What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shack: Life is joyful after beating injury hell

Gronk

Staff member
Life is joyful after beating injury hell

1227461.jpg

BY CHRIS BOULOUS
04 May, 2011 03:16 PM
IT'S a long way back to the top — especially when you have only one good hamstring.But standing tall in his City Origin jumper, Eels forward Shane Shackleton could afford to let out a smile.
He had climbed rugby league's version of Mt Everest . . . and survived to tell the tale.
This time last year the 28-year-old was in the midst of countless hours of strength and physiotherapy after tearing his hamstring from the bone in his first game in the blue gold last year.
He virtually had to learn to walk again.
Now, he his walking on cloud nine after being selected for his second representative game.
"I am shocked, speechless," Shackleton told the Sun.
" It's a big turnaround from this time last year.
"It's good to know all the hard work and rehab has paid off."
The news of his representative selection was bittersweet for the former Sydney Rooster.
In the sheds after the Dragons' 30-0 demolition of the Eels, Shackleton received the tap on the shoulder.
"The footy manager told me after the game," he said.
"I thought he was mucking around.
"I still can't believe it. It is a surreal feeling. I just really want to concentrate on enjoying the week and having fun.
"However, I think I still have a lot to improve and contribute at club level to help my team week in and week out. This Friday I just want to have a crack and see where it takes me."
And can we expect another last-minute match-winning try like his effort against the Titans two weeks ago?
"You never know. I might leave it to that last minute again and make it exciting," he said.
http://www.parramattasun.com.au/new...joyful-after-beating-injury-hell/2153056.aspx

The Omen

Juniors
i think the guy is deserving of his City Origin spot.

has been one of if not the most consistent player for us all year and after the a stressful and heartbreaking 2010 season he seems to have put in alot of effort in the offsean to get himself back to being a top ranked player

congrats to Shack