What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SGB Website

Sully

Juniors
I finally checked out the SGB Website and I am quite impressed!

1 concern though...

http://www.geocities.com/sydney_green_brigade/index_000005.htm

(The photo section)

The fist 4 odd pictures involve myself in the early to mid 90's and some of those pictures I actually took. Very interesting. When are we going to see some more recent pictures of the SGB??? and not of the Raiders Army and Rousers.

Steven Gerrard

First Grade
Well there has only been one Sydney game this year. So i believe there will be a few new pics popping up during the next few games.

Steven Gerrard

First Grade
Not sure. Theres just the few from the Parra game. I guess everyone is too busy to take photos these days. Any1 who has a digital camera, bring it to the game and take some pics!

Sully

Juniors

Make you a deal?

When you put some up I'll put up some sensational pictures of the Old/New Army and some of nights out with players … I’ve got some dozzies of the army lads with past and present players.

Will all be revealed?

Sully

Juniors
Yeah good point I guess we all have a lot on and really it is an effort for you guys to travel 3 hrs to support the green.

Steven Gerrard

First Grade
It's not a effort. It's worth every single bit!! I'm only going to miss one Canberra game this season (knights) and every Sydney game. There is nothing like the trip down to Canberra knowing that your going to watch the raiders. Just that thought keeps pushing you on. I know alot of people feel the same way, and some are just plain lazy. :lol:

Sully

Juniors
Actually the same and be said all round. I think If we can get more numbers from both home/away to travel look out.

I think the game that is on alot my the lads minds down here is the away Roosters game. It will be a cracker.

Last year I attended all home games and about 7 away so a not to poor effort.

skeepe

Immortal
Argh! Every Parra Stadium photo I'm just out of shot. How is the world going to see my beautiful face? :lol:

Quick! Someone bring a camera to the Sharks game! :p

thickos

First Grade
Hi Sully,
thanks for checking out the SGB website! :D The first crop of photos I took from the previous SGB page at rleague, I had buckley's idea who took the snaps or where they came from originally, so I just used them. I would love to stick a whole lot more photos on the SGB site, if people have great photos from raiders games please PM me and let me know about them.

I guess one of the problems is that people become so absorbed in the game they aren't interested in taking photos of the people jumping up and down besides them! :lol:

Anyways, the sharks game is my birthday so I'll try to take my camera along, get some happy snaps. 8) And yeah you're right, the chooks game in a month's time is gonna be HUGE!

BAY72

Juniors
Sully we have had a camera at both the Canberra home games, and have had the same problem with trying to take photos. We may have some, but people just forget to take them, their just far too interested in the game at hand.

RaidersMalt

Juniors
I keep trying to remember to bring my digital camera to the games, but get so pumped up before the game I forget to pack it.

I can't go to the sharks game, but can lend it to one of the army lads to take some pics. Only on the condition Bay25 doesn't touch it, after breaking his own hand, I'd hate to see what he would do to my poor camera after a couple of beers! :lol:

jed

First Grade
I'll have my digital camera at all future SGB games, and also to the Army games that I go to (should be another 5 - 7), so there will be plenty to go around.

BAY72

Juniors
you bastard Malt, oh well maybe Jed will let me borrow his (if he hasn't heard the stories).
hope your camera is for left handers jed :D

GreenForce

Juniors
Don't give it to him jed. I've seen how Bay25 is with his left hand!

I took a camera to both home games, but only got shots at the Eels game. I'll be at the cronulla game, and I'll make an extra effort to take some pics.

I do however have photos of Bay25 dancing up a storm post raiders game. (pre breaking hand).
I am more than happy to spread these around. :lol:

Seriously though, the lads made a big effort to get us looking like a united group of supporters, so some good shots of the group shouldn't be too hard to come by. I should make it to every home game and most, if not all, Sydney games.

Now all I have to do is remember to use the damn camera...

burley griffin

Juniors
Sully, i did all of the content on the old SGB site that most of the new SGB site was listed from. I also scanned the photos for the site, including the ones from 1994 and 1995 (i have a whole album of them). If you have a look at the original site - http://www.raiders.rleague.com/sgb/photos.php - then you will see the original captions, which stu probably should have reproduced. Each caption starts with "Old Raiders Army Days..."

Now you know how it came about!

Sully

Juniors
Actually burley you took one of the pictures straight of my website when I was dead set about 17yrs old so.....

Its cool though.

Sully

Juniors
GreenForce...

Is bay25 your other half and who is this RaidersMalt is he one of your 2 male offsiders???

Malt???

Slowly the Army joins the Forum....

Sully

Juniors
Jed...

Thank you kind sir!

Heres going back a bit to see who is a raiders fan-atic. Do you guys rememeber the Raiders Magazine???