What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shane Flanagan

Lol @murraymob mob starting yet another forum war.

That went really well for them last time!

unbeaten for a million years except when it mattered. Turning up their noses at everyone, being proud of themselves!

We doth saw smug and so we killed it.

“next coward up” wasn’t it mobster?

Nate and Jeremiah hiding under the benches at LO from drunken grandmothers.

Lol.

Ivan is a grubby underwear sniffing lying f**kwit. He wouldn’t know an uggboot if he tried one on. That’s my honest opinion.

I hope the qld crowd do their duty.

Last edited:
I actually watched the game again this morning and I picked up where the OP was getting at. I thought the "we" that he said was more aligned as how a coach thinks, as in he was talking of forward passes and he said "we" dont know who to blame, the runner, passer etc. I honestly think he was talking as a collective of coaches in his "we".
In saying that, he truly was commentating as if he was the Tigers coach. I even said in the Sharks game day thread that he is really trying very hard not to show any bias towards the Sharks.
Make of that as you will, but maybe he was giving your management an unofficial interview
I thinks he ok actually. Thanks for your visit too!

JohnnyThailand

Juniors
f**k this. If anythings pissed me off more than the games this season it's Tiger Town. If the relationship Maguire has with the players is like it's presented in the show then he's not reaching any of them.

Some players need coaches to motivate them. But good players should only need a coach to make sure they develop to their potential.

Maguire is failing on both sides at either motivating individuals or players reaching their potential.

It doesn't necessarily mean he's a bad coach. It could mean he is a shit house recruiter at what players he needs to coach to his potential. Either way, a coach that cannot make players play to their potential or recruit players who he can coach to their potential is a shit coach for that team. This happens to NRL coaches all the time.

Seibolds an average coach, but Brisbane was the wrong team at the wrong time. Cleary is a bad coach but is at the right team at the right time.

Bennett and Hasler are good coaches who could both motivate and find the potential of any roster at any club. Playing to their potential doesn't always make them the best players in the league though. Bellamy is a good coach who does both while under an incredible roster selection team. Their dynasty ends when those pieces leave. Not the players.

Flanagan has proven he could get players to play to their potential simply by looking at his 2016 roster and seeing how many of those players were rejects from other teams or have never played as well since he/they left. It doesn't mean he can do it with the lot we have now though. One thing I definitely credit him with was when he stole Fifita, Heighington and Ryan from us and somehow made us think we'd gotten a good deal on an ass raping.

I wouldn't offer Flanagan a deal now though. I'd send the players round to meet him 1 on 1 in the off-season and then process all the feedback from both sides. What would Flanagan provide them. What do the players think.

If it comes back good then I'd send the players off 1 on 1 again to meet up with a paid consultation from Lewis and Gallen to let them explain how Flanagan works as a coach. The info will be biased as shit. But if the players come back with a kinda enthusiastic 'Yeah, seems pretty good eh' then I'd f**k them off. If they come back with a 'I want Flanagan here right this instant so we can kick some f**king ass' attitude then I'd keep them.

And as for Flanagans kid, I'd expect the expected and make do with it. But I'd also put so much pressure on them to make Cleary and his kid look like amateur f**ks that if they didn't perform they'd spiral into a god damn depression so deep they'd never wake up from it. Kyle ain't bad at all. But there's definitely some shit going on in the bg that either his dad can only stop from happening or he is the source of it now.

Tigerm

First Grade
f**k this. If anythings pissed me off more than the games this season it's Tiger Town. If the relationship Maguire has with the players is like it's presented in the show then he's not reaching any of them.

Some players need coaches to motivate them. But good players should only need a coach to make sure they develop to their potential.

Maguire is failing on both sides at either motivating individuals or players reaching their potential.

It doesn't necessarily mean he's a bad coach. It could mean he is a shit house recruiter at what players he needs to coach to his potential. Either way, a coach that cannot make players play to their potential or recruit players who he can coach to their potential is a shit coach for that team. This happens to NRL coaches all the time.

Seibolds an average coach, but Brisbane was the wrong team at the wrong time. Cleary is a bad coach but is at the right team at the right time.

Bennett and Hasler are good coaches who could both motivate and find the potential of any roster at any club. Playing to their potential doesn't always make them the best players in the league though. Bellamy is a good coach who does both while under an incredible roster selection team. Their dynasty ends when those pieces leave. Not the players.

Flanagan has proven he could get players to play to their potential simply by looking at his 2016 roster and seeing how many of those players were rejects from other teams or have never played as well since he/they left. It doesn't mean he can do it with the lot we have now though. One thing I definitely credit him with was when he stole Fifita, Heighington and Ryan from us and somehow made us think we'd gotten a good deal on an ass raping.

I wouldn't offer Flanagan a deal now though. I'd send the players round to meet him 1 on 1 in the off-season and then process all the feedback from both sides. What would Flanagan provide them. What do the players think.

If it comes back good then I'd send the players off 1 on 1 again to meet up with a paid consultation from Lewis and Gallen to let them explain how Flanagan works as a coach. The info will be biased as shit. But if the players come back with a kinda enthusiastic 'Yeah, seems pretty good eh' then I'd f**k them off. If they come back with a 'I want Flanagan here right this instant so we can kick some f**king ass' attitude then I'd keep them.

And as for Flanagans kid, I'd expect the expected and make do with it. But I'd also put so much pressure on them to make Cleary and his kid look like amateur f**ks that if they didn't perform they'd spiral into a god damn depression so deep they'd never wake up from it. Kyle ain't bad at all. But there's definitely some shit going on in the bg that either his dad can only stop from happening or he is the source of it now.
Interesting, I guess that’s why you’re not on the board or the recruitment team?

Have you heard of a thing called a contract?

But let me ask, how long would you give him? And if he doesn’t work out, how long for the next one?
Then what coach is going to want to come here?

Last edited:

JohnnyThailand

Juniors
Interesting, I guess that’s why you’re not on the board or the recruitment team?

Have you heard of a thing called a contract?

But let me ask, how long would you give him? And if he doesn’t work out, how long for the next one?
Then what coach is going to want to come here?
I respect contracts as much as organizations, players and player managers do. We're actually only 3 weeks out now before the yearly tradition of finding out which player will demand his water tight contract be broken to move on from the club. I'm surprised sports bet isn't offering odds on which player it'll be yet.

I wouldn't sign Flanagan unless the team buys in. But I doubt they would anyway. They just seem like the most unenthusiastic bunch of athletes I've ever seen put together. My strategy would still be to just steal every person from Melbournes entire system until we entirely replaced our culture with theirs. The problem is the people that would be charged with doing it would eventually have to replace themselves with Melbourne people too. The club is going backwards. And the doco shows Maguire didn't lose the players. Hes never had them.

stryker

First Grade
Lucky you have the panthers next week after you smashed them and celebrated your victory so gracefully it should be a easy return victory for you .Penrith have no chance against your mighty team
f**k off you low rent piece of houso Penrith scum

I respect contracts as much as organizations, players and player managers do. We're actually only 3 weeks out now before the yearly tradition of finding out which player will demand his water tight contract be broken to move on from the club. I'm surprised sports bet isn't offering odds on which player it'll be yet.

I wouldn't sign Flanagan unless the team buys in. But I doubt they would anyway. They just seem like the most unenthusiastic bunch of athletes I've ever seen put together. My strategy would still be to just steal every person from Melbournes entire system until we entirely replaced our culture with theirs. The problem is the people that would be charged with doing it would eventually have to replace themselves with Melbourne people too. The club is going backwards. And the doco shows Maguire didn't lose the players. Hes never had them.
Let’s say we chum down with Shane for a moment, during his last coaching tenure he achieves the 64% win ratio.

Bring that across to the 2021 season, all things being equal, takes us to 14.72 games out of 23.

Takes us to 29 points on the nrl ladder….puts us between 4th and 5th and battling it out for top 4 v smug next weekend. Match of the round!

His go before that during his previous tenure 55% or 25 points gets us into 7th spot without too much ado.

So based on his global performance, I’d say he has some claims to at least an initial interview. You’d have to invite him anyway.

Ned Kelly

Juniors
Hullo Shane, I know the Tigers don't look like an appealing project at the moment but let's face it if you got us to 2nd last next year you would be a hero. Come on give us a ģo.Sign your son on a million a year, we don't care. We're desperate.

Hullo Shane, I know the Tigers don't look like an appealing project at the moment but let's face it if you got us to 2nd last next year you would be a hero. Come on give us a ģo.Sign your son on a million a year, we don't care. We're desperate.
you’re a f**king visionary.

Give little flanners scrote the captaincy too.

Vic Mackey

Referee
No to Flanagan, his time at the sharks was only successful due to rorting the cap and drug cheating. Plus he’ll want his son here who makes Luke Brooks look like Andrew Johns

WA Tiger

Bench
True but let all the Madges out there rort the cap and drug cheat he’d still fail…you still need to be a good coach I reckon to win with a rorted cap …eg Bellamy although I think not as bad as Cronulla? Don’t get me wrong Melbourne are still a bunch of caaaarnts
What other coaches have rorted the cap in recent years I can’t remember…bulldogs/parra/warriors ?
at least it shows a will to win..
Pascoe can keep his bloodshot eyes on all that side of things and the drugs..I think Flanagans time on the sideline would have ironed that one out of him

Last edited:
No to Flanagan, his time at the sharks was only successful due to rorting the cap and drug cheating. Plus he’ll want his son here who makes Luke Brooks look like Andrew Johns
I’m not entirely convinced of that vic, except for the last sentence!

Even if you were right, I’d want to see evidence that he can’t coach a clean side with a clean cap.

I suppose we don’t know but I’m happy to consider the opposite opinion!