What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

shane elford

tiger_nick

Bench
There was the game against Manly when he got run down by Menzies after giving him a start then dropped it. Thats the game where he tried to intercept a ball with his leg. Also remember against Penrith once on the Friday night getting run down by someone he shouldnt have

simon says

First Grade
Have to agree with Nick here.....I remmeber seing in RLW that Elford was our fastest player...and then seeing him get run down at least 3/4 times with a big lead was heartbreaking.

But........his form in our winning streak late 2005 was nothing short of sensational......great hands,i dunno how many times he gave a sharp ball to Richards for a try,and his one on one defense was superb....he owned quite a few top shelf centres.

2006 was terrible for him,blokes that he had owned made him look slow and clumsy...........it was embarassing at times.

But he is a wholehearted player,and I loved how pumped he would get when we would score and acknowledge the crowd.

Could be a very good buy for ESL......really hard to tell though.

aladinsane

Juniors
Mighty Tiger said:
And how did he go against Gasnier in 06? 2 direct tries to Gasnier at least due to his misses

He is a decent pickup. In the NRL he wasn't a good player, he was average, consistancy was his biggest problem. In 05 he did perform well especially towards the end but at the start and in 04 and 06 he was ordinary at best.

Always tries to give his all.Sometimes falls short.He enjoyed, and I feel loved his time with the Wests Tigers.

He was carrying an injury from the trials of 2006 and beyond,hence he struggled to find his form in 2006.

He put on one of the best finals defensive efforts I seen in the 2005 game against the rampaging Broncos(first half).

I feel he will do well for you at Huddersfield and be very tight in defence.My pick, a very honest pick up.......2007 a big year for Shane