What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shane Watson Appreciation Thread

lockyno1

Post Whore
Now we all know the great man in Watson has been preferred to Clarke. Lets see how well he goes this year. He could surprise a lot of you. He has the potential to win the series with some great batting and bowling. Watto by the end of the summer should be considered the best no6 we have. So appreciate Watto in here.

Welcome to the Shane Watson Appreciation Thread.

00016281-image.jpg

lockyno1

Post Whore
Disagree, Clarke had a few chances to cement a spot. If I were picking a batsman only it would be Jaques at no6 not Clarke. They went for the all rounder, and Watson is the best all rounder we have. He'll prove himself this summer!

hineyrulz

Post Whore
lockyno1 said:
Disagree, Clarke had a few chances to cement a spot. If I were picking a batsman only it would be Jaques at no6 not Clarke. They went for the all rounder, and Watson is the best all rounder we have. He'll prove himself this summer!
i hope your right locky.

pogo

Juniors
this is going to be fun to watch a jack of no trades in watson vs a great bat, great fielder and capable bowler in clarke.

ponting has his fingers all over this dud selection.

TheParraboy

Staff member
lockyno1 said:
Now we all know the great man in Watson has been preferred to Clarke. Lets see how well he goes this year. He could surprise a lot of you. He has the potential to win the series with some great batting and bowling. Watto by the end of the summer should be considered the best no6 we have. So appreciate Watto in here.

Didnt you say the same thing about Symonds this time last year? ;-)

yup, you are always right :lol:

Red Bear

Referee
Lol, must have been an impressive 0 from Watson.

Interesting to see how he goes. I dont wish failure on players(unlike certain members who post under the name Lockyno1) But i have little expectaion of him performing well.

azza

Juniors
Fair dinkum locky, you goose... I can just imagine some of the players who would be in the team if we had selectors like you -

Muller
Hauritz
Watson
Lewis
etc.
<shudder>

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
lockyno1 said:

00016281-image.jpg
if you were any more f**ked in the head, I swear people would mistake your head for a prostitute

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
About 1000 km's off the east coast of Bermuda, is this strange little place called Lockyland.

Those who pass through the Bermuda triangle normally end up in Lockyland

Everything in Lockyland is warm and fuzzy.

JJ

Immortal
Seriously though - there's not much question that Shane Watson is a very very good cricketer. Whether he'll turn into a very very good international cricketer is yet to be seen.

Clarke is clearly an immensely talented batsman, with what seems like an immensely impetuous temperament at the crease in tests. His ODI record is amazing, but in tests he has been dismissed in irresponsible fashion many times.

Watson gives the team the luxury of including a risky bowler such as Tait or Johnson - which many of you have been arguing for (one or the other). If Clarke was at #6, then I don't think the selectors would consider including Tait or Johnson in the XI.

Regardless, it's funny that Australians and Kiwis bag players that have been picked to play for their country. At times it almost seems like failure is being wished upon them. At the end of the day Watson is a cricketer with a lot of talent who's been picked for Australia, which I assume is his dream, and he desperately will want to contribute to Australia's winning.

The selector's logic seems pretty obvious to me, I just wish selectors and coaches in this part of the world would communicate their reasoning better, or media analysts would be a bit more focused on what their thinking is. If you have a problem with Watson being in the team, it's not him that should be criticised it's the selectors...

And locky - perhaps you could provide some evidence to back your claim that you're usually right :D

Macca

Coach
I hope he scores a ton in each innings and takes 10 wickets.

I don't think he will. I think he'll fail and Gilly, Warner and Brett Lee will have to make up for him. I hope I am wrong.

pogo

Juniors
i hope you are right and he fails miserably...

clarke has been robbed of his rightful spot in the australian team.
ponting has his fingers all over this and its a joke.

Latest posts