What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shane Watson Appreciation Thread

borat

Bench
Andrew Symonds never impersonated a middle order batsman to little success like Katich did. Symonds was purely there as an allrounder, Katich was there to give the opposition light at the end of the tunnel. With a test average of 33 he would be lucky to play for the Bangers, or NZ for that matter.

I can never remember katich making a decent score when we needed him. The runs he ever got were when we were already well on top.

The middle order of Katich and Clarke in the ashes last year was a freaking shambles and a big reason why we lost the ashes.

willvillain

Juniors
There are many more tards than that here, and you know it.

You have a poor memory it seems as well. Do you remember Steve Waugh's last test? Katich played basically a lone hand, scored 80* and saved the Test? Too much effort?

You are either being stubborn or stupid to not back down from your suggestion that Katich is the worst player to don the baggy green since 1986.

I'm not a Katich fan by any stretch of the imagination, but he did much better than you are making out.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
willvillain said:

You have a poor memory it seems as well. Do you remember Steve Waugh's last test? Katich played basically a lone hand, scored 80* and saved the Test? Too much effort?

You are either being stubborn or stupid to not back down from your suggestion that Katich is the worst player to don the baggy green since 1986.

I'm not a Katich fan by any stretch of the imagination, but he did much better than you are making out.
well said mate, katich made 125 and 80odd not out in steve waugh's last test. and then he get's dropped for symonds :crazy: as i said i'm not katich's biggest fan but to describe him as the worst aussie player in 20yr's is just totally blown.

borat

Bench
willvillain said:

You recall his finest acheivement in 23 tests as contributing to a draw? This is his problem, he is the diet coke of test cricketers.

Maybe 20 years is streching it, I'll say 15 then.

Name me another Austrlian batsman with such a piss poor average. 2 100's in 38 innings is ordinary beyond belief. Surely the Kat has a NZ grandmother somewhere, anywhere.

willvillain

Juniors
borat said:
You recall his finest acheivement in 23 tests as contributing to a draw?

It was an excellent innings when Australia needed him. He had an abysmal Ashes series (couldn't handle the reverse swing, and he copped two dud decisions), and didn't recover, but prior to that he played more than enough good cricket to elevate him above 'worst Aussie in 20 years' status.

He played a crucial role at Nagpur in 2004 as well. That was the game that clinched our first series win in India for years! He's had a hand in Australia's success of the past few years.

lockyno1

Post Whore
After a unfortunate layoff the great Shane Watson returns to ODI cricket on friday. Go Sunshine. Do us all proud!

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
lockyno1 said:
No he won't. He'll go close to MOTM

You're an idiot! and deep down, you must believe that. You are always wrong when it comes to cricket. Unlike you, I play the game and some of the crap you say is beyond insane!

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Besides Lee and to a lesser excent Bracken the rest of the bowling was ordinary. so Watson wasn't robinson Crusoe out there.