in the shed as the Roosters were far too strong and committed in the second half and ran away scoring an unanswered 20 points.
The strength and much surer ball handling saw Sydney control the first 20 minutes of the second half which broke open the game, and the heart of the Reds.
Roosters’ centre Tau Tau Moga was a stand out for the visitors running over four tries and it was on the wings where they were able to break through with some poor one on one defense from the Reds.
Coach Andrew Korn was very disappointed at the end of the game and questioned the commitment of his side.
“After the first half, against a strong breeze, I thought we had a chance of a win, but with 3 from 12 completions in the second half, we did not give ourselves a chance”.
“I have put it to the team that they have stepped up a grade this year and they must respond”.
They will be working to bring their best game along next week and repay the crowds after a poor first showing.
The crowd of 302 was impressive for the competition and the league believes the quality of football being played will see and increase over the year.
Best players for the Reds were Michael Edwards and Ian Wood.
Next Saturday the Cash Converters WA Reds take on Melbourne Storm at Ken Allen Field, Hilton at 11.00am

Latest posts