What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

shark park floods

nqcowboy87

Bench
in a recent article ricky stuart said that shark being on flood plain is liley to floodand did flood only a few years back, does anybody have any news articles or photos or information on this

Bratwurst

Juniors
SMH has its own agenda against us. It's the Magnay influence. Build the site up 1 meter and it's no longer a flood zone.

Quigs

Immortal
in a recent article ricky stuart said that shark being on flood plain is liley to floodand did flood only a few years back, does anybody have any news articles or photos or information on this

Ricky was right bout those bloody floods bro.

Remember it like it was yesterday. I sandbanked up to over me head but the waters just kept on rising.

It was never ever reported through fear of the club being closed down, but there were actually 7 lower grade players washed to thier deaths. Four were never found. The reckon you can still hear their screams if you stick your head under the southern stand when a strong nor-easter is blowing. Thats where the tidal surge sprang from.

flood-1.jpg

This is a picture of the seach mounted by the club in an effort to locate the missing 7. We all knew it was futile but for the sake of our survival it had to be done.

flood-2.jpg

This is one of the biggest secrets in the history of our code, so please keep it to yourself. If the Papers ever found out it would most certainly mean the end of the Sharks

Inferno

Coach
hahaha

I'm not worried Quigs

I just heard a report from your favourite news reporter

07-minister.jpg

Telling us it was a deliberate plan to increase the value of the property by quadrupling the waterfront land.

S.R.

Juniors
Pretty sure there have been more games cancelled/postponed due to a "flooded pitch" at each of the grounds at Gosford, Newcastle, Brisbane and the Gold Coast than at Cronulla.

It rains at EVERY one of our home games, and nothing has washed away yet.

BUT... the SMH says its a flood plain... better run for the hills!! :crazy:

shadowboxer

First Grade
This is one of the biggest secrets in the history of our code, so please keep it to yourself. If the Papers ever found out it would most certainly mean the end of the Sharks

first time ive laughed in days, nice work quiggly down under.
Scoop for r.wilson

nqcowboy87

Bench
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...ficially-a-club-in-crisis-20110219-1b07i.html

The club, which is $11 million in debt and is said to be unable to borrow any more from its bank, has warned members that voting against the proposal would jeopardise the club's future.

However, Capsis insisted there were major environmental problems that should be discussed.

''Yes, there are problems - there's flood issues for a start,'' he told The Sun-Herald.

''The risk of a flood at Shark Park isn't some kind of big secret - it flooded a few years ago.

''It is one of a few issues that need to be seriously looked at.

''It's a flood plain and these areas flood. It happened [at Toyota Stadium] a few years ago and all I can say is people have a short memory.

''These so-called one in a hundred year floods seem to be happening a lot more regularly.''

well maybe it wasnt ricky and i put my hand up for making that mistake, but it sure shows how much of a mire you guys are in when fans are this snarky over such an unassuming question

Quigs

Immortal
Whose snarky, we arnt snarky sharkies.

Just make sure you keep your guts on the info about the floods of 07.

We call it the floods of 07 not for the year, but for the losses.

It's a bit like during WW2 when the japs were torpedoing our merchant ships on coastal routes. Some of us saw them go down but we were not allowed to report it.

It was classified information.

Just like the NRL has informed the Sharks about the Floods of 07. It's all hush hush.

yadamisha

Juniors
Never stopped them building Brisbane when they were told it was in a flood plain. How many times have they been flooded now?

Quigs

Immortal
Joh Bjelke was able to stop the flooding in Brissie. He'd just sit on the riverbank and tell the floods to go away.

Shame old Joh's gone to the big peanut farm in the sky, we could of borrowed him to help with the flood mitigation re or proposed development.

What about if we use a scarecrow type tactic. Just stick an effigy of old Joh Bjelke on all the drainage areas and have a recorded message blearing out everytime it pours.

"You, you, floods are no good....... You just back were you come from, you hear"

That will do the trick.

-

Last edited: