What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharkies get $10m for stadium upgrade

innsaneink

Referee
Inferno said:
it does help having the federal treasurer of Australia as your number 2 ticket holder ;-).

Muuh...rather have a decent coach and a trophy thanx, who cares if we get wet when it rains.

Glen

Bench
The Government's money would be better spent constructing a nuclear weapon to wipe the Shire off the map

Sharkie™

Juniors
i would just like to thank everyone for contributing to "the cronulla sharks we need a new stadium fund" aka "australian income tax".

because of all your hard work the cronulla sharks will now reap the benefits...now everytime u come to sharks park u can think that u helped made it possible..

fatshark

Bench
About bloody time.Considering the shire has one of the highest growing populations and highest wealth and intellect per person.

Perth Red said:
$10 mill, a drop in the ocean for ground renovation (but still better than nothing i guess?)

Will be interesting in a few years when GC, Storm,Broncos, Newcastle etc are all in top quality stadiums and some Sydney teams are still playing out of antiquated grounds.

Newcastle will remain a half a top quality stadium while ppl here continue to vote bloody labour :roll:

fourplay

Juniors
Any money off the government going to RL = good news no matter what its for.

Shark park doesnt even have cover incase it rains.. maybe they'll use some of the money to build a roof.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I can't believe you Newcastle lot have the nerve to whinge. That stadium is PERFECT how it is. Any further redevelopment would only reduce capacity. You want to get rid of the hill? Big thumbs down.

Not just that either - you lot just had a brilliant big Grandstand built - give it a rest. For the record, since you've already got one section done - there are a number of stadia ahead of you:

Leichhardt Oval
WIN Stadium
Belmore Sports Ground
Campbelltown
Redfern
Toyota
Parramatta
...well - I think even Telstra and Aussie are ahead of EAS.

F**kin selfish whingers.

DJ1

Juniors
Maybe they just want the money to re-build the stadium after the Dogs v Sharks clash this year.

ooops! jk