What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharks 2019 team

snout

First Grade
Bird def wants back lve heard.
And broncs preparing without him.

Injured or not some players arent a fit for some clubs.
And thats birds case. Maybe you need to be more of a prick to play there...although bird did himself no favours walking for more money.

Im only reading between the lines but l still dont believe ben barbas not coming home. The more flanno says not interested the more l dont believe it.

Last edited:

bluefox68

Staff member

And thats birds case. Maybe you need to be more of a lrick to play there...although bird did himself no favours walking for more money.

Im only reading between the lines but l still dont believe ben barbas not coming home. The more flanno says not interested the more l dont believe it.
I’d take him back...
It’d be great to have both AND Val...

wibble

Bench

And thats birds case. Maybe you need to be more of a lrick to play there...although bird did himself no favours walking for more money.

I really hope you are right on both counts. Bird and Dugan are a great centre pairing, IMHO.

Barba is just amazing. His awareness on the field, which translates in to his talk and guidance of the team in attack and defense, is only matched by Slater at the moment.

bluefox68

Staff member
Based on history, Morris will be harder to keep on the field than Dugan... And is a lot slower.

Hope I’m proven wrong...

McLovin

Staff member
https://www.zerotackle.com/reports-bird-keen-to-return-to-sharks-35767/

REPORTS: Bird keen to return to Sharks
Ben Cotton
-
August 19, 2018 - 4:41 pm

GettyImages-929084770-696x464.jpg

SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA - MARCH 08: Jack Bird of the Broncos watches on before the round one NRL match between the St George Illawarra Dragons and the Brisbane Broncos at UOW Jubilee Oval on March 8, 2018 in Sydney, Australia. (Photo by Mark Kolbe/Getty Images)

Broncos utility is keen on returning to the Cronulla, as reported by The Daily Telegraph.

But the Sharks will not be able to fit the 23-year old into their books without the help of the Broncos.

The Sharks’ back five stocks are depleted following the losses of Jesse Ramien and Ricky Leutele, and the uncertainty surrounding Valentine Holmes means Bird would be an ideal addition.

However, they may have to offload Josh Dugan’s lucrative deal contract in order to fit Bird into their salary.

Bird has struggled through his first year Brisbane, being hampered with a sternum injury that has restricted him to just eight games.

SadShark

Bench
I got a premonition Morris will be as popular amongst our fans as an Epsom Salts milkshake.

Dud signing. Used by date like a September 2011 Bag of washed spinach.

sharkman73

Juniors
Based on history, Morris will be harder to keep on the field than Dugan... And is a lot slower.

Hope I’m proven wrong...

I don't know where this misconception comes from. Since he debuted he's played at least 20 games every year excluding 2011 (17 games) and 2014 (19 games).

Chimp

Bench
Morris has still gone alright in a completely dog shyte team for the last few years. He's a decent stop gap signing - I think he'll do a Woodsy...

carinashark

First Grade
Bird is way to much of a problem, he has a bad chronic injury and may never play again. We should just let it go.
We need to focus on a Lewis and Ramien replacements without looking at veterans.

Stake Removed

First Grade
B.Xerri - 2020

1. V.Holmes
2. S.Feki
3. J.Dugan
4. J.Morris
5. B.Xerri
6. M.Moylan
7. K.Flanagan
8. A.Fifita
9. J.Brailey